• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 69 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

pedromiguelmartins said:
What? Are we talking with childs or what?

The fact of the matter is that LS has some weird irrational things going on, and it is disgusting, actually. It's called stupidity. Just read the post that was linked to Sagan's win at the WC.

Sagan is a tremendous, fantastic rider that brings a lot to the spectacle. Any time he was disrespectful or behaved poorly he had to eat and digest a lot of hate and scrutiny for that. He payed for that.

Now, no one has to "like" him, even if there's nothing rational behind liking cycling and "not liking" Peter. He is the best that cycling has to offer and represents it very well.

However, DISLIKING the guy and agreeing/defending someone that said "**** him, **** the worlds and **** everyone that likes him and this sport" just says anything that needs to be said about you.
Do you not realise that over the course of the last couple of weeks, you've called SeriousSam "a loser" just for saying they were disappointed that Sagan won (not even a massive outburst like mine at the Worlds referenced above, which I can understand provoking a reaction), you've described me as "disgusting" and stated that not liking Sagan is "stupidity", and left in the quoted post no doubt that you direct the same accusations at hrotha, who for years has been one of the most balanced and objective posters on the board, simply for agreeing with somebody who pointed out that relentlessly poking somebody on a subject they're volatile on might provoke a reaction. You also described a hypothetical scenario where Zdeněk Štybar won a race as making you vomit. Do you not think that might be just a tiny bit hypocritical?

ABRider - this is the Peter Sagan discussion thread. If holding a negative opinion of Sagan is not allowed, get it changed to the Peter Sagan appreciation thread or the Peter Sagan love-in thread and I'm sure you can throw all the sarcastic barbs you like at me in there. If it is, I hope you're equally keen to purge all negative content from the Valverde, Contador, Froome, Cavendish, Wiggins and Gerrans related threads too.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Libertine Seguros said:
pedromiguelmartins said:

The fact of the matter is that LS has some weird irrational things going on, and it is disgusting, actually. It's called stupidity. Just read the post that was linked to Sagan's win at the WC.

Sagan is a tremendous, fantastic rider that brings a lot to the spectacle. Any time he was disrespectful or behaved poorly he had to eat and digest a lot of hate and scrutiny for that. He payed for that.

Now, no one has to "like" him, even if there's nothing rational behind liking cycling and "not liking" Peter. He is the best that cycling has to offer and represents it very well.

However, DISLIKING the guy and agreeing/defending someone that said "**** him, **** the worlds and **** everyone that likes him and this sport" just says anything that needs to be said about you.
Do you not realise that over the course of the last couple of weeks, you've called SeriousSam "a loser" just for saying they were disappointed that Sagan won (not even a massive outburst like mine at the Worlds referenced above, which I can understand provoking a reaction), you've described me as "disgusting" and stated that not liking Sagan is "stupidity", and left in the quoted post no doubt that you direct the same accusations at hrotha, who for years has been one of the most balanced and objective posters on the board, simply for agreeing with somebody who pointed out that relentlessly poking somebody on a subject they're volatile on might provoke a reaction. You also described a hypothetical scenario where Zdeněk Štybar won a race as making you vomit. Do you not think that might be just a tiny bit hypocritical?

ABRider - this is the Peter Sagan discussion thread. If holding a negative opinion of Sagan is not allowed, get it changed to the Peter Sagan appreciation thread or the Peter Sagan love-in thread and I'm sure you can throw all the sarcastic barbs you like at me in there. If it is, I hope you're equally keen to purge all negative content from the Valverde, Contador, Froome, Cavendish, Wiggins and Gerrans related threads too.

I didn't called serioussam a loser because he was disappointed that Sagan won. I called him a loser (and I overreacted. Nothing personal) because he was on a cycling forum disappointed that a fantastic, attacking rider won a fantastic race. That rider was Sagan. If it was Leipheimer or Stybar doing the same race, my answer would've been the same. But both of them are wheelsuckers and negative riders. Seems normal for a cycling fan to have this opinion, based only on cycling performances.

I also didn't describe you as disgusting. I described your actions as disgusting. That's a fact. They are. In my opinion, actions make the person, but that's another conversation.

And yes, if someone agreed with you on your pathetic and irrational hate, I would have the same opinion. Seems coherent to me.

pedromiguelmartins said:
I didn't called serioussam a loser because he was disappointed that Sagan won. I called him a loser (and I overreacted. Nothing personal) because he was on a cycling forum disappointed that a fantastic, attacking rider won a fantastic race. That rider was Sagan. If it was Leipheimer or Stybar doing the same race, my answer would've been the same. But both of them are wheelsuckers and negative riders. Seems normal for a cycling fan to have this opinion, based only on cycling performances.
And what if SeriousSam chooses who they want to win a race based on different criteria to you? Does that automatically make them a loser to express (calmly and civilly) disappointment that the rider they didn't want to win did, or the rider they wanted to win didn't?

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site

pedromiguelmartins said:
Libertine Seguros said:
pedromiguelmartins said:

That's just it though, if a thread opened called the Peter Sagan Appreciation Thread, and you did not enter the discussion, as you promise not to, above...we actually wouldn't be talking about YOU at all. No sarcastic barbs, no replies, no agreements. There would only be talk about Sagan and his riding, good or bad.
Methinks though dost protest too much, IMO.

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Libertine Seguros said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
And what if SeriousSam chooses who they want to win a race based on different criteria to you? Does that automatically make them a loser to express (calmly and civilly) disappointment that the rider they didn't want to win did, or the rider they wanted to win didn't?

Sam is the biggest troll on this forum though so I'm not sure if quoting him/her as an example counts for much.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Libertine Seguros said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
I depends. The criteria could be justified or stupid. But that's not the point.

The point is about you and the rider that you want to see lose every race and "*** him and everyone that likes him". Sagan could produce the best show ever: You want him to *** off. You hate him. You despise him anyway.

Yes, that is a disgusting attitude and says everything that needs to be said about you.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

pedromiguelmartins said:
Libertine Seguros said:
pedromiguelmartins said:

I also didn't describe you as disgusting. I described your actions as disgusting. That's a fact. They are. In my opinion, actions make the person, but that's another conversation.

And yes, if someone agreed with you on your pathetic and irrational hate, I would have the same opinion. Seems coherent to me.

Just because someone defends another poster's right to express their opinion, it doesn't mean they agree with everything they say (although I'm inclined to do so), and it certainly doesn't mean they consent to ad hominem abuse.

(Also, seriously, surely people don't use Levi Leipheimer as an example anymore. What is this, 2009?)

Relax,guys. It's opinions,that's all.

Libertine is a highly regarded poster,and even though I don't understand all the Sagan hatred, I find it almost like a given that LS will have a jab at him in whatever race he's in, just like I'm accustomed with his/her almost desperate involvement of female riders in many threads.

At the same time I also tip my hat to his/her impressive knowledge of roads/hills/mountains,and just like LaFlo's blind AC love, PriceySky's undivided Brit fascination and the former crazy Aussie ACF94,they all bring some passion to the forum.
Let's try not to streamline everything.

P.S. Sagan is awesome,regardless what you say,LS! ;)

Re:

Kazistuta said:

Libertine is a highly regarded poster,and even though I don't understand all the Sagan hatred, I find it almost like a given that LS will have a jab at him in whatever race he's in, just like I'm accustomed with his/her almost desperate involvement of female riders in many threads.

At the same time I also tip my hat to his/her impressive knowledge of roads/hills/mountains,and just like LaFlo's blind AC love, PriceySky's undivided Brit fascination and the former crazy Aussie ACF94,they all bring some passion to the forum.

I agree I just can't live with hatred. Hatred is such a futile thing. Specially when we are talking about a cyclist here.
If that cyclist murdered someone or raped a woman.. yeh sure hate him. I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

Other then that... PriceySky.. now I might be mixing him with someone else he is an obviously english orientated poster, but he's someone who rallies for Froome (for example), but can give an unbiased opinion about him and is also able to compliment Contador when he beat him fair and square. I'm giving the Contador vs Froome discussion as an example as it's usually very heated.
Well what I'm saying is that I find PriceySky a valuable poster with an rational unbiased opinion. Certainly not someone who I'd put among the ones you named :D
Allthough I also like those people, just that they are irrational and completely biased most of the time ;)

I think you're a bit unfair there. Yes, I've butted heads with people re Sagan at a few races (California last year, the Vuelta, the "Bardet Combativité" thread) but I haven't taken a pop at Sagan "in whatever race he's in" since September, because I haven't participated in a race discussion of a race he's been in since Richmond.

LS, The last eighteen pages (seriously!) of the eighty-nine page Richmond thread were essentially all about you after your "I hate cycling..." post, and there's now three pages and counting of this thread all about you. When Sagan wins a Monument, same again?

How would you feel if I posted a similarly self-absorbed and attention-seeking post over and over again - as you do in any Sagan-related thread - in your Race Design thread, to the point where I became the subject of the thread?

