• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 137 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
ihosama said:
Kokoso said:
Netserk said:
I'd rather see him pinch a podium girl again. At least that would be more authentic.
How do you know that would be more authentic?

P.S. I would like to see the podium girl slap his face hard in that case. That would be really great and fully deserved. Shame the first did not do so.
Because in Slovakia pinching a nice gal is seen as a compliment (as long as it stays with that and is not followed-up). Not much political corectness over here still, thankfully.
BTW, a slap back is also seen as an absolutely appropriate reaction. Much more so than any ex-post #metoo moanings... ;)
:razz: funny to hear you consider Slovakia country of primitives. But no, you are talking nonsense. Pinching girl's buttocks is not seen as compliment in Slovakia.
I don't think the things are that different between Slovakia and Czech republic.

Pinching girl's buttocks can be seen (depending on context) as a crude form of compliment (most commonly used by early teenagers; no self-respecting sophisticated man will lower himself to that). The main difference vs the west is that it will most likely be laughed off, instead of making a big public halo out of it.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Krokro said:
Does anyone know why is Peto not competing at both Omloop/KBK? Did I miss something? Is that something to do with his participation at Amstel? I guess the reason is a lighter approach of the "real" classics season.

T-A, Strade, MSR, RRV, Roubaix, AGR if I'm right.
I think he will do omloop

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Re:

tobydawq said:
A biography about Sagan will be released this autumn. It even seems to be an autobiography. That is going to be an interesting read if the latter is the case.

Probably the last rider I expected to write a book.

Well, if you watch his interviews he appears to be a guy with a good common sense.
The book might be interesting.

Serpentin said:
Watched 2017 MSR yesterday. Do you think he will wait for the sprint this year ? Going on the Poggio is always a risk that he will have to do the work and drag someone with him.

Easy:

Headwind on Poggio = wait for the sprint or movements on the flat.
Tailwind on Poggio = attack 50 to 100 metres later than last year so he can get away alone.

tobydawq said:
Serpentin said:
Watched 2017 MSR yesterday. Do you think he will wait for the sprint this year ? Going on the Poggio is always a risk that he will have to do the work and drag someone with him.

Easy:

Tailwind on Poggio = attack 50 to 100 metres later than last year so he can get away alone.

I hope that Sky and Bora will go crazy on Cipresa and from the bottom of Poggio.
I do not care if Kwiatko wins again I just do not want to see bunch of 50 people in the final sprint

tobydawq said:
Serpentin said:

Easy:

Imo Sagan doesn't stand a chance against Gaviria and it's a gamble vs Kristoff, Demare or even Matthews. He needs to unleash the beast on the Poggio and play it a bit smarter. Hard to say when the only ones who can break with him won't work a lot since they got a sprinter for victory. Alaphilippe, or GVA for instance, bar Kwiatkowski this year.

Gaviria after 300 kilometres is not the same sprinter as normally. Last year he was beaten by Kristoff in the sprint for fourth.

And who knows how QuickStep will play the finale anyway with Gilbert, Viviani and Alaphilippe.

And I think that Sagan should attack as well but if it is a headwind he will not do it.

Re:

tobydawq said:
Gaviria after 300 kilometres is not the same sprinter as normal. Last year he was beaten by Kristoff in the sprint for fourth.

And who knows how QuickStep will play the finale anyway with Gilbert, Viviani and Alaphilippe.

And I think that Sagan should attack as well but if it is a headwind he will not do it.

Quickstep have some incredible options in this race. Damn.

Sagan's sprint is massively underrated. The last two times he participated in a bunch sprint at the end of a really big one day race he won the world championship. Considering his record in reduced sprints after big efforts I think he is more likely to win if he rides passively.

Gigs_98 said:
Sagan's sprint is massively underrated. The last two times he participated in a bunch sprint at the end of a really big one day race he won the world championship. Considering his record in reduced sprints after big efforts I think he is more likely to win if he rides passively.

National teams are not equal to trade teams, squad sizes are different etc. etc. While he's obviously good, there are a good few you would put above him in that situation.

King Boonen said:
Gigs_98 said:

National teams are not equal to trade teams, squad sizes are different etc. etc. While he's obviously good, there are a good few you would put above him in that situation.

He has still beaten all of those in a pure bunch sprint before though and he can do that again. He did it last year at TDF but got falsely disqualified because of that crash from Cavendish.

Those type of sprints in the one day races is always more about how much you got left in the tank and how smart and protected you been throughout the whole race.

King Boonen said:
Gigs_98 said:

Indeed, trade teams are not equal to national teams but that doesn't really change anything imo. After all the support he got at the WC's was without a doubt not better than the support of the other good sprinters

Gigs_98 said:
King Boonen said:
Gigs_98 said:

Indeed, trade teams are not equal to national teams but that doesn't really change anything imo. After all the support he got at the WC's was without a doubt not better than the support of the other good sprinters
But the support the good sprinters get is generally worse than they get on their trade teams.

TRENDING THREADS