• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 151 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

alspacka said:
Now he has this monkey off his back he should go to Ardennes. I think he was planning on Amstel anyway, but stay and ride Liege with no pressure.
I don't think he will have a chance in LBL this year. Top ten maybe but apart for WT ranking that's not worth the hassle. I don't think he cares about that ranking unlike some other riders.

Look at that, Boonen was right!
SKSemtex said:
I have a feeling Sagan could get rid of Dillier long time ago. they both new it and made kind of agreement. imho
I think Sagan still had huge reserve on the end.
I agree with this, and I think it was a mistake on Sagan's part. It's always better to get to the finish line on your own if you can, because that way you won't lose if you make a mistake or your rival is stronger than you anticipated. And if you puncture or whatever, you get a second chance instead of pretty much losing it all. I suspect Sagan was too scared of going solo on those final 15 km and having to fend off a pursuing group of contenders. It worked out well for him, but still, I consider it a mistake.

Re: Re:

Bardamu said:
alspacka said:
Now he has this monkey off his back he should go to Ardennes. I think he was planning on Amstel anyway, but stay and ride Liege with no pressure.
I don't think he will have a chance in LBL this year. Top ten maybe but apart for WT ranking that's not worth the hassle. I don't think he cares about that ranking unlike some other riders.

He was unusually happy when he won that competition back in 2016.

Bardamu said:
alspacka said:

Probably not but I'm sure he wants to win it at some point, so it would be good experience, he could help his team if the situation arises. Or, if it's ridden particularly conservatively, which let's face it wouldn't be a shocking turn of events, he could even have a chance. All with no pressure.

But I've been told on this forum that Sagan isn't suited to Paris-Roubaix, that he isn't suited to long lasting efforts, that he needs descents in between efforts to recover, that he can't sprint after a hard race, and so on and so on. How could this happen? It looks like I've been misled and I've been living a lie for some time now. I'm confused.

I'm glad Sagan proved the doubters wrong and am even happier for Sagan to get the big win in style attacking from 55km out. The guy is becoming a legend, 100+ wins at 28 is freaking amazing. He's the best rider in the World hands down (ok Valverde and maybe Nibali belong in the conversation). I know it, you know it, he knows it and more importantly the peloton, his opponents know it and behave accordingly in race situations. Now he only needs to add Sanremo to his palmares and I don't doubt he'll get a win there in the following years, too.

Chapeau Peter, keep entertaining cycling fans all over the World. AGR is next (I hope)

Re:

johnymax said:
But I've been told on this forum that Sagan isn't suited to Paris-Roubaix, that he isn't suited to long lasting efforts, that he needs descents in between efforts to recover, that he can't sprint after a hard race, and so on and so on. How could this happen? It looks like I've been misled and I've been living a lie for some time now. I'm confused.

I'm glad Sagan proved the doubters wrong and am even happier for Sagan to get the big win in style attacking from 55km out. The guy is becoming a legend, 100+ wins at 28 is freaking amazing. He's the best rider in the World hands down (ok Valverde and maybe Nibali belong in the conversation). I know it, you know it, he knows it and more importantly the peloton, his opponents know it and behave accordingly in race situations. Now he only needs to add Sanremo to his palmares and I don't doubt he'll get a win there in the following years, too.

Chapeau Peter, keep entertaining cycling fans all over the World. AGR is next (I hope)
Well, he beat Silvian Dillier who had been out for 250km. The jury is still out on whether he can win a sprint after working hard (both his last two worlds wins weren't an example of this, he just followed until the last 200m which is fine but doesn't answer the question). In fairness, often he messes it up somehow rather than not being strong enough.

Brullnux said:
johnymax said:

Well, he beat Silvian Dillier who had been out for 250km. The jury is still out on whether he can win a sprint after working hard (both his last two worlds wins weren't an example of this, he just followed until the last 200m which is fine but doesn't answer the question). In fairness, often he messes it up somehow rather than not being strong enough.
Did you see the final kms of Bergen?

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

SKSemtex said:
KGB said:
Sagan said he has for P.L. nice present and he will go out with T.B. to pinch some girls.

I doubt Kate will approve it. :lol:
Present for P.L. was delivered and now getting ready for second part of his mission(even Tommeke is ready).Kate is busy with Marlon and counting €s.
Hmm Sagan smoked QS one week later and as a rouler?All CN experts analyses burned even most funny one:Gilbert to win P-R.
First part of fun finished and ready for second-CN forum experts comments.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re:

johnymax said:

CN-forum analyses are good for fun.They will start with new ones after this race so be sure we will have even more fun this evening.Enjoy.

KGB said:
SKSemtex said:
KGB said:
Sagan said he has for P.L. nice present and he will go out with T.B. to pinch some girls.

I doubt Kate will approve it. :lol:
Present for P.L. was delivered and now getting ready for second part of his mission(even Tommeke is ready).Kate is busy with Marlon and counting €s.
Hmm Sagan smoked QS one week later and as a rouler?All CN experts analyses burned even most funny one:Gilbert to win P-R.
First part of fun finished and ready for second-CN forum experts comments.
Don't worry everyone, I've got my enigma machine out, and should have this message deciphered by next week.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
gettyimages_943374016_670.jpg

What I also like about Sagan is that he looks like a real man and not like an anorexic climber with asthma puffer in his pocket.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

SKSemtex said:
Red Rick said:
If Sagan really wants to troll he enlists for Liege and starts tweeting about #striveforfive

He should definitely go there just for fun of it and help his teammates. Bora team could be quite strong there.
As long as they don't force Konrad to work for Majka in LBL once again...

TRENDING THREADS