• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Phil Gaimon's Magic Cookies?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It was interesting that Cdale didn't keep him on their bikes. Mavic is DOA but Cdale, I mean, what could that have cost them? I would think his metrics are pretty good for the bike world. Yet again benched, or did they know something we don't?

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
veganrob said:
samhocking said:
Not followed this but didn't Vaughters say his issue is he is a glucose burner? ie short efforts he's made for.
JV also said Tom Danielson was a fat burner and a change of diet was all he needed. Maybe that was code for, needs more EPO. How ironic that PG and TD are best friends.
Besties, but dopers are evil, y'all. Just not TD. He's different.

I find it incredibly hypocritical that he says the WT is corrupt and dopers such yet he is mates with TD.

There is a guy in LA who got pinged and set some ripper times on Strava. His account is Thorfin and cookie man made it his life's mission to 'take back what was stolen by the dopers like Thorfin' yet why doesnt he go after TD's times or Zabriskie?? xD What a raging hypocrite.

I pointed this out to him and he blocked me and my gf on every social media outlet. I wasnt rude either just point by point and made references to his dove bar tattoo that says 'clean'.

Maybe someone can ask him for us 'Phil what does clean mean to you? Do you take stims, pain killers, asthma meds etc and call yourself clean or are you doing it on just cookies and water?'.

Apparently Tommy D has said a few times to others on rides that he doesnt think Phil is clean doing those watts at that weight. I mean it is very very impressive wattage today for someone who got kicked from the WT because they couldnt hold the wheel up a climb. Try to ride at 455w at 66kg or even 90kg and you blow up pretty quick.

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Phil became buddies with TD b/c at one warm up race in South America, Phil rode at the front and later took care of TD at the same race. It was Phil's one "world tour" validation and it was that experience forever endeared him to Danielson. Phil never really saw another significant start much less the front of a race like that, and TD despite winning trainings all around Girona, never could take his preparations and turn them into race results - another endearing commonality between the two. Hence, I think that is why TD gets a doping pass from Phil. Never mind TD was stealing roster spots and salary from the exact opportunity that riders like Phil lament so much because of dopers. That is the hypocrisy of their public relationship, to me. Its the average pro who's doping, particularly an American one, that's who possibly stole Phil's chance to race. A random euro based pro, doping to hold is position on a team and avoid the inevitability of a factory assembly line job is a role Phil would never be in line to assume. TD took jobs from riders like Phil.

momscookies said:
Phil became buddies with TD b/c at one warm up race in South America, Phil rode at the front and later took care of TD at the same race. It was Phil's one "world tour" validation and it was that experience forever endeared him to Danielson. Phil never really saw another significant start much less the front of a race like that, and TD despite winning trainings all around Girona, never could take his preparations and turn them into race results - another endearing commonality between the two. Hence, I think that is why TD gets a doping pass from Phil. Never mind TD was stealing roster spots and salary from the exact opportunity that riders like Phil lament so much because of dopers. That is the hypocrisy of their public relationship, to me. Its the average pro who's doping, particularly an American one, that's who possibly stole Phil's chance to race. A random euro based pro, doping to hold is position on a team and avoid the inevitability of a factory assembly line job is a role Phil would never be in line to assume. TD took jobs from riders like Phil.

That's just not true. Gaimon and TD got to know and like each other when they were training together for two weeks on Mount Lemmon in Tucson at the start of the 2013 season - while Gaimon was still a Conti rider. TD did hard rides there and Gaimon copied TD's training scheme. Somehow they then became buddies.

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Who really knows why TD and Phill are best buddies but what is true is TD took jobs from other Americans and that, I would think, would rub guys like Phill the wrong way more than "regular" dopers. But, its ok.

I don't think pg is technically out of the testing pool as he still does sanctioned competitions like Mt Evans Hill climb. He may not ever get tested in practice though.

When he was a pro he blogged about low T and taking herbal supps like tribulis terresterus. Now he's getting tested rarely if ever and his times are better, if anything. And then there's the connection with Tommy T (which is an annoyance if anything, I'm sure, as it sullies his clean rep and T is really easy to get anyway, and cheap if you have insurance). Draw your own conclusions.

durianrider said:
There is a guy in LA who got pinged and set some ripper times on Strava. His account is Thorfin and cookie man made it his life's mission to 'take back what was stolen by the dopers like Thorfin' yet why doesnt he go after TD's times or Zabriskie?? xD What a raging hypocrite.

Zabriskie has KOMs? PG did attempt to take down Levi's Flagstaff time in Boulder and Tommy's Mt Evans record (although that may not have been the actual intent, he did line up in that race). He failed on both counts. Turns out WT pro + dope > dope + dope. So PG mainly focuses on beating local yokels these days, or whatever sells YouTube ads. There's no higher mission here.

My favourite was the completely anti-climatic Cancellera challenge. Phil actually does a training camp at altitude to prepare. Of course he beats a 90 kilo not bothered, actually retired Cancellara up some Swiss climb.

When Fabian asks if Phil is training much, Phil sheepishly says, not really, maybe 10-12 hours a week which was a total lie. Totally embarrassed by the could give a ***, who are you again, WT legend.

Phil is obsessed by his failure at World Tour. The number of times he mentions "World Tour" pro and goes all goey when one graces his videos is telling. He's good enough to race the US domestic scene, but weirdly thinks it's below him while having no problem beating up masters every week in his local LA group rides.

Though I give him props for hating Hesjedal and Millar. Credit where credit's due.

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
How can i guy with a clean tattoo not dope. The hypocrisy is flagrant. The problem is he's beating pro rider s times. I realize its a shorter effort but some of the koms are more than 30mins and his watts are way up there. He rubs me the wrong way, kinda like Lemond doe. Hypocrits

Sep 23, 2018
Visit site
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
hrotha said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
Meanwhile, far away, Riccardo Riccò has found inner peace in selling ice cream, in order to take his mind off the bike completely. I admire that approach a lot more than Gaimon's endless cookies public freak-show
That might not be a fair comparison, considering the years Riccò devoted to his own and much worse freak show.
Riccò still talks about his big comeback for the 2023 season, and making his own team if necessary if he doesn't get a contract. Riccò is one of the most-obsessed in modern cycling, that is true.
But he's just kidding and deep down has accepted that he should chill out in the ice cream parlor
500 watts is 500 watts. If you can hold that for 10 mins thats impressive, for 20 its crazy for 30 you win the tour

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

proffate said:
durianrider said:

Zabriskie has KOMs? PG did attempt to take down Levi's Flagstaff time in Boulder and Tommy's Mt Evans record (although that may not have been the actual intent, he did line up in that race). He failed on both counts. Turns out WT pro + dope > dope + dope. So PG mainly focuses on beating local yokels these days, or whatever sells YouTube ads. There's no higher mission here.

Right, so he cant beat Levi's times, or TD's...but faster than ever, so doping?
I hope you recognize that this makes not a lot of sense.

Youre basically saying that if he weighs the same as a duck, he's made of wood, and therefore, a witch.

Mentioned in another post but: Phil makes crazy power and is super fit...but not fit or powerful enough to smash WT guys during a WT race.
He can smash efforts when he hasnt ridden for 3-4 hours beforehand tho.
I dont know if he is clean, or is taking 3 grams of Test a week, and I dont care.
It's just hard to understand why anyone would bag on the guy for making a living on Youtube riding his bicycle.

We are now watching faster WT times on climbs in 2019 than in the last 15 years, and this Youtube dude is suspect?

.Froomestrong. said:
I dont know if he is clean, or is taking 3 grams of Test a week, and I dont care.
It's just hard to understand why anyone would bag on the guy for making a living on Youtube riding his bicycle.

It's pretty clear you care, or else why are you here on this forum making posts about the subject? His livelihood is made as a public figure, hence it is fair game to criticize him. It's not like anyone here is stalking a private individual who shies away from the spotlight.

rick james said:
SHAD0W93 said:
I think it is perfectly fair to criticize him because he is constantly stating he wants to fight dopers or people he thinks cheats. If he is actually cheating himself that makes him a hypocrite.

but you don't know that, like most things in here, its all guess work

I know that but it was in response to the post above stating he doesn't know why people will criticize Phil. As of now he is innocent but people are entitled to criticize him based on their opinion they believe he is cheating even though he is against it.

SHAD0W93 said:
rick james said:
SHAD0W93 said:
I think it is perfectly fair to criticize him because he is constantly stating he wants to fight dopers or people he thinks cheats. If he is actually cheating himself that makes him a hypocrite.

I know that but it was in response to the post above stating he doesn't know why people will criticize Phil. As of now he is innocent but people are entitled to criticize him based on their opinion they believe he is cheating even though he is against it.

you understand he's not a Pro cyclist so he can do whatever he wants?

rick james said:
SHAD0W93 said:
rick james said:
SHAD0W93 said:

you understand he's not a Pro cyclist so he can do whatever he wants?

Do you undertand that he is calling out people as dopers and cheaters? That by doing so and if he is doing the same thing as them that makes him a hypocrite.

TRENDING THREADS