Re:

Vino's Mum said:
LS, The last eighteen pages (seriously!) of the eighty-nine page Richmond thread were essentially all about you after your "I hate cycling..." post, and there's now three pages and counting of this thread all about you. When Sagan wins a Monument, same again?

How would you feel if I posted a similarly self-absorbed and attention-seeking post over and over again - as you do in any Sagan-related thread - in your Race Design thread, to the point where I became the subject of the thread?

Give it a rest already ffs

As much as I disagree with some of LS' points re Sagan, you can certainly see where (he/she?) is coming from. And I advise you to read some LS' other posts if at all you don't think that LS is highly rational and objective

Re:

Vino's Mum said:

You know that people were posting about me in here long before I ever entered it? Posts like this one - by a poster who has just 2 posts in the forum but sees fair game in attacking me - predate me posting anything in here. People seem to find it unacceptable for whatever reason that I can't stand Sagan, and the fact that I get both demands from incredulous Sagan fans to justify not loving him, and winding up from posters who revel in the fact that a guy who's popular and successful is one I hate, only exacerbates matters. If people are intent on needling me on the subject, why can't I respond? However, it means the posts get repetitive, which irritates Sagan fans more, and it only entrenches opinions on both sides. Post stuff hating on most riders here, and yea, sure, if it strays too negative it might annoy some people, but it never results in anything like the aggressive defence that being negative to Sagan seems to engender. Sure, the Richmond fallout lasted many pages, but how many of those posts were actually mine?

Re:

hrotha said:
The bigger issue here is that MANY people would rather these rider-specific threads were only for swooning over them, and woe to those who have anything even remotely negative to say. Talk about no-go zones.

Not really.

Sure, quite apart from being a brilliant cyclist, Peter Sagan has been a laughably look at me unreconstructed berk at times. Personally, I'd get bored writing that hundred of times, that's all.

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Sagan as a cyclist is great but I don't find his off the bike antics or comments anything special or super entertaining. But at the same time I'm not sure he is trying to be the rebel some claim that he is. I guess it maybe says more about how boring other cyclists are ?

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

pedromiguelmartins said:
Libertine Seguros said:
pedromiguelmartins said:

Stybar is a wheelsucker and negative rider? Not trying to defend LS as I had my fair share of exchanges with that person on this forum but I have to disagree with your post :eek:

While LS is quite stubborn about Sagan and still sees him as a disrespectful childish attention whore, at least, LS is somewhat fair when it comes to judging/rating riders and he/she is the only one around here correctly spelling every rider's name ... and I have to admit that I really like that!

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
I think you're a bit unfair there. Yes, I've butted heads with people re Sagan at a few races (California last year, the Vuelta, the "Bardet Combativité" thread) but I haven't taken a pop at Sagan "in whatever race he's in" since September, because I haven't participated in a race discussion of a race he's been in since Richmond.

Sorry, maybe I was exaggerating. Actually tried to defend you :)

Kwibus said:
Kazistuta said:

I agree I just can't live with hatred. Hatred is such a futile thing. Specially when we are talking about a cyclist here.
If that cyclist murdered someone or raped a woman.. yeh sure hate him. I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

Other then that... PriceySky.. now I might be mixing him with someone else he is an obviously english orientated poster, but he's someone who rallies for Froome (for example), but can give an unbiased opinion about him and is also able to compliment Contador when he beat him fair and square. I'm giving the Contador vs Froome discussion as an example as it's usually very heated.
Well what I'm saying is that I find PriceySky a valuable poster with an rational unbiased opinion. Certainly not someone who I'd put among the ones you named :D
Allthough I also like those people, just that they are irrational and completely biased most of the time ;)

Well, my time spend on CN has been spiralling downwards the last year, so maybe I'M the one mixing PriceySky with another poster (HelloDolly perhaps...or another poster with Sky in the name), but my point was not to single anyone out, just state the fact that there's quite aome characters in here - and thank god for that :p

I find Sagans racing style appealing, and he has definitely matured over the last couple of seasons (but really, anyone compared with Oleg Tinkov would be considered mature ;) ).

Kazistuta said:
Kwibus said:
Kazistuta said:

Well, my time spend on CN has been spiralling downwards the last year, so maybe I'M the one mixing PriceySky with another poster (HelloDolly perhaps...or another poster with Sky in the name), but my point was not to single anyone out, just state the fact that there's quite aome characters in here - and thank god for that :p

I find Sagans racing style appealing, and he has definitely matured over the last couple of seasons (but really, anyone compared with Oleg Tinkov would be considered mature ;) ).
I think you had HiCadence in mind. She was special as LS is. I miss her. They would make a strong pair with LS.

TRENDING THREADS