• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Roubaix 2021 (03.10)

Page 67 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vermeersch actually looked like crying as well and not happy at all, but van der Poel really refused the conference? Must be very, very disappointed...
This was his once in a lifetime chance to win one of the biggest cycling races in the world.

Who knows what happens if DSM simply isn't DSM. If he gets 4 minutes on the peloton and 2 minutes on the Moscon group. We saw how strong he was.

Nope. I am suggesting a rider probably prefers taking risks in the end of the season rather than in the beginning of it?

I am still shocked it's even ridden tbh.
Have you seen the documentary that movingtarget had posted a link to downstairs in the cafe? It's very basic... Paris-Roubaix isn't meant for every rider in the peloton, hence, not every pro rider should even try it regardless of the season.

Hope I'm not being nasty toward you, btw., just talking a bit about the Paris-Roubaix.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxBTVU9JDrA&ab_channel=MrFixie

Reactions: noob
What a deserved victory! I have considered Colbrelli this eras version on Pippo Pozzato.. I still think Pippo was better (and obviously more stylish and LAVISH - its like comparing Chiellini to Nesta - come on), but man, he really needed this one to show for himself! All-time victory in an all time race, so deserved. And *** OFF to all the "oh but he sucked wheel on my favourite rider MvP", yeah, I absolutely love Mathieu as well, but he got beaten completely fair and square today by the italian mafia. It is what it is.

And what a *** name. Sonny. Thats simply world class.

What a deserved victory! I have considered Colbrelli this eras version on Pippo Pozzato.. I still think Pippo was better (and obviously more stylish and LAVISH - its like comparing Chiellini to Nesta - come on), but man, he really needed this one to show for himself! All-time victory in an all time race, so deserved. And *** OFF to all the "oh but he sucked wheel on my favourite rider MvP", yeah, I absolutely love Mathieu as well, but he got beaten completely fair and square today by the italian mafia. It is what it is.

And what a *** name. Sonny. Thats simply world class.
First rainy Roubaix in 20 years and a man named Sonny wins it.

Have you seen the documentary that movingtarget had posted a link to downstairs in the cafe? It's very basic... Paris-Roubaix isn't meant for every rider in the peloton, hence, not every pro rider should even try it regardless of the season.

Hope I'm not being nasty toward you, btw., just talking a bit about the Paris-Roubaix.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxBTVU9JDrA&ab_channel=MrFixie
No worries. <3 I am thinking like yesterday when Annemiek got injured. Had it been in the beginning of the season I assume she would have been more frustrated because of every race she missed.

I saw Horner talking about it yesterday and he made quite an impact. So I have figured out it's definitely not for everyone.

But also naively I believe that while one crashes more on muddy roads one hurts oneself a bit less on them than on dry hard surfaces as well?

This film is made by the legendary danish commentator Jørgen Leth, one of Denmark's absolute biggest legends. A cycling institution.. was the man who introduced Denmark to cycling in late 80 early 90's (or there about), just before the first, big danish invasion in cycling starting in the early 90s. Man is an insanely talented filmmaker, writer, poet, scholar, podcaster whatever, he does it all at a very high level. Got fired as a commentator on danish TV2 in 2005 by the first wave Me-Too-movement, politically correct BS, and reinstated as commentator in 2009 and commentated until 2018 or thereabouts in a different paring - first 15 years (more or less) along with Mader, another danish legend in my estimation, and the last 10 years along with Ritter and Rolf Sørensen.

Incredibly well produced movie - take a look at the Giro d' Italia movie he made in the early 1970's following one of the better danish rider Ole Ritter as well. A movie which also depicts how Eddy liked to race the big Grand Tours. Incredibly work by Leth in pioneering the making of cycling related movies and later on commentating the Tour de France and other big races to the big masses of Denmark (and most importantly, make them interested in what they were watching and listening to). I have no doubts thats why I care so much about cycling today.

This film is made by the legendary danish commentator Jørgen Leth, one of Denmark's absolute biggest legends. A cycling institution.. was the man who introduced Denmark to cycling in late 80 early 90's (or there about), just before the first, big danish invasion in cycling starting in the early 90s. Man is an insanely talented filmmaker, writer, poet, scholar, podcaster whatever, he does it all at a very high level. Got fired as a commentator on danish TV2 in 2005 by the first wave Me-Too-movement, politically correct BS, and reinstated as commentator in 2009 and commentated until 2018 or thereabouts in a different paring - first 15 years (more or less) along with Mader, another danish legend in my estimation, and the last 10 years along with Ritter and Rolf Sørensen.

Incredibly well produced movie - take a look at the Giro d' Italia movie he made in the early 1970's following one of the better danish rider Ole Ritter as well. A movie which also depicts how Eddy liked to race the big Grand Tours. Incredibly work by Leth in pioneering the making of cycling related movies and later on commentating the Tour de France and other big races to the big masses of Denmark (and most importantly, make them interested in what they were watching and listening to). I have no doubts thats why I care so much about cycling today.

He is an icon, but from a cycling perspective in his later years he really didn't know a lot. Not sure he would be able to mention 10 riders that were riding the Tour de France, the last few years he was commentating, But an insanely talented filmmaker.

First rainy Roubaix in 20 years and a man named Sonny wins it.
At least hes not name Sunny I guess.

What a weird race though. Watched it at a bar and thats the last time I'll watch a race like Roubaix at a bar - simply had no clue what was going on at times. To be honest, watching at home I probably still would have no clue at times.

Carrefour sucked though. I genuinely believe Pedersen and Asgreen could have made the final selection in such a race, but whatever.

Every pro rider should be required to ride Paris-Roubaix once, like a rite of passage. In the past the greatest champions also coveted it for their palmares, even one how despised it like Hinault. It's the very essence of brutal cycling.
There should be a Paris Roubaix special addition for riders unde 60kg. I wanna see Porte, Pozzovivo, Nairoman battle on cobbles

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
He is an icon, but from a cycling perspective in his later years he really didn't know a lot. Not sure he would be able to mention 10 riders that were riding the Tour de France, the last few years he was commentating, But an insanely talented filmmaker.
Indeed, he wasn't very good the later years, but I dont really think he was very cycling knowledgeable (compared to a person like Chris Anker, RIP <3) at any point of his career. But I dont think that was really the point of his commentating. I think he and Mader shone the brightest of the pairings - for example, I have rewatched some of my absolute all-time favourite stages of the Tour de France from 2003 from TV2 and that is absolutely wonderful to listen to.

Oct 3, 2021
Visit site
A bit harsh.

Red Rick's negative comments have a variety level worthy of their own monument.

Only on a most superficial level, on a deeper one there is little actual variation.
Not that it is uncommon, only there is a clinic-level denial about it (more than that actually, for there is no section about it).

Congratulations to Sonny Colbrelli for taking the win.

When a grown man cries like that you know the situation is serious. He never cried like that after bodychecking Roglič. Joking aside he was smart at positioning himself during the last part of the race and at the sprint he was calm and confident and executed that brilliantly.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS