• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Peloton faves & foes: Colours. Mast. Nail.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Favourites: All Dutch riders and Thomas de Gendt.

Foes: Pretty much any French rider and old Spanish dopers.

Rider I'd have gender reallignment surgery to have his children: TGBM.

Any team comments: I always do my best to hype the Legendary Giant team as a counterweight to all the irrational hate this team gets around here.

Favorites:

Contador: If he has legs can always be counted on to set a race alight!!!!
Nibali: Second only to Alberto in my affections. Attacker!!!! Will win a monument to go with his GTs some day.
Cancellara: King of the classics, great TTer and all around strong man.
Purito: Just love that little guy.
Valverde: Liked him since he was an up and comer.
PhilGil: Hasn't been the same lately but still a classics favorite :)

Just added on the list:
Aru
Majka

Foes: Sky

Rider I'd have gender reallignment surgery to have his children:
I'm female so no problem. Post menopausal so no kids, but Nibs could park his bike in my garage and spend the night :)

Any team comments: The only tour winner I've ever met and shook hands with was Bjarne Riis. So any team he is affiliated with.

Favourites: Well, I'm the only Anton supporter left although I'm not serious about it anymore (how can you with his performances). In general attacking riders and specifically pure climbers. Just riders that dare to take a risk once in a while.

Foes: The opposite of favourites: riders that never take risks. I don't mind sprinters in general though, but I dislike Kittel (especially since quitting this Giro with a bull**** reason). Also I dislike dopers but that's quite arbitrary as I neatly combine my hate for doping and defensive riding when hating on a rider. I also dislike whining riders like Hushovd.

Rider I'd have gender reallignment surgery to have his children: Quintana I guess, best chance of new supertalents. Not planning on this anytime soon though I must admit.

Any team comments: Teams that kill races for no obvious reasons should be banned.

Favourites: Alejandro Valverde (his wins are always emotional to me. In my opinion the rider whose riding is more beatiful. He is also very nice and kind. Shut the hate); Rui Costa.

In between: Wiggins; Froome; Gilbert.

Foes: All colombian riders but Urán; Alberto Contador; Damiano Cunego; Marcel Kittel; Joaquim Rodrigues; Nibali.

:)

Only Antón supporter left? You lie! I'm still a big fan too!

Like:
Almost all riders who fly the ikurrina or rode for Euskaltel, Stefano Pirazzi, Hernâni Brôco, Emma Pooley, Ángel Madrazo, Domenico Pozzovivo, Joaquim Rodríguez, André Cardoso, Rubén Plaza, Arkaitz Durán, Nairo Quintana, Valentina Scandolara, all riders who support Marina Romoli Onlus, Thibaut Pinot, Niels Albert, Tatiana Guderzo, Pauline Ferrand-Prévot, Sylvain Chavanel, Przemysłw Niemiec, Sérgio Sousa, Rob Peeters, Elisa Longo Borghini, Claudia Häusler, Zdeněk Štýbar, Tiago Machado, Fabian Wegmann, Egoitz Murgoitio, David Arroyo, Alexis Vuillermoz, Fabio Duarte, and many others too numerous to mention here. Oh, and though I wish I didn't (it would make things much easier), Alejandro Valverde.

Dislike:
Simon Gerrans, Peter Sagan, Chris Froome, Chris Horner, Davide Rebellin, Mick Rogers, Bradley Wiggins, Peter Sagan, Rui Sousa, people who win a lot often make me root against them hoping for things to be more interesting, Ganna Solovey, Mirsamad Pourseyedi, Mark Cavendish but not as much as a few years ago now competition is better, Peter Sagan, Óscar Sevilla, most sprinters except maybe Arnaud Demare and occasionally André Greipel and especially ones like Guardini who can't get over molehills, it's more about teams than individuals on the dislike front though. I dislike Giant-Shimano and their predecessors, they bring nothing to races and just try to take things to sprints, and I will never be able to not dislike somebody with Marcel Kittel's haircut. I dislike Sky, and I disliked High Road in their various incarnations of racing horror and misery. I'm not an Evans fan either, but I don't dislike him the way I did five years ago. And Peter Sagan.

