• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Peloton faves & foes: Colours. Mast. Nail.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Favs; Froome because the clinic hates him & I somehow like his more quite approach, Rolland "my" guy since this Giro, Hesjedal for his gutsy style (I completely changed my bad view on him), Gerdemann for being strong (not going the wrong road, even after one year unemployment and lack of results), DeGreef the Hero, to bad he got thrown away by Lotto, Roche, Kittel, Degenkolb, and then some more... Sagan OFC, because he did show the world the hypocrisy of the gendermainstream BS. They pack the podium girls in there for beauty reasons (good), the kiss the riders (because it makes some nice pics for the press and let the race organisation look in a bright light, or whatever reason). But when a rider has the guts to return kisses, he gets slaughtered by the Feminazis. Sagan do it again. You are one heck of a guy...

Everybody else in the middle (yes inclusive Evans :D)

Dislike; Horner, Horner, Horner... :mad:

The list is certainly incomplete, but good for starters. I am sure I forgot some more riders I like, and dislike. But Horner is in the hors category of his own. So I would say I hate him. When I see him or hear of him, it reminds me of the darkest time in the LA era...

Like: anyone who almost doesn't care if their attack sticks or not eg: Txurruka, Pirazzi, Machado, Flecha, Hansen, Madrazo etc - guys who just put their heads down and go anyway, forget common sense and tactics :D

Also a big fan of riders that stir the pot on the road like Rolland, Vino, LL Sanzhez, Hushovd (when he attacks, like 09 TdF), Voeckler and Mayo

Dislike: Boring, defensive riders

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
'Favorites':

* Andre Greipel
* Leopold Konig
* Jice Peraud
* Tyler Farrar
* Greg van Avermaet
* Damien Gaudin
* Mikel Nieve Iturralde
* Alejandro Valverde Belmonte [love it how he always gets second or third, plus he is a reknown dog - lover]
* Laurens ten Dam
* Thibaut Pinot
* Janez Brajkovic
* Diego Ulissi

Dislike:
* Nikki Terpstra
* Yaroslav Popovych
* Tom Danielson
* Vasil Kiryienka

Part of what I like about cycling is that it is not predicated upon polemic support.

Who I am cheering for in the last kms of any given race/stage is likely to be determined by what has already happened on that day (or CQ game picks). But more often that having emotional investment in the winner, I have interest in the winner and placings for what it says about season/stage race progression.

But that being said, I remain irrationally (but I hope not disproportionately) in favour of Irish riders, those who had been on my long-term Caisse d'Epargne PCM game (before my computer got nicked), and those with an interesting back story, and even those who seem irrationally disliked by many.

Equally, I don't believe that there is any rider to whom I will definitely begrudge a victory, but there are a few who seem to act arrogantly that will make me more likely to support their rivals on the day. Sagan, Wiggins and Bouhanni would be the main culprits in this regard.

I guess I like Phinney, Nibali and Madrazo the most.

I dislike most riders, and especially those who get too much of a fanboy following. I'm aware that dislike is misplaced and should be reserved entirely to their fans, but fans do spoil things.

I intensely dislike most Spanish stars (because they're idiots), but also Rui Costa, Froome (I have this weird appreciation for Wiggins though) and nearly all balding riders. And for the longest time I liked Sagan and tried to look past his behaviour but I just can't do that anymore.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Dislike: ...riders who still think their team leaders despite the fact they retired years ago (Cunego, Scarponi, Hushovd)

Friends: Stannard, Kiri, Knees, Eisel, Burghardt, Cummings, Tony Martin (riders who love riding on the front). Geraint Thomas. Hepburn. Rodriguez. Uran. Malori. Yates brothers. Aru (keeps CN forums best poster VAE happy).

Likes: The rest of Team Sky (irrational, nationalistic, football style way of picking riders to support, well aware of their failings and 'irregularities'), Cavendish (got me into cycling but can be a bit of a hothead).

Dislikes: Nibali and Contador (like their attacking style but could never warm to them), Froome, Wiggins, Kittel, Cancellara (arrogance). Horner. Evans, Basso, Scarponi, Hushovd (retire please). Goss (needs to give up his solo ambitions). Those who intentionally benefit from others expense (it may be pro-cycling but the best should win without trampling on others).

Babies: Laura Trott as mitochondria comes from the mother (cheers DW) and mine are far from pro-level.

I like cyclists from France and eastern Europe, mostly, and generaly versatile riders who can do more than one thing well.

