• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Penn St., Sandusky and Joe Paterno

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
The inference of accepting a diverse student body by promoting gay attendance somehow being linked to the pedophilia and allegations thereof is just plain wrong. The two are not related in healthy people that may be homosexual.

I did not mean to insinuate promoting or being homosexual is linked to pedophilia. I apologize.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Steve H. said:
I did not mean to insinuate promoting or being homosexual is linked to pedophilia. I apologize.

Thank you. I appreciate your post.

Sadly, in many people's minds there is the conflation between homosexuality and pedophilia. There is no connection between the two.

Cobblestones said:
Thank you. I appreciate your post.

Sadly, in many people's minds there is the conflation between homosexuality and pedophilia. There is no connection between the two.

There is, however, a rather perverse irony in this: and that is in repressive instutions like the Catholic Church and, perhaps, among a certain class of macho sport like college and professional football, where there is also an anti-homosexual culture, adult homosexuals like priests and coaches have unleash their sexual frustrasions on children.

Not being allowed to explore their sexuality with their piers, because they don't even accept being gay - and to the point at which they too are homophobes - turn toward innocent minors who in manyways they can exercise power over, pricesly owing to the trust that society has traditionally given these instutions.

Pedophilia seems most frequent among those who have grown up in repressive environments, and thus have remained in many ways "childlike" about their own sexual orientation. In this sense it isn't the homsexuality at cause, but a kind of partly instilled, partly self-inflicted mental and emotional sickness.

rhubroma said:
There is, however, a rather perverse irony in this: and that is in repressive instutions like the Catholic Church and, perhaps, among a certain class of macho sport like college and professional football, where there is also an anti-homosexual culture, adult homosexuals like priests and coaches have unleash their sexual frustrasions on children.

Not being allowed to explore their sexuality with their piers, because they don't even accept being gay - and to the point at which they too are homophobes - turn toward innocent minors who in many they can exercise power over, pricesly owing to the trust that society has traditionally given these instutions.

Pedophilia seems most frequent among those who have grown up in repressive environments, and thus have remained in many ways "childlike" about their own sexual orientation. In this sense it isn't the homsexuality at cause, but a kind of partly instilled, partly self-cultivated mental and emotional sickness.

Bad parenting, an awful lot of the time.

I don't buy the homosexual dynamic. It doesn't explain the heterosexual or bisexual pedophiles adequately enough.

It's much more than releasing sexual frustrations. It is anger and compulsiveness and a whole lot of other things, too.

MarkvW said:
Bad parenting, an awful lot of the time.

I don't buy the homosexual dynamic. It doesn't explain the heterosexual or bisexual pedophiles adequately enough.

It's much more than releasing sexual frustrations. It is anger and compulsiveness and a whole lot of other things, too.

Well I wasn't considering heterosexual pedophilia, because, in this case, we are dealing with homosexual pedophilia.

In either case, not so much as bad parenting, its bad socializing in the sense of so called morality and intollerance producing monsters.

Here is a list of the Penn State Board of Trustees.

If I were a Penn State alum, faculty, or student, I would demand to know from them who they hired, who they interacted with in the Penn State football program over the last 15 years. I want to know what their relations were with Graham Spanier, Paterno, Tim Curley, Gary Schultz, plus Tom Bradley and Mike McQueary. Plus the police, both campus and local. Plus the prosecutors back in 1998. Did any of them have any interaction with any of these people regarding this case? Did any of them hear about it? I would demand to know what provisions they put in place and what instructions and oversight they gave to Spainer, Curley in specific but also the others, regarding on prevention abuse.

Why? Because if we're going to look at this and rightfully state that those below them should have known, I want to know why the board of trustees hired these people who "should have known". I also want to know why a situation that allowed fairly easy access by Sandusky to abuse children in the worst way was allowed to happen on their watch for so very long.

As I stated before, this is akin to the senior officers at Abu Ghraib, or My Lai saying that because they were nowhere near what happened, and it was done by grunts, that it's not their fault. That was an inexcusable defense then, and it is now. Actually, this is worse. That was war and soldiers suffering from traumatic stress. No one along this path can make that claim. Which is why I believe the heat should be put on the Trustees as well, and very likely they should all resign, or be forced to resign.

