Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

saganftw said:
you cant keep top form from milan-san remo to LBL and then be ready for tour in time - sacrifices would have to be made,either starting later and practicaly stop caring about milan san remo (which i wouldnt mind since MSR is a wank race anyway) or being in solid form for two months hoping for a good result and then burnout for tour

i could see something like ronde to LBL with no california to tour,or maybe even MSR to Amstel for a start - no doubt with they way the ardennes are being ridden lately he would have a solid chance in all of them except Fleche Wallone

the obstacles are more with sponsors than actual willingness to ride ardennes,he cant ditch tour of california and tour,he is just too big of a box office for bike manufacturers to be absent there
agreed

EDIT: He also stated that he will be at the start in Teplice XCO (CZE) next weekend despite the crash in Graz. There should also start all top 3 UCI XCO Slovak riders (Lami M., Lami. F., Haring M.) - will be interesting comparison :p
 
Re: Re:

glassmoon said:
btw: Sagan DNF in Graz. He was 5th after the 5 laps about 1min behind podium.
- aparently he crashed out of the race...
Maybe he just forgot that in MTB there are no team cars behind him to simply give him spare bike after the crash and off he goes again :) Hopefully will be more careful next time
 
Apr 3, 2011
2,301
0
0
Re: Re:

PeterB said:
glassmoon said:
btw: Sagan DNF in Graz. He was 5th after the 5 laps about 1min behind podium.
- aparently he crashed out of the race...
Maybe he just forgot that in MTB there are no team cars behind him to simply give him spare bike after the crash and off he goes again :) Hopefully will be more careful next time
on the other hand, also no motards to knock you off in the final kilometers from the winning break
 
Re: Re:

glassmoon said:
Lance Armstrong said:
Sagan 2nd race, today, start at 15:30 CET.

Live timing should be here: http://sportsoft.cz/en/race/results/1796?rid=2061&eventid=10
too bad the Slovaks top 3 aren't starting. would be interesting comparison :(
Yep. There is a czech rider Jan Skarnitzl though, who is imho even better. I doubt Sagan can beat him, but he should be in the mix for 2nd place. He just need to start slower. He stormed first lap in Graz and then faded away.
 
Re: Re:

Lance Armstrong said:
glassmoon said:
Lance Armstrong said:
Sagan 2nd race, today, start at 15:30 CET.

Live timing should be here: http://sportsoft.cz/en/race/results/1796?rid=2061&eventid=10
too bad the Slovaks top 3 aren't starting. would be interesting comparison :(
Yep. There is a czech rider Jan Skarnitzl though, who is imho even better. I doubt Sagan can beat him, but he should be in the mix for 2nd place. He just need to start slower. He stormed first lap in Graz and then faded away.
the reason i wanted him to race against other Slovaks is his (rumored) potential Rio nomination.
 
Re: Re:

glassmoon said:
the reason i wanted him to race against other Slovaks is his (rumored) potential Rio nomination.
From what I heard about the Graz race I think it's a bulls*hit. He would have to change his practice dramatically and drop at least 5kg to have a shot at Top 10 in OG.

Anyway, Sagan & Skarnitzl lead after 2 laps. Skarnitzl is supposed to start at Olympics since Czechs can nominate 3 riders (Kulhavy, Cink and most probably Skarnitzl).
 
Re: Re:

Lance Armstrong said:
glassmoon said:
the reason i wanted him to race against other Slovaks is his (rumored) potential Rio nomination.
From what I heard about the Graz race I think it's a bulls*hit. He would have to change his practice dramatically and drop at least 5kg to have a shot at Top 10 in OG.

Anyway, Sagan & Skarnitzl lead after 2 laps. Skarnitzl is supposed to start at Olympics since Czechs can nominate 3 riders (Kulhavy, Cink and most probably Skarnitzl).
yeah. i guess. still it'll will be great marketing campaign for Sagan, Olympics XCO, MTB and Speciallized though. the best Slovak isn't capable of the any relevant result either, so why not just go with PS and make some BUZZ.
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Re:

glassmoon said:
4th place
30s behind podium
1m10s behind winner Skarnitzl
Apparently, he was leading the race, then decided to ease up the pace and follow from second place. At that moment, he had a flat tire and got dropped to 6th. He was fighting back but could not manage better than 4th.
 
Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
glassmoon said:
4th place
30s behind podium
1m10s behind winner Skarnitzl
Apparently, he was leading the race, then decided to ease up the pace and follow from second place. At that moment, he had a flat tire and got dropped to 6th. He was fighting back but could not manage better than 4th.
well that explains that sudden worse lap-time he got. shame, he could've easily finished on the podium.
 
Aug 28, 2015
633
0
0
Well, I would love to see Froome competening in this :p
I don't think that a road racer must have mtb skills - just for fun. he would have a good chance with his elbows everywhere.
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Re:

Jakub said:
Well, I would love to see Froome competening in this :p
I don't think that a road racer must have mtb skills - just for fun. he would have a good chance with his elbows everywhere.
Froome would not get far staring at his stem the whole time :D
 
Apr 7, 2016
310
0
0
Re:

Jakub said:
Well, I would love to see Froome competening in this :p
I don't think that a road racer must have mtb skills - just for fun. he would have a good chance with his elbows everywhere.
Aw yiss...

 

ASK THE COMMUNITY