I dislike time triallers and I dislike Australian and British cyclists indiscriminately. This gets even worse if I'm bored enough to read CN news stories of course. No, McCarthy did not earn his place in the Giro because of hard work, he is there because Troussov could not get visa for the start. No, Sutherland is not capable of being with the first thirty in TDF mountain stages. No, Tanner is not interesting at all. And I don't want to read about Rafal Majka filtered through what Michael Rogers thinks. Tiernan-Locke, urgh. Etcetera.

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Favs; Froome because the clinic hates him & I somehow like his more quite approach, Rolland "my" guy since this Giro, Hesjedal for his gutsy style (I completely changed my bad view on him), Gerdemann for being strong (not going the wrong road, even after one year unemployment and lack of results), DeGreef the Hero, to bad he got thrown away by Lotto, Roche, Kittel, Degenkolb, and then some more... Sagan OFC, because he did show the world the hypocrisy of the gendermainstream BS. They pack the podium girls in there for beauty reasons (good), the kiss the riders (because it makes some nice pics for the press and let the race organisation look in a bright light, or whatever reason). But when a rider has the guts to return kisses, he gets slaughtered by the Feminazis. Sagan do it again. You are one heck of a guy...

Everybody else in the middle (yes inclusive Evans :D)

Dislike; Horner, Horner, Horner... :mad:

The list is certainly incomplete, but good for starters. I am sure I forgot some more riders I like, and dislike. But Horner is in the hors category of his own. So I would say I hate him. When I see him or hear of him, it reminds me of the darkest time in the LA era...
Ya Froome real quiet so is his girlfriend !

hrotha said:

I dislike most riders, and especially those who get too much of a fanboy following. I'm aware that dislike is misplaced and should be reserved entirely to their fans, but fans do spoil things.

I intensely dislike most Spanish stars (because they're idiots), but also Rui Costa, Froome (I have this weird appreciation for Wiggins though) and nearly all balding riders. And for the longest time I liked Sagan and tried to look past his behaviour but I just can't do that anymore.

The bald riders is some anti bald discrimination or just a coincidence that riders you don't like are often bald?

hrotha said:

They love you too.

web1_cycling_web1.jpg

Seriously now, how can you dislike RC? His persona or riding style?

Favorites : not really, appreciate most of the peloton...

Foes : TeamSky, British Dope-cycling programme in Manchester, British cyclists as general, Team Sky, Wiggins, Wiggins, everybody in TeamSky, Froome, Froome, TeamSky, Uran, yeah and all the now-retired Lance-lackeys (Hincapie, Levi etc.) Special blacklist-spot for Popo.

Teams : Euskaltel was a long-time favorite. Not similar currently, but like Gianni Savio-teams...

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Favourites: Anyone that shows gut, doesn't have to be an attacker but helps.
Contador is who i'll be cheering in july. Don't go out of my way to have favourite otherwise.
Always enjoy a bit of valverde self sabotage as well.

Foes: Anyone that is holier than thou or comes across as smug/arrogant, unless they are so over the top arrogant that it becomes hilarious.
Froome is who i'll be hoping gets crushed in july

Rider I'd have gender reallignment surgery to have his children: ... well ...

Any team comments: Dislike Sky but not necessarily their riders (with 1/2 exceptions). Just don't like the set-up or the ppl in charge.

Its always nice to see french teams and riders do well at the tour (likewise italians at the giro, vuelta... well only spaniards ride it anyway).

I guess i like garmin, they are like an acceptable version of sky.

No general loves, despite my username, but I like riders who do what they do well. That includes Boonen, Contador, Froome, Wiggins, Nibali, Rodriguez, Cancellara, Cavendish, Kittel, Quintana, basically I like to see good bike racing and I like to see a clash of styles and see who will come out on top.

Of course, I'd prefer to watch the Enduro and Downhill guys :D

I'm apathetic towards Sagan, but that's mainly because I don't think he's as good as he's been made out to be but that's hardly is fault. He also seems like a bit of an idiot.

As for teams, I don't think I really like or dislike any of them, I'm more interested in the individuals.

I also detach the darker elements of cycling from the racing when I'm watching.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Like: Costa, Purito, Nibali, Poels, Pinot, Riblon, Rabottini, Cav, Intxausti, Barta, Kreuziger, Sagan, König and any Czech or Slovakian generally as they are so few there, except for Peter Velits I suppose.

Dislike: Andy Schleck. Betancur and Froome seem really cocky. Most of past dopers, some of them more - Vinokurev, Di Luca. Movistar with some exceptions, I really wish Quintana was in another team.

TRENDING THREADS