Here’s a new scandal or alleged scandal, this one involving an assistant BB coach at Syracuse. Expect more stories like this to emerge in the coming weeks and months:

Davis said he met Fine as a fifth-grader, selling candy bars at Fine’s house. He said Fine then made him a ball boy, introduced him to players, got him good seats for games and took him on trips with the team. Eventually, Davis alleged, Fine became sexual with him. Davis alleges that Fine’s abuse happened at the Syracuse basketball facility, at the coach’s home and on Orange road trips.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...pf-forde_syracuse_allegations_chilling_111711

So far it's only one individual claiming to be a victim, and he said the abuse went on till he was 27. No charges have been filed yet.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
vxhnz01.gif

Jesus C, it keeps getting worse:

http://www.thepostgame.com/features...gainst-former-penn-state-assistant-jerry-sand

Jerry Sandusky's attorney says one of two new cases of alleged sexual abuse under investigation by Children and Youth Services in Pennsylvania was made by someone in Sandusky's family.

He and his wife have no kids of their own, but it turns out they have adopted half a dozen or so. Another source of young flesh for Jerry it seems. How on earth would his wife have no clue about this? Has she been covering up for him, too?

This is apparently the first accuser to come forward while still underage.

Don't know if this was mentioned here before, but his lawyer has real-life experience in underage sex cases. When he was 49, he got a 17 year old girl pregnant. These two are going to be a real show in court.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Merckx index said:
. How on earth would his wife have no clue about this? Has she been covering up for him, too?

This is apparently the first accuser to come forward while still underage.

NEWSER) – We already knew that one of the latest alleged victims claiming sex abuse by Jerry Sandusky was a relative; now, Fox News reports the alleged victim is Sandusky's grandson. The boy’s mother, the wife of one of Sandusky’s adopted sons, filed the complaint. According to The Stir, the boy is five years old; the other most recent alleged victim is also under 18. Says Sandusky’s attorney, “The allegations are ridiculous and unfounded. Jerry has absolutely denied any inappropriate contact with his grandkids.”

I just don't know what to say.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It certainly doesn't look promising for the "real" truth to come out anytime soon.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/penn_state_wins_a_round_in_its.html#incart_mce

Louis Freeh is heading PSU's own investigation

RE: Horror! Children pimped out to rich donors at Penn State?
Louis Freeh, who headed the FBI for eight years until 2001, spent the next five years as vice chairman at MBNA Corp., where his titles included general counsel. Penn State's announcement notes his earlier FBI service, and his previous, short stint as a federal judge, but does not mention his years spent working for MBNA. A Penn State spokeswoman referred questions to the board's special committee for the investigation.

UPDATE: “Judge Freeh has no previous personal connection to Penn State University," says Jeremy Fielding of Kekst & Co., the New York public relations company hired by the board and its special committee examining the scandal. "Prior to its acquisition by Bank of America in 2006, MBNA entered into many commercial agreements with third parties. In his role as General Counsel of MBNA, Judge Freeh had no role in negotiating the company’s agreement with Penn State University which was entered into many years before Judge Freeh joined MBNA. The investigation will be completely independent.”

EARLIER: Freeh left the credit card company in 2006 as it was acquired by Bank of America Corp., and cashed out stock options worth over $20 million, not counting his annual compensation, according to an MBNA document filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Freeh also served on the board of Fannie Mae before it was taken over by the federal government due to its insolvency in 2008, and on the board of Wilmington Trust Corp. until it was sold in 2010 after its share price collapsed due to bad real estate development loans in Delaware. Freeh currently serves as a member of the audit committee of Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., the drugmaker.

MBNA became the largest independent credit card issuer by landing college alumni and other group members as customers through lucrative arrangements that included giving the company access to alumni and student addresses and using college letterheads and mascots in marketing campaigns. Penn State, along with the National Football League and the National Education Association, was one of MBNA's biggest sources of profitable credit card debtors, company executives said at the time. Freeh didn't immediately return a call left at his Wilmington office.

Freeh is not the only former MBNA official with an important role at an institution trying to cope with the scandal.

One of his former superiors at MBNA, Ric Struthers, is the most prominent national business figure on the board of the Second Mile Foundation, the charity started and formerly run by coach Sandusky. (Fielding notes Freeh knew Struthers, but didn't report to him; he reported to MBNA's top boss, who at the time was company founder Charles Cawley. Struthers held the top job after Cawley's retirement. Freeh's duties at MBNA included lobbying Congress to make it harder for bankrupt consumers to write off their unpaid credit card bills, and marketing credit cards to police and other law enforcement groups.)

Struthers, a 1977 Penn State graduate, played a key role in managing the business relationship between the Penn State Alumni Association and MBNA. The bank paid the alumni more than $30 million for its mailing lists and other marketing aid in its credit card solicitation campaigns from 1994-2010, as I reported in this space last year after the university was forced to disclose the payments by a change in federal law.

Struthers collected more than $10 million a year in stock and cash pay from MBNA in the bank's final years; he donated $2 million to the bank's 2002-05 capital campaign. He held a series of executive jobs at MBNA and ran it with other operations as chief executive officer of the nation's largest credit card operation, after its purchase by Bank of America, until his job was eliminated last year.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-p...-ties.html

Mike McQueary stated today that he reported this in 2002.

"Mike McQueary, speaking for the first time in public about the 2002 encounter in a Penn State locker room, said he believes that Sandusky was attacking the child with his hands around the boy's waist."

But this is only in a case against Curly and Shultze, as the board tries to deflect full blame to them, and protect themselves and the institution, while at the same time refusing to release reports from the initial 1998 investigation to other investigators or for judicial review. Steve H's link on Louis Freeh just adds to that, and the perception that this is a huge cash cow and life of privilege for some, and why I stated before, and will emphatically repeat, that the majority of board of trustees themselves should resign.

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Mike McQueary stated today that he reported this in 2002.

"Mike McQueary, speaking for the first time in public about the 2002 encounter in a Penn State locker room, said he believes that Sandusky was attacking the child with his hands around the boy's waist."

But this is only in a case against Curly and Shultze, as the board tries to deflect full blame to them, and protect themselves and the institution, while at the same time refusing to release reports from the initial 1998 investigation to other investigators or for judicial review. .

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156985&page=16
This is a link to testimony given in the Curly and Shultz prelim last friday. These were live tweets and responses from interested people. Certainly more revealing than the GJ testimony regarding Paterno, Curley and Shultz.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=263781050338532&set=o.146639637752&type=1&theater

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
the perception that this is a huge cash cow and life of privilege for some, and why I stated before, and will emphatically repeat, that the majority of board of trustees themselves should resign.

Indeed, a HUGE cash cow:
http://deadspin.com/5865111/joe-pat...-was-caught-allegedly-sodomizing-boy?autoplay
http://www.ydr.com/psu/ci_19418202
http://deadspin.com/5860034/past-an...-or-families-gave-64148121-to-gov-tom-corbett
This demonstrates the link with the Hershey Trust from Wikipedia

"In 1950 Penn State hired Milton Eisenhower, who was the President of Kansas State University, to be its President, and he served for six years. In 1953, the school's name changed to The Pennsylvania State University. Eisenhower's older brother delivered the Commencement address in June 1955.[3] In 1955, Penn State dedicated its nuclear reactor, the second in the nation to be operated on a college campus.[4] Under Eisenhower's successor, Dr. Eric A. Walker, the university developed rapidly. Under his leadership, which lasted from 1956–1970, the university added hundreds of acres of surrounding land, and nearly tripled enrollment to 40,000.
In 1963, the Hershey Trust offered Penn State $50 million gift to establish a new a Hershey Medical Center, a college of medicine and hospital in Hershey, Pennsylvania.[5] Penn State's College of Medicine opened its doors to its first class of students in 1967, and Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center accepted the first patients in 1970.[6]"
This is some info as to how the Hershey Trust operateshttp://www.philly.com/philly/bu ... Trust.html
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/20110224_Hershey_dinner_in_question.html?page=2&c=y