Riders I miss: David Moncoutié, Xavier Tondó, Carlos Barredo, Óscar Freire, Juan Mauricio Soler, Daphny van den Brand, Ezequiel Mosquera

Riders I really don't miss: Cândido Barbosa, Levi Leipheimer, Lance & His Circus, Riccardo Riccò, João Cabreira, Danilo di Luca

It's actually scarily unrealistic the imbalance between my list of riders I like and riders I dislike, but the balance probably flips back the other way if you count the number of races they actually win.

kingjr said:
But travelled to Italy on the restday just for lulz.

He had to get out of Ireland anyway. It would be a bit stupid to say you're quitting because of illness before the restday even started after all (they travelled to Italy on the day of a stage he won).

And apologies to all 6 other Anton fans ;)

Vino attacks everyone said:
My mom cheers for Igor Anton. she is even going to name her next dog after him :p

What :D Awesome.

Libertine Seguros said:
Dislike:
Simon Gerrans, Peter Sagan, Chris Froome, Chris Horner, Davide Rebellin, Mick Rogers, Bradley Wiggins, Peter Sagan, Rui Sousa, people who win a lot often make me root against them hoping for things to be more interesting, Ganna Solovey, Mirsamad Pourseyedi, Mark Cavendish but not as much as a few years ago now competition is better, Peter Sagan, Óscar Sevilla, most sprinters except maybe Arnaud Demare and occasionally André Greipel and especially ones like Guardini who can't get over molehills, it's more about teams than individuals on the dislike front though. I dislike Giant-Shimano and their predecessors, they bring nothing to races and just try to take things to sprints, and I will never be able to not dislike somebody with Marcel Kittel's haircut. I dislike Sky, and I disliked High Road in their various incarnations of racing horror and misery. I'm not an Evans fan either, but I don't dislike him the way I did five years ago. And Peter Sagan.

Yep, you really hate him:D

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Like: Purito of course, attacking riders who don't give a **** about riding a useluss 10th place in GC, Riders who are able to profit from the tactics of dumber riders (Rebellin) and guys who really saying what their thinking (Horner, Hesjedal, Wiggins) and pure talents (Quintana)

Dislike: hyppocrite people (Cancellara), riders who still think their team leaders despite the fact they retired years ago (Cunego, Scarponi, Hushovd), riders who really starting to believe cycling needs them (Nibali), Peter Sagan (because of all the fuzz)

Arredondo said:
Dislike: hyppocrite people (Cancellara), riders who still think their team leaders despite the fact they retired years ago (Cunego, Scarponi, Hushovd), riders who really starting to believe cycling needs them (Nibali), Peter Sagan (because of all the fuzz)

Nice dislike list. :) Agree with it though I'd add the ones I mentioned on my post.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
BigMac said:
Nice dislike list. :) Agree with it though I'd add the ones I mentioned on my post.

I forgot Kittel too. I can understand your anger against most of your chosen riders. But putting Purito there must be a mistake;)

Without joking. I even can understand the irritation against him. He isn't the most adventurous rider, especially because i thinks he can do more with his capacities.

Arnout said:
He had to get out of Ireland anyway. It would be a bit stupid to say you're quitting because of illness before the restday even started after all (they travelled to Italy on the day of a stage he won).

And that's exactly why it's a bull**** idea to pull out cause of a fake illness on the first restday. It makes no sense. Seriously.

Arredondo said:
I forgot Kittel too. I can understand your anger against most of your chosen riders. But putting Purito there must be a mistake;)

Without joking. I even can understand the irritation against him. He isn't the most adventurous rider, especially because i thinks he can do more with his capacities.

:) The reason Purito is in the foe list is because Valverde is in the favourites'. No irritation against him whatsoever. :p

Arnout said:

And apologies to all 6 other Anton fans ;)

What :D Awesome.

Makes sense to drop out with a panflat, 112km, stage coming up. Yes, really does make sense.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Dislike:

Let me see if I've got this straight. Your saying...your Peter Sagan's biggest fan?