• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Paula Radcliffe to run london marathon in April

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
_61808558_radcliffe_epo2_640.jpg

Briant_Gumble said:
Ok, I know it's not strictly cycling related but Radcliffe has been a topic of interest recently.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/30814291

Not sure history suggests a comeback is the best way to get away with doping.

It won't be a comeback. It's a parade. Froma september 10k last year

Letsrun said:
5:45.8 &#8211]

(Edit, just read through that letsrun recap, and earlier that week Deena KAstor (41 yrs.) ran 69:36 half marathon, #2 US time for the year :rolleyes:)

Parker said:
The BBC will be insufferable. There's no-one they have fawned over more over the years.

Ah. But remember, in the last month every sports journalist in the UK has had sight of the list with the red sticker beside the name of a major British athlete !

Now if the fawning goes on as in the past; then we may need to re-evaluate who we think is on the list. If on the other hand they're a lot more circumspect about Paula achievements & records...

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
keeponrollin said:
Ah. But remember, in the last month every sports journalist in the UK has had sight of the list with the red sticker beside the name of a major British athlete !

Now if the fawning goes on as in the past; then we may need to re-evaluate who we think is on the list. If on the other hand they're a lot more circumspect about Paula achievements & records...

Can't see this making much of a difference to be honest.

blackcat said:
does she have a floyd landis in her corner?

zola budd? calling zola budd?

APB for Zola!

She is living /working in South Carolina.
Won the female masters at the Comrades Ultra marathon last year.

Her daughter is a pretty decent runner by all accounts. Must be college age by now. Maybe we will hear more from her in a few years.

keeponrollin said:

Yeah, the sports media doesn't work like that. The only thing sportswriters needs is a lack of official documentation. They will be rewarded with access to the sport's personalities for promoting the sport. The term 'virtuous circle' fits nicely.

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Journalists will have conditioned themselves to believe that any British athlete on a list like that must be on it in error. See the reaction to all the nandrolone positives in the late 1990s. Even Linford Christie gets a pass from most on the BBC; the only problem they have is with Dwain Chambers because he admitted what he'd done.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
lilac harry quinn said:
Journalists will have conditioned themselves to believe that any British athlete on a list like that must be on it in error. See the reaction to all the nandrolone positives in the late 1990s. Even Linford Christie gets a pass from most on the BBC; the only problem they have is with Dwain Chambers because he admitted what he'd done.
see: Steve Redgrave.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Dont get me started on British sports journo's - wankers

Though I'm thinking Paula is trying to emulate Jo Pavey after she became a World champ at 40 or so but its getting intolerable for anybody that follows athletics

sublimit said:
Dont get me started on British sports journo's - wankers

Though I'm thinking Paula is trying to emulate Jo Pavey after she became a World champ at 40 or so but its getting intolerable for anybody that follows athletics
I believe Jo's highest placing at a World Championship is
fourth, my friend, just prior to her turning 34.

She did become European Champion at 10,000m last year
not long before celebrating her 41st birthday, however her
best performance at 10,000m in 2014 places her 28th for
the year, about 1 1/2 minutes behind the fastest time.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
oldcrank said:
I believe Jo's highest placing at a World Championship is
fourth, my friend, just prior to her turning 34.

She did become European Champion at 10,000m last year
not long before celebrating her 41st birthday, however her
best performance at 10,000m in 2014 places her 28th for
the year, about 1 1/2 minutes behind the fastest time.

My friend, you are right. Thanks for being so observant.

TRENDING THREADS