• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paul Kimmage

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Glenn_Wilson said:
I have been trying to follow this thread since the twitts in question were made by P. Kimmage. I'm no fan of FishHacks but if I follow this correct. ---- Paul twitted his love for a national team as a fan I would guess. Him being a fishhack against pro cycling PED's sorta sets himself up on a higher moral ground in my opinion which would probably get him some grief from the skytrainfans.

I have to admit I admire Kimmage and the work he does with respect to cycling. He has had people try and attack him from many different corners of the playing field.

Seems to me from reading the thread it is a typical skytrainfan vs the clinic. More of the usual.
Glenn for the win, the butthurt is strong the last fifteen pages or so.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I dont read too many journalists admitting they are wrong in public arenas.

*** the hypocrisy ‏@Digger_forum 3h
I know Paul Kimmage feels Millar has a romantic notion of cycling which blinds him - I disagree - Millar knows full well what he's saying.

Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage 3h
@Digger_forum Yeah, I got that wrong, Karol.

Kimmage has done it plenty.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Paul Kimmage - Hero

Benotti69 said:
Farcanal said:
thehog said:

Oh bejesus, the man's a saint, to be sure, to be sure

Where does the article say that? Where does Kimmage claim that?

I bet your Oirish accent has everyone belly laughing :rolleyes:

It doesn't. I was expressing my own personal opinion. You, the hitch and the hog are frequently telling me that the clinic is for expressing opinions and is not bound by facts.

I wouldn't go putting your money where your mouth is on the accent thing either

I have been frequently telling you that? And two other posters as well? Even though you only have 24 posts and my records show I only spoke to you once?

Must be a mistake there somewhere. Did you used to post her under a different account maybe?

We were just talking about him and Walsh on Sunday's ride. If ever there was a lesson in sticking to your guns and not selling out then PK is it. Just looking forward to the happy ending for him but I suspect everything he's been put through over the last couple of years is enough to take the shine off any proving right in the future.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Farcanal said:
Benotti69 said:
Farcanal said:
thehog said:

Oh bejesus, the man's a saint, to be sure, to be sure

Where does the article say that? Where does Kimmage claim that?

I bet your Oirish accent has everyone belly laughing :rolleyes:

Farcanal said:
It doesn't. I was expressing my own personal opinion. You, the hitch and the hog are frequently telling me that the clinic is for expressing opinions and is not bound by facts.

Well expressed :rolleyes:

Farcanal said:
I wouldn't go putting your money where your mouth is on the accent thing either

I didn't hear anyone laughing did you?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

The Hitch said:
I have been frequently telling you that? And two other posters as well? Even though you only have 24 posts and my records show I only spoke to you once?

Must be a mistake there somewhere. Did you used to post her under a different account maybe?

I'm sure he is a genuine poster just like wendybnt was.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

cocteau_ireland said:
Paul Kimmage is like a pub bore who insists on standing at the bar,talking about garrison teams. Like a Healy-Rae but without the flat cap. Cute hoor, one might say. That's a blessing not a curse in many places, says he.

Shooting the messenger says a lot.

If only Kimmage banged on about doping every week in his column then he might be a bore, but he doesn't and that tell us a lot about those who lambast him.

The Healey-Rae's are very far from the cute hoor gombeen rural flat cat type they like to portray, they portray that to get elected. They are much smarter than that and those that can see through it don't need to be a genius.

Does Kimmage even watch the tour these days? I know he was working at the Open Golf championship last week and I have yet to hear a single comment from him since the tour began. Has he just thrown in the towel, grinded down by years of castigation and blacklisting or is he just taking a sabbatical?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
Kimmage rejecting Lance's invite:
https://twitter.com/PaulKimmage/status/780903328188432384

In his second reaction he opens the door a bit:
https://twitter.com/PaulKimmage/status/780903762818981888

I agree with Paul's reactions. If they meet, it has to be on Paul's terms.

Still, I like where Lance is going. Last week he had a podcast with Ben Foster. I didn't listen to it, but fwiw I thought it was a sign of good character from Lance.

A friend sent me this as well. And maybe Kimmage's initial reaction is to be expected but here's a chance to get the answers straight from the horse's mouth. Because of pending legal issues, the interview might stink but you never know. Armstrong could finger a lot of guys. Including Indurain and Contador. Probably never happen but he should at least explore the idea.

Armstrong does his podcast so he's more open. I'm sure he's dying to say things. Doping was there before me. Doping was there after me.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

happytramp said:
Why? Because he let Foster sit there stroking his ego, telling him what an 'awesome bro' he is?
I don't know, I didn't hear it, and am not interested enough to listen to it.
So if you say the podcast sucked, I'm taking your word for it.
Still, from where I was sitting (in my mom's basement that is), it looked like a good bit of humour, or what the Germans call Selbstironie, from Lance to invite Ben.

WildspokeJoe said:
A friend sent me this as well. And maybe Kimmage's initial reaction is to be expected but here's a chance to get the answers straight from the horse's mouth. Because of pending legal issues, the interview might stink but you never know. Armstrong could finger a lot of guys. Including Indurain and Contador. Probably never happen but he should at least explore the idea.

Armstrong does his podcast so he's more open. I'm sure he's dying to say things. Doping was there before me. Doping was there after me.
agreed.

Indeed he still has too much to loose and too many (former) buddies relying on him (and maybe putting pressure on him) to stay quiet. So indeed it's unlikely at this stage that he'll spill the beans we want him to spill.
But it's nice to see him approaching Kimmage and seeing Kimmage not fully closing the door. It's like you say: we might as well hear him out.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The Landis interview was 10 hours (IIRC), Kimmage might need a week or 2 to get it all out of Armstrong and he aint going to speak while there is the QuiTam case still unresolved. So Kimmage aint going to talk to Armstrong unless no holds barred, imo.

Just Armstrong fishing, that is all.

sniper said:
happytramp said:
Why? Because he let Foster sit there stroking his ego, telling him what an 'awesome bro' he is?
I don't know, I didn't hear it, and am not interested enough to listen to it.
So if you say the podcast sucked, I'm taking your word for it.
Still, from where I was sitting (in my mom's basement that is), it looked like a good bit of humour, or what the Germans call Selbstironie, from Lance to invite Ben.

Ha, no didn't listen to it either. Just the clips Kimmage played during his interview the other day. Foster came across like a deluded Lance fanboy. I suppose I can't blame Lance for the fact that Foster seems like a bell-end.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:

Still, I like where Lance is going. Last week he had a podcast with Ben Foster. I didn't listen to it, but fwiw I thought it was a sign of good character from Lance.
Not sure I get why Lance getting paid to sit down with people and talk the same ol c**p is showing character. I was initially interested in going to Dublin talk until I saw the price of a ticket- €2000 front row to listen to a bulls**t artist. €800 back row seats----with a chance to mingle afterwards . Its a conference you would get in the door for free at otherwise so the man is just profiteering and proving that we are all just mugs and drugs win again. I couldn't pay to go see him talk.
The Kimmage angle is a pure stunt and even if it did happen it just gives him airtime. Kimmage should stay well away, everything Lance does has an angle to it, the man is trying to recreate himself and get back in the spotlight, he cant help it.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
you make some fair points and you're probably in a bttter position than me to judge this.

As for the conference: before judging that, we'd need to know what Lance's appearance fee is and how it compares to other speakers.

To be sure, a small reward and full travel expenses for the speakers would be fully normal.

Anyway, I wouldn't pay to get in there either. Ridiculous entrance fee.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

noddy69 said:
sniper said:

Not sure I get why Lance getting paid to sit down with people and talk the same ol c**p is showing character. I was initially interested in going to Dublin talk until I saw the price of a ticket- €2000 front row to listen to a bulls**t artist. €800 back row seats----with a chance to mingle afterwards . Its a conference you would get in the door for free at otherwise so the man is just profiteering and proving that we are all just mugs and drugs win again. I couldn't pay to go see him talk.
The Kimmage angle is a pure stunt and even if it did happen it just gives him airtime. Kimmage should stay well away, everything Lance does has an angle to it, the man is trying to recreate himself and get back in the spotlight, he cant help it.

I agree the Kimmage tweet was stunt to generate interest as ticket sales are probably low. Armstrong aint ready to talk the truth we all want to hear, not yet, and he wont compromise his QuiTam case just yet. If he loses that, he may talk as he may need to make some $$$ and that will mean throwing big names under the bus. Will they not buy his silence rather than risk Armstrong exposing them!

TRENDING THREADS