• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 167 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Red Rick said:
Jancouver said:
Gigs_98 said:
I'm very curious when he'll drop tomorrow cause I really want to know when i can start laughing at the people who said he has a chance to win :D

Maybe his chances are very slim or close to none, but at least he has prepared for this race and to honor the rainbow jersey he has been wearing for three years he will give it all as the true champion and warrior that he is and only a moron would laugh at him for trying his best. :cool:
I would definitely not laugh at Sagan and I applaud that he's doing this.

Sorry.

tobydawq said:
Red Rick said:
Jancouver said:
Gigs_98 said:
I'm very curious when he'll drop tomorrow cause I really want to know when i can start laughing at the people who said he has a chance to win :D

Maybe his chances are very slim or close to none, but at least he has prepared for this race and to honor the rainbow jersey he has been wearing for three years he will give it all as the true champion and warrior that he is and only a moron would laugh at him for trying his best. :cool:
I would definitely not laugh at Sagan and I applaud that he's doing this.

It's late. And I'm very closed to being very touched because of this post. From a poster that usually hates everything and everybody.

No doubt Sagan is a champion and will try his best but it may not be enough this year. If he manages it, it will be an incredible feat.

Leinster said:
Gigs_98 said:
Jancouver said:
Gigs_98 said:

I don't laugh at Sagan, I have tremendous respect for him for focusing on a race he has basically no chance to win just to honor the rainbow stripes. My post was simply about how ridiculously often his name was mentioned in previews and predictions for a race that doesn't suit him one bit.
You don’t think people should talk about the 3-time-in-a-row defending World Champion on the eve of the World Championships? Sagan would be getting talked about no matter what course they had. The race could be repeats up and down the Zoncolan and he’d find some way of getting involved.
Just as an example for what I meant, I was just woken up by my radio alarm clock where in the sports news section they were mentioning the favorites for today's race saying "the favorites are valverde, alaphilippe...and of course three time world champion peter Sagan". And btw, I didn't mean the "laughing at people" literal, it was a joke

Re:

Keram said:
Ok I got direct proof that GVA is better climber. At least at diesel climbs. But before last lap was about seventy riders in the bunch so I am slightly disapointed. He is not at his best I think. Time to call of his fairly succesful season.
Arguably the best season of his career. Three wins at the Tour + GW. And imo a PR win with a 50km attack is much more prestigious than winning a bunch sprint in Qatar, and at least equal to his other two WC wins.

It would be pretty incredible if Sagan doesn't win the national championships next year and we would see him in his normal team jersey in regular non TT stages for the first time since early 2011. Just think about it, the last time that was the case we were wondering whether Andy or Alberto is gonna win the tour de france :lol:

Gigs_98 said:
It would be pretty incredible if Sagan doesn't win the national championships next year and we would see him in his normal team jersey in regular non TT stages for the first time since early 2011. Just think about it, the last time that was the case we were wondering whether Andy or Alberto is gonna win the tour de france :lol:

It was a few days before I graduated from high school (or its Danish equivalence).

Now, I'm a high school teacher.

Book of Sagan is coming out, with some quite remarkable and amusing stories (of course).
One is that at this year's Roubaix, he found out his steering wheel had shifted while he was on the attack. He tried to set it straight by bumping twice into the bike of Wallays. Didn't work (but pissed off Wallays, who didn't know what the hell Sagan was doing), yet he got lucky that the team car managed to reach him soon afterwards.

Re:

Jagartrott said:
Book of Sagan is coming out, with some quite remarkable and amusing stories (of course).
One is that at this year's Roubaix, he found out his steering wheel had shifted while he was on the attack. He tried to set it straight by bumping twice into the bike of Wallays. Didn't work (but pissed off Wallays, who didn't know what the hell Sagan was doing), yet he got lucky that the team car managed to reach him soon afterwards.

Well I really looking forward to it. In december should be translated to slovak language and it definitely must be under my christmas tree :lol:

I hope we will enjoy more stories with Oleg than been already mentioned :D

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/reviews/5369/book-review-my-world-by-peter-sagan

Gigs_98 said:
Those were better days.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Red Rick said:
Gigs_98 said:
Those were better days.

With the current Slovakian competition he will win even with one leg. Only option to loose is that he will decide to give it to Juraj.

lartiste said:
Red Rick said:
Gigs_98 said:
Those were better days.

With the current Slovakian competition he will win even with one leg. Only option to loose is that he will decide to give it to Juraj.
So sad he didn't win the Euro's

Although him winning it in 2016 and not wearing it for a race in his career was pretty funny

Re: Re:

Keram said:
Jagartrott said:

Well I really looking forward to it. In december should be translated to slovak language and it definitely must be under my christmas tree :lol:

I hope we will enjoy more stories with Oleg than been already mentioned :D

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/reviews/5369/book-review-my-world-by-peter-sagan

I've also read an amusing excerpt saying that until two weeks after the olympics Sagan didn't realize it was GVA who had won the roadrace. Sagan thought GVA would think of him being a *** for not calling sooner to congratulate GVA with the win. It's quite early to do such a book on the other hand Sagan has been around for so long and it'll be full of fun stories!

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

tobydawq said:
He's threatening to end his road career after 2021.
It's his call, he has ade moore than enough money and maybe he'll enjoy MTB races more.
More important, will Specialized now also pay a decent percentage of the child support that hell have to pay? :D

Re:

Red Rick said:
That'd be early.

Yes, but I have had this nagging suspicion for a while and was very relieved when he extended his contract for two more years.

In his book, he also describes that he was quite close to quitting after the spring of 2015 but then his shape suddenly came around again and he didn't have to work with Bobby Julich anymore.

I really hope he reconsiders when the date approaches, though.

TRENDING THREADS