• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Peter Sagan discussion thread.

Page 205 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I could see Ewen going to Veulta and trying to win stages in all the GTs in one calendar year. He could have 7 or 8 sprint wins in GTs, that way, also abandon the Veulta as well as the TDF and Giro. Ewen could get an amazing haul of wins and not care what anyone thinks about leaving GTs. He might think about green or other sprint jerseys later in his career.

I don't see Ewen as a competitor for the Green but could steal 50 point wins making it easier for Sagan.
IMO you are spot on about the Robby affect of stealing points, leaving Sagan in a stronger position. Unless Sagan has put on weight he'll be the guy as the race gets into more hilly terrain. McEwen starts the yo-yo routine too soon to score in those stages. Now that Bennett is resting his knee (and reputation) for his next contract he won't be around to sit on Sagan's back wheel and get another gift.

Is somebody actually aiming for the green jersey except for PS?
I think Demare will try; I think in a straight-out drag race, he won't beat Merlier, Ewan or vanAert, or possibly Cavendish either, but he can be consistent enough over the whole race to pick up points as he goes, and beat Colbrelli, Matthews, Sagan to the more "strategically" located intermediates.

There might even be a couple (10, 12, 13) that thread the needle of hard enough to drop Cav or Merlier, but easy enough for Demare to still be in there to sprint against Sagan and Colbrelli (and demanding enough that van Aert spends most of the day working for Roglic).

According to normally well informed slovakian cycling expert, who wrote on a forum on slovakian cycling web, Sagan+brother+personal masseur already signed contracts before TDF.

He didn't mentioned team.
He mentioned no one else included from Sagan's mates so only Sagan+2.

Of course it is not confirmation of anything, but the guy was around riders and staff during nationals last weekend.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Am I the only one who sees Total Energie as an awful choice for Sagan? I thought Bora or QS were a lot more likely and frankly much better choices (yes I know what Pat said, but he's hardly trustworthy when it comes to the stuff he says to the press).
Where are you getting Total Energie from?

I wouldn’t see it as an ideal move, but I wouldn’t have called him moving to NetApp Endura either. If the budget increases and the team has ambitions, it could work.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Wonder how banged up he is. That was a massive slide on his buttcheek. Ewans rear wheel provided kind of a buffer though. Weird how he kept hold of his handlebars all the way until standstill. Did the same in RVV with that famous 'jacket' crash.
Deep cuts and a big hematoma on his right hip. Green jersey challenge most likely over. Should just focus on getting a stage later in the race.

Reactions: dutchdescent

TRENDING THREADS