• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
I fear sagan will sacrifice himself for contador and at the end AC wont win anyway.

Once it is clear that Bert cant win this Tour, Sagan will get more freedom ... so we have to wait until the first few Mt stages

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, yellow jersey is a priority in TS and Sagan must play along. What I wrote was just a little joke, Ive got all the respect for AC and his abilities.
And TBH I think Peter Sagan is still most likely to be in green in Champs Elysees.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Rachela said:
There are three brakes on Sagan's bicycle. The front one, the rear one and Alberto Contador.

Well put, but Contador also seems to have removed a mental brake by relieving Sagan of the pressure to perform. It seemed like the pressure was getting to Sagan and he seems freer and more confident now than he has been in a long time. The same was true at the TdC, though for a different reason (it's a D level race no one gives a *** about, hence no pressure)

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Get real, guys. Sagan is never going to win anything bigger than the Tour of California, Eneco or similar. He can't climb. On the one mountain stage in the Swiss Tour he lost >23 minutes to Pinot. Contador won nine Grand Tours, third best in the history of cycling, and is amongst the top-5 fastest ascends on the Angliru and Zoncolan. Why on earth should Sagan risk losing the abilities he's got?

Re:

Ludwig's Olaf said:
Get real, guys. Sagan is never going to win anything bigger than the Tour of California, Eneco or similar. He can't climb. On the one mountain stage in the Swiss Tour he lost >23 minutes to Pinot. Contador won nine Grand Tours, third best in the history of cycling, and is amongst the top-5 fastest ascends on the Angliru and Zoncolan. Why on earth should Sagan risk losing the abilities he's got?
Dafuq are you talking about? Nobody talks about Sagan as a potential gt winner, only about the fact that he was a better climber in 2012 because he would have been better on easy uphill finishes like today, back then.

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Some of you guys don´t realize that once he lost his wheel it was over. He could either wait and get second or close it down and get outsprinted. Probably another tour without a victory.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
He didn't really mess up. Everybody rides against him.

I think he should have sprinted to stybar's wheel, if he waits he loses for sure. Of course if his objective is green then smart decision but i'm sure he wasnt thinking of that

Re:

Z3lvet said:
Some of you guys don´t realize that once he lost his wheel it was over. He could either wait and get second or close it down and get outsprinted. Probably another tour without a victory.

damned if he goes after stybar,damned if he doesnt...i wonder who will be the director sportif genius who will sign one guy who will be able to keep the group together up untill 300m to go on uphill finishes

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
BigMac said:
He didn't really mess up. Everybody rides against him.

I think he should have sprinted to stybar's wheel, if he waits he loses for sure. Of course if his objective is green then smart decision but i'm sure he wasnt thinking of that

I wrote it in the stage thread, but don't you think that had he tried to go with Stybar, as everybody had their eyes on him, they would follow, only to someone else attack, and Sagan being expected to chase yet again? I think as it is now he really needs to make a stand and say 'No!', you should not expect me to chase on every single race while you stay on my wheel. It's getting ridiculous. Perhaps then things will change.

Re: Re:

Pantani Attacks said:
Billie said:
if you have majka, kreuziger, bennati in the team is it really too much to ask of one of them to help him in this final km. Easy win if they do.

You clearly must have thrown a blind eye to the crash

He was already alone with 5 kms to go.

He works his ass off on the pave stage cause without him Contodar loses time to both Froome and Nibali but none of his teammate do anything back.

TRENDING THREADS