• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 178 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Frankschleck said:
It is kind of funny to think how crazy good peter sagan is. We are bashing at how **** he has been and he still has 2 world tour wins, and rode in the final 3 out of the 4 monuements that have been ridden this year. And some people are saying he needs to be checked with what is wrong. Kind of says everything about his level. Just my thoughts.

But it does matter. Any drop off is concerning, whether you're starting from Sagan's level or not. Expectations are high because, well, they should be.

It's possible that his training wasn't correct; that his divorce messed with his head; of that he peaked. The first two are fixable.

I don't know if it is still allowed but I know that the previous yellow Jersey winner was allowed to wear it on the first stage of the following Tour if he chooses. Maybe Sagan will try doing that for green.

All jokes aside, it is crazy he went that long without wearing a standard kit.

Re:

Screecher said:
Yikes. Good but not amazing. Green should be achievable but i'm not sure about stage wins. Hopefully he can get at least 1.

This type of finish is not really his bread and butter. Think back to 2016. In the first week there were two similar stages to today. Cavendish and Kittel won, Sagan was 4th and 3rd.

And green looks sewn up, not achievable.

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Screecher said:
Yikes. Good but not amazing. Green should be achievable but i'm not sure about stage wins. Hopefully he can get at least 1.

This type of finish is not really his bread and butter. Think back to 2016. In the first week there were two similar stages to today. Cavendish and Kittel won, Sagan was 4th and 3rd.

And green looks sewn up, not achievable.
Sewn up as long as he doesn't crash/crash out or get sick. You never know after what happened last year.

Re: Re:

THEORYY said:
RedheadDane said:
THEORYY said:
Unchained said:
This guy has in the saddle power that is unrivaled. Great finish for everyone I expect Sagan in green soon
you should expect him in green tomorrow coz he gonna wear it :D

Yeah, he's gonna wear it, but he's not actually gonna have it!

you are so smart, arent you?

It was pretty obvious - at least to me - that "expect him in" meant in the sense of actually owning it.

TRENDING THREADS