Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 168 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Keram said:
Jagartrott said:
Book of Sagan is coming out, with some quite remarkable and amusing stories (of course).
One is that at this year's Roubaix, he found out his steering wheel had shifted while he was on the attack. He tried to set it straight by bumping twice into the bike of Wallays. Didn't work (but pissed off Wallays, who didn't know what the hell Sagan was doing), yet he got lucky that the team car managed to reach him soon afterwards.
Well I really looking forward to it. In december should be translated to slovak language and it definitely must be under my christmas tree :lol:

I hope we will enjoy more stories with Oleg than been already mentioned :D

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/reviews/5369/book-review-my-world-by-peter-sagan
I've also read an amusing excerpt saying that until two weeks after the olympics Sagan didn't realize it was GVA who had won the roadrace. Sagan thought GVA would think of him being a *** for not calling sooner to congratulate GVA with the win. It's quite early to do such a book on the other hand Sagan has been around for so long and it'll be full of fun stories!
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Re:

tobydawq said:
He's threatening to end his road career after 2021.
It's his call, he has ade moore than enough money and maybe he'll enjoy MTB races more.
More important, will Specialized now also pay a decent percentage of the child support that hell have to pay? :D
 
Re:

Red Rick said:
That'd be early.
Yes, but I have had this nagging suspicion for a while and was very relieved when he extended his contract for two more years.

In his book, he also describes that he was quite close to quitting after the spring of 2015 but then his shape suddenly came around again and he didn't have to work with Bobby Julich anymore.

I really hope he reconsiders when the date approaches, though.
 
I read that earlier today. I can't say I'm surprised. One of the reasons I read he gave is that he's away from home too much and doesn't like being gone that much. So yeah, I can see him going back to mountain bike racing after 2021.
 
Re:

Koronin said:
I read that earlier today. I can't say I'm surprised. One of the reasons I read he gave is that he's away from home too much and doesn't like being gone that much. So yeah, I can see him going back to mountain bike racing after 2021.
He's also talking about disrespect in the peloton, whatever that might entail.

Let's see if he doesn't take 2022 too to go double-digits for number of points jerseys in the Tour.
 
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Koronin said:
I read that earlier today. I can't say I'm surprised. One of the reasons I read he gave is that he's away from home too much and doesn't like being gone that much. So yeah, I can see him going back to mountain bike racing after 2021.
He's also talking about disrespect in the peloton, whatever that might entail.

Let's see if he doesn't take 2022 too to go double-digits for number of points jerseys in the Tour.

Yeah, I saw that as well, but have no clue what that's even supposed to mean.

Arnout said:
Riders often talk about ending careers a few years from now but when that time comes they tend to change their mind.
True, they do have a tendency to change their minds. Contador changed his mind before finally deciding it was time.
 
Re:

tobydawq said:
He's threatening to end his road career after 2021.
I can see it. What's left to win for him? Milan-San Remo, ok, a couple stages in the Giro would be nice, Strade Bianchi I suppose, Olympics maybe (which is always a gamble).
Why has he never started the Giro btw? Kind of a strange hole in his palmares.

To compete at the highest level in a sport as tough as road cycling just for the money you need a certain mentality that I don't think Sagan has.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Re: Re:

spalco said:
tobydawq said:
He's threatening to end his road career after 2021.
I can see it. What's left to win for him? Milan-San Remo, ok, a couple stages in the Giro would be nice, Strade Bianchi I suppose, Olympics maybe (which is always a gamble).
Why has he never started the Giro btw? Kind of a strange hole in his palmares.

To compete at the highest level in a sport as tough as road cycling just for the money you need a certain mentality that I don't think Sagan has.
Because Specialized wants him, their biggest name, to appear in Cali, that's the problem.
 
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
spalco said:
tobydawq said:
He's threatening to end his road career after 2021.
I can see it. What's left to win for him? Milan-San Remo, ok, a couple stages in the Giro would be nice, Strade Bianchi I suppose, Olympics maybe (which is always a gamble).
Why has he never started the Giro btw? Kind of a strange hole in his palmares.

To compete at the highest level in a sport as tough as road cycling just for the money you need a certain mentality that I don't think Sagan has.
Because Specialized wants him, their biggest name, to appear in Cali, that's the problem.
He also seems to quite enjoy racing in California.
 
Re:

tobydawq said:
Flanders-Roubaix double, monument treble, Amstel, Liege, double digit points jerseys, all monuments in career.
Think he'd have a small chance at Liege, depending on the new route.

Lombardia is out of question, especially with recent routes.

2014 would be the only route he could win on, and that route should never happen again

For Sagan, the Worlds RR record should be the most obvious accomplishment
 
Re: Re:

Alexandre B. said:
tobydawq said:
He has just confirmed he will debut in Liege next year. Sadly, that means he will miss Strade.
One excludes the other :confused:
It's like this year. He extended the season through Amstel, but then skipped the opening weekend. Now he extends it one week further.

He will participate in both of the Tour Down Under and Vuelta a San Juan, though.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY