Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 227 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
True. Alaphilippe's 2022 was not too good, either. And maybe Cavendish would have had a better 2017 if he had been world champion, who knows?
Yes 2022 was bad but still better than Cav’s 2017 season. And maybe it would have, but he’d still have the chronic fatigue due to his 2016 season objectives and fight with mono. Maybe the Tour goes a little better for him but who knows.

Those top speed men al la Cavendish et al in a field sprint on the Champs Ellisse.
I think it’s wrong to look at Champs Elysees as the ultimate sprint test. First of all because normally (almost?) half the sprinters have abandoned the Tour before they entering Paris, and then also because most (sprint) teams have lost quite a few riders that normally would be involved in the lead out.

Also the old finish of Champs was a sprint where the position was more or less the main deciding factor and not the speed, when the finish line was so much closer to the last corner.

I think it’s wrong to look at Champs Elysees as the ultimate sprint test. First of all because normally (almost?) half the sprinters have abandoned the Tour before they entering Paris, and then also because most (sprint) teams have lost quite a few riders that normally would be involved in the lead out.

Also the old finish of Champs was a sprint where the position was more or less the main deciding factor and not the speed, when the finish line was so much closer to the last corner.
Yea, but I meant the sprint that every sprinter wants to win. But it isn't true that half the sprinters always drop out before reaching Paris. In any case, Cavendish, who won four sprints mind you, was there.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS