• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 177 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
fuiers said:
If he keeps going on the way he has planned I doubt that he is gonna get any more than a couple of victories in this season at most. Nothing will change unless he totally ditches the race calendar now and rest. His rivals will destroy him in TDF at this rate. I dont understand why he does not see this now personally? Or he does but the rider in him does not want to quit.

What do you mean? He does ditch the planned Liege participation. Then it will be California, Switzerland, Tour, just like always. No need to change that!

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Koronin said:
He'll likely still racing California because he actually really enjoys that race. Plus he usually flys to the US at least 1-2 weeks before the race. That should get him at least that time for training without many interruptions.

One of the problems may be all the obligations to his sponsors in the US.

IMO he is doing too many appearances, and while it is not as demanding as racing, it could still be very exhausting between travel etc.

He needs rest. I mean complete rest!

Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Koronin said:
He'll likely still racing California because he actually really enjoys that race. Plus he usually flys to the US at least 1-2 weeks before the race. That should get him at least that time for training without many interruptions.

One of the problems may be all the obligations to his sponsors in the US.

IMO he is doing too many appearances, and while it is not as demanding as racing, it could still be very exhausting between travel etc.

He needs rest. I mean complete rest!

That's possible. Although without the rainbow jersey you'd think his appearances would be less than they had been the last three years with it.

He could be a bit burned out. OTOH it's my perception (I could be wrong) that there are a bunch of new riders coming to the fore this year -- Matthews, VDP, Fugl, Lambrecht, Alaphilippe etc. -- it just seems that some of those guys have an extra gear. Obviously every year there's a new crop but something about this year seems a little different. Or maybe it's that I'm paying more attention.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
As expected, instead of getting proper rest, Sagan is traveling around Europe promoting his gold "coin/medal" that you can buy for about $25,000.

But hurry up, because only 100 coins were made and 65 has already sold. It is made out of real gold and therefore a true bargain! :cool:

ROU7affd5_053032_7037419.jpg

If he has signed a contract to promote this, then it is not much that you can do here and now though. Just need to think more about the timing of these sort of things in the future. That performing on the bike comes first and deals or opportunities like this is fruit of the labor in a way.

Re:

Jancouver said:
As expected, instead of getting proper rest, Sagan is traveling around Europe promoting his gold "coin/medal" that you can buy for about $25,000.

But hurry up, because only 100 coins were made and 65 has already sold. It is made out of real gold and therefore a true bargain! :cool:

ROU7affd5_053032_7037419.jpg
...call in the next 5 minutes, and you will get free shipping and a free replica of the banana that caused him to slide and run Cav' in the barricades at the Tour. A $49.99 value :D.

Sorry :D .

He needs to rest/regroup, he's still be best bike rider in the World methink, just a little burned-out.

It is kind of funny to think how crazy good peter sagan is. We are bashing at how *** he has been and he still has 2 world tour wins, and rode in the final 3 out of the 4 monuements that have been ridden this year. And some people are saying he needs to be checked with what is wrong. Kind of says everything about his level. Just my thoughts.

It is kind of funny to think how crazy good peter sagan is. We are bashing at how *** he has been and he still has 2 world tour wins, and rode in the final 3 out of the 4 monuements that have been ridden this year. And some people are saying he needs to be checked with what is wrong. Kind of says everything about his level. Just my thoughts.