• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 195 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In his two strongest spring campaigns (2016 and 2017) he only had a one week race in January before Omloop, where he was on fire. That's nearly 5 weeks of no racing before hitting the ground running, so I disagree.

Same story for Tour de Suisse.
Yeah, I agree with that, but compare his previous few seasons with his earlier seasons. Nowadays he needs more races to get into shape than he did earlier in his career.

Wonder if he'll be able to ride into the Ardennes this year then? Hope so!
And what would that be good for? I think that we have seen there's no point in that 2 years ago. Amstel maybe, if he's on his "monster" mode again(and thats unfortunately only a fans wish), but no further than that. Also, the fact if he rides Giro this year or not will influence him riding the ardennes too. I think he'll try to go after point jersey in Giro this year, as he'll be sharing the spot with Ackermann at Le Tour. And he'll be only stagehunting in France, which actually might go pretty well for him. And for that, he would need some rest after Roubaix.

Reactions: Sandisfan
And what would that be good for? I think that we have seen there's no point in that 2 years ago. Amstel maybe, if he's on his "monster" mode again(and thats unfortunately only a fans wish), but no further than that. Also, the fact if he rides Giro this year or not will influence him riding the ardennes too. I think he'll try to go after point jersey in Giro this year, as he'll be sharing the spot with Ackermann at Le Tour. And he'll be only stagehunting in France, which actually might go pretty well for him. And for that, he would need some rest after Roubaix.

I don't think he will only stagehunt in the Tour.

I don't think he will only stagehunt in the Tour.

well, if he shares his spot with ackermann, then his pre tour plans can't be the green. Unless of course, the bora tactics isn't both Ackermann and Sagan sprinting for and against each other :D. I think he will have his eyes on the stages for the "spring" guys though. I am not sure, but i think there were 3 or 4 of them in the preliminary plans last autumn.

Or do you mean some other goal besides green and stages?

well, if he shares his spot with ackermann, then his pre tour plans can't be the green. Unless of course, the bora tactics isn't both Ackermann and Sagan sprinting for and against each other :D. I think he will have his eyes on the stages for the "spring" guys though. I am not sure, but i think there were 3 or 4 of them in the preliminary plans last autumn.

Or do you mean some other goal besides green and stages?

No, I mean green. But the way Ackermann is sprinting at the moment (and if Sagan returns to somewhere near his usual level), Ackermann has no place in the Tour team. If they both go, I think they will sprint "against" each other.

Reactions: Sandisfan and yaco
No, I mean green. But the way Ackermann is sprinting at the moment (and if Sagan returns to somewhere near his usual level), Ackermann has no place in the Tour team. If they both go, I think they will sprint "against" each other.
ok, I haven't covered this year results, usually the spring classics is the time of year when cycling starts for me, so I had no idea Ackermann is not sprinting like last year anymore. Then your predictions make sense of course.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I could still see Sagan freelancing in tour sprints while Ackermann has a dedicated lead out. See if Sagan can get on Bennett’s wheel and disrupt things like maybe sometime launching from 500 metres out.
this would be fun and actually very tough to cover, but for it to work, it would have to be only Bora vs. Bennet. Because, if, let's say Caleb Ewan is also there, then the winner would probably be the one staying on Ackermann's wheel, not Sagan or the one trying to follow from far out.

TRENDING THREADS