Paul Kimmage

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
The articles you link to don't seem to make the point you are attempting to, and I was answering Benotti and talking about Kimmage. On the Kimmage thread. I would have thought the Walsh thread would be ample platform for your hatchet job on Walsh.
This.

And there hasn't been a desired answer addressing the point made that Kimmage did more on Armstrong than Walsh.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Re:

gooner said:
JimmyFingers said:
The articles you link to don't seem to make the point you are attempting to, and I was answering Benotti and talking about Kimmage. On the Kimmage thread. I would have thought the Walsh thread would be ample platform for your hatchet job on Walsh.
This.

And there hasn't been a desired answer addressing the point made that Kimmage did more on Armstrong than Walsh.
I never posted that Kimmage did more than Walsh on Armstrong.

Walsh continued to go after Armstrong when Armstrong insulted his dead son. That was what made Walsh never give up fighting Armstrong.
 
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
The articles you link to don't seem to make the point you are attempting to, and I was answering Benotti and talking about Kimmage. On the Kimmage thread. I would have thought the Walsh thread would be ample platform for your hatchet job on Walsh.
Kimmage & Walsh were at one time joined at the hip. The fork in the road came with Sky/Froome/Wiggins.

Murdoch dispatched of Kimmage, pays Walsh to write books on Team Sky which he also owns.

Kimmage held his head high, Walsh not so much, he is a patsy.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re:

JimmyFingers said:
The articles you link to don't seem to make the point you are attempting to, and I was answering Benotti and talking about Kimmage. On the Kimmage thread. I would have thought the Walsh thread would be ample platform for your hatchet job on Walsh.
Walsh doesn't need a hand on the hatchet job he is doing on Sky and the revisionism he is promoting on The Program.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Re:

gooner said:
thehog said:
gooner said:
thehog said:
JimmyFingers said:
Sounds like you are making excuses for him now, just saying.
For Walsh? Not at all. He gets paid by Sky to write books, it's very straight forward.

Kimmage is not paid by Sky.
More distortion again.
I rest my case... :rolleyes:

In extracts from his new book, The Climb, serialised exclusively in The Sunday Times...
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/article1414785.ece

Walsh admitted that he "wouldn't have a clue about power wattage" and other metrics that have been used in analysing Froome's performance.
http://m.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/david-walsh-the-times-is-not-a-team-sky-mouthpiece-but-article-in-question-was-daft-31397211.html

Walsh has a serious monetary conflict of interest. He's not to be taken seriously.
You have no case.

None of the above say he was paid by Sky to write books.
You think Walsh wrote the SKy books for free? Really?

He has gone over to the darkside but for free? He at least got some low cost chinarello and some dirty bib shorts for his PR fluff books!
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
gooner said:
JimmyFingers said:
The articles you link to don't seem to make the point you are attempting to, and I was answering Benotti and talking about Kimmage. On the Kimmage thread. I would have thought the Walsh thread would be ample platform for your hatchet job on Walsh.
This.

And there hasn't been a desired answer addressing the point made that Kimmage did more on Armstrong than Walsh.
I never posted that Kimmage did more than Walsh on Armstrong.
That was directed at the hog.
 
Mar 25, 2013
3,762
0
0
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
You think Walsh wrote the SKy books for free? Really?

He has gone over to the darkside but for free? He at least got some low cost chinarello and some dirty bib shorts for his PR fluff books!
Of course he got money but then the response is to the accusation that Sky paid him to do the books.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Re:

gooner said:
Benotti69 said:
You think Walsh wrote the SKy books for free? Really?

He has gone over to the darkside but for free? He at least got some low cost chinarello and some dirty bib shorts for his PR fluff books!
Of course he got money but then the response is to the accusation that Sky paid him to do the books.
Well if Sky/Murdoch did not pay him who did?
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Re:

thehog said:
JimmyFingers said:
The articles you link to don't seem to make the point you are attempting to, and I was answering Benotti and talking about Kimmage. On the Kimmage thread. I would have thought the Walsh thread would be ample platform for your hatchet job on Walsh.
Kimmage & Walsh were at one time joined at the hip. The fork in the road came with Sky/Froome/Wiggins.

Murdoch dispatched of Kimmage, pays Walsh to write books on Team Sky which he also owns.

Kimmage held his head high, Walsh not so much, he is a patsy.
Walsh is joined at the hip to Sky/Murdoch till he retires....chaching!
 
Jul 11, 2013
2,656
0
0
This thread has been seriously derailed.

We have dealt with that for now.

I'll probably do a cleanup later, but meanwhile I suggest you all think twice before hitting the submit button.
 
Apr 20, 2012
4,238
0
0
Re:

Glenn_Wilson said:
I have been trying to follow this thread since the twitts in question were made by P. Kimmage. I'm no fan of FishHacks but if I follow this correct. ---- Paul twitted his love for a national team as a fan I would guess. Him being a fishhack against pro cycling PED's sorta sets himself up on a higher moral ground in my opinion which would probably get him some grief from the skytrainfans.

I have to admit I admire Kimmage and the work he does with respect to cycling. He has had people try and attack him from many different corners of the playing field.

Seems to me from reading the thread it is a typical skytrainfan vs the clinic. More of the usual.
Glenn for the win, the butthurt is strong the last fifteen pages or so.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
I dont read too many journalists admitting they are wrong in public arenas.

*** the hypocrisy ‏@Digger_forum 3h
I know Paul Kimmage feels Millar has a romantic notion of cycling which blinds him - I disagree - Millar knows full well what he's saying.

Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage 3h
@Digger_forum Yeah, I got that wrong, Karol.
Kimmage has done it plenty.
 
Sep 10, 2013
105
0
0
Re: Paul Kimmage - Hero

Benotti69 said:
Farcanal said:
thehog said:
Oh bejesus, the man's a saint, to be sure, to be sure
Where does the article say that? Where does Kimmage claim that?

I bet your Oirish accent has everyone belly laughing :rolleyes:
It doesn't. I was expressing my own personal opinion. You, the hitch and the hog are frequently telling me that the clinic is for expressing opinions and is not bound by facts.

I wouldn't go putting your money where your mouth is on the accent thing either
 
Re: Paul Kimmage - Hero

I have been frequently telling you that? And two other posters as well? Even though you only have 24 posts and my records show I only spoke to you once?

Must be a mistake there somewhere. Did you used to post her under a different account maybe?
 
Apr 23, 2015
53
0
0
We were just talking about him and Walsh on Sunday's ride. If ever there was a lesson in sticking to your guns and not selling out then PK is it. Just looking forward to the happy ending for him but I suspect everything he's been put through over the last couple of years is enough to take the shine off any proving right in the future.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Paul Kimmage - Hero

Farcanal said:
Benotti69 said:
Farcanal said:
thehog said:
Oh bejesus, the man's a saint, to be sure, to be sure
Where does the article say that? Where does Kimmage claim that?

I bet your Oirish accent has everyone belly laughing :rolleyes:
Farcanal said:
It doesn't. I was expressing my own personal opinion. You, the hitch and the hog are frequently telling me that the clinic is for expressing opinions and is not bound by facts.
Well expressed :rolleyes:

Farcanal said:
I wouldn't go putting your money where your mouth is on the accent thing either
I didn't hear anyone laughing did you?
 
Jul 21, 2012
6,664
0
0
Re: Paul Kimmage - Hero

The Hitch said:
I have been frequently telling you that? And two other posters as well? Even though you only have 24 posts and my records show I only spoke to you once?

Must be a mistake there somewhere. Did you used to post her under a different account maybe?
I'm sure he is a genuine poster just like wendybnt was.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Sep 11, 2010
796
0
0
Paul Kimmage is like a pub bore who insists on standing at the bar,talking about garrison teams. Like a Healy-Rae but without the flat cap. Cute hoor, one might say. That's a blessing not a curse in many places, says he.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re:

cocteau_ireland said:
Paul Kimmage is like a pub bore who insists on standing at the bar,talking about garrison teams. Like a Healy-Rae but without the flat cap. Cute hoor, one might say. That's a blessing not a curse in many places, says he.
Shooting the messenger says a lot.

If only Kimmage banged on about doping every week in his column then he might be a bore, but he doesn't and that tell us a lot about those who lambast him.

The Healey-Rae's are very far from the cute hoor gombeen rural flat cat type they like to portray, they portray that to get elected. They are much smarter than that and those that can see through it don't need to be a genius.
 
Oct 10, 2012
926
0
0
Does Kimmage even watch the tour these days? I know he was working at the Open Golf championship last week and I have yet to hear a single comment from him since the tour began. Has he just thrown in the towel, grinded down by years of castigation and blacklisting or is he just taking a sabbatical?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS