• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paris - Roubaix: April 14th, 2019

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Max Rockatansky said:
I am not sure about Kristoff.

He started nine times. His best results are 9th and 10th. In 2013 he won Flanders in a great way, De Panne, Scheldeprijs and got second in Sanremo. Was super strong that year and the top favorite for Roubaix. Still he was never able to perform at his best on those cobbles. Also crashed a lot, if I remember correctly. So I can't make him a top favorite.

Politt will be very strong, I am sure about that. And he loves Roubaix, also does Dege.

I have some kind of a feeling, that Philippe Gilbert tried to duck any kind of attention before that race. He could surprise us.

It's really good and interesting, that we don't have a team or a rider like Fabian/Tommeke super strong. It's really open right now.

Surprise. :D

Chapeau, Phill!
Saved the cobbled season for Belgians and made 4/5 in Monuments.
Congrats to Politt and the rest of the decisive breakaway.

I think I'll get myself a Chimay... and some domestic lager... to get tipsy later in the evening watching a rerun.

Fantastic race!

TRENDING THREADS