• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Phil Gaimon's Magic Cookies?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

hrotha said:
He's not doing the same thing unless he's competing, though. Doping by definition requires anti-doping rules. If none apply to him, he's not doping.

Maybe I'm out of touch but wouldn't that still be the same thing if he was racing or not even though the only body that will test him is of his own doing? If any pro uses a drug that is considered doping and some random joe uses it to boost their performance, does that not equal the same result besides he is not competing.

Re: Re:

SHAD0W93 said:
hrotha said:
He's not doing the same thing unless he's competing, though. Doping by definition requires anti-doping rules. If none apply to him, he's not doping.

Maybe I'm out of touch but wouldn't that still be the same thing if he was racing or not even though the only body that will test him is of his own doing? If any pro uses a drug that is considered doping and some random joe uses it to boost their performance, does that not equal the same result besides he is not competing.

It's completely different - I'm surprised you would think otherwise.

SHAD0W93 said:
hrotha said:

Ask Durianrider.
He s the amateur past or present doper who started this thread.
Guy made quote friends with Phil and proceeded to make a video during which he was dropped like a rock on a climb in Australia and claimed his buddy is on the juice.

red_flanders said:
hrotha said:

If my training partner is taking EPO and testosterone, he's doping. It's certainly against zero rules, but it's still doping.
He's taking PEDs and being a tool. He's not doping or robbing you of your livelihood.

hrotha said:
red_flanders said:
hrotha said:

If my training partner is taking EPO and testosterone, he's doping. It's certainly against zero rules, but it's still doping.
He's taking PEDs and being a tool. He's not doping or robbing you of your livelihood.

Cheating is cheating to me. Robbing you? Pro cyclists can surely go get another job. If you cheat you're a scumbag one way or the other.

Re:

hrotha said:
what do you think phil would say if I straight up asked him if he was using PEDs? He's at least a liar who stakes his entire livelihood on a lie, if nothing else.

hrotha said:
red_flanders said:
hrotha said:

No, he's certainly not robbing me or anyone. But he's doping. He's taking dope to enhance his performance.

What it isn't is cheating or robbing.

proffate said:
.Froomestrong. said:
I dont "know" that Phil is clean, but I can suggest that there is absolutely nothing for him to gain by doping now. No one cares if he gets KoM's, and his income isnt dependent on it.

same argument applies to masters racers, who we all know as a general rule are clean as a whistle!
OK, I hear your tongue-in-cheek and raise you: master riders aren't doping to win, they are just trying to improve their quality of life! :rolleyes: :lol:

58411134_139945400460200_4327561921363054359_n.jpg

474w for 11.5 minutes at 66kg...

Recently on instagram he got caught out for lying about the fact he rides an open mold bike from http://www.lightcarbon.com. The model is the LCR007v and he tried to make a few of his fans feel guility for pointing that out. He said they were trolls and lying to get some fame. Google images clearly shows us that the LCR007v is indeed the very same frameset that he rides. It is made by lightcarbon.com in Xaimen China and sold to a few different western brands who add on a few grand to the rrp.

So he lied about his chinese open mould bike so why not lie about other stuff that is easier to hide? I used to think he was sort of ok, just another fake LA type personality but now I don't rate him half a banana peel.

@durianrider
I could be way off base, but at this point I think people are more interested in your obsession with Gaimon rather than whether or not he is on the gear.
Did he bang your wife or girlfriend (qm)
Any theories I have for your obsession will remain undisclosed because I am not a doctor, and it would be unfair to speculate.
Just one question: You have admitted in the past you used steroids out of competition because you were curious to feel the results. Fair enough.
Why are you on this mission to expose an ex-pro who is trying to make a living riding his bike wearing a cookie uniform (qm)
Oh yeah, just as an aside, a couple years ago you said you would give anyone 10 thousand dollars if they could make you a better person. You were adamant, so I took you up on the offer. I mean, even if I wasn't successful we would have spent a couple days riding, shooting the schit, eating some mangoes and drinking Sprite; so it seemed like a win win situation in that no one would lose.
But you didn't respond. Sigh.

the delgados said:
@durianrider
I could be way off base, but at this point I think people are more interested in your obsession with Gaimon rather than whether or not he is on the gear.
Any theories I have for your obsession will remain undisclosed because I am not a doctor, and it would be unfair to speculate.
Just one question: You have admitted in the past you used steroids out of competition because you were curious to feel the results. Fair enough.
Why are you on this mission to expose an ex-pro who is trying to make a living riding his bike wearing a cookie uniform (qm)
Oh yeah, just as an aside, a couple years ago you said you would give anyone 10 thousand dollars if they could make you a better person. You were adamant, so I took you up on the offer. I mean, even if I wasn't successful we would have spent a couple days riding, shooting the schit, eating some mangoes and drinking Sprite; so it seemed like a win win situation in that no one would lose.

Why is he so obsessed about Thorfin Sassquatch? I talk with Thorfin and he says he has never even met Phil but cookie man went on this incredible tirade of slander against him.

Ive ridden with Phil and seen his mutant watts first hand. Ive never seen anything like it and Ive ridden hard rides with many pro's over the last 20 years from Lance to Cadel to Froome and Valverde. Hard rides, not beach cruises. Rides so hard I wasnt the first person to get dropped, team riders got dropped because they were out of condition or couldnt be assed riding so hard. Ive taken PED's before out of competition and know what is natural and what is not. You can see it in peoples legs. Ive got a couple of friends who have used EPO and didn't tell me until after I called them out on it privately. If it looks too good to be true then it is regarding performances.

I just find it really curious how a guy with a soap bar tattoo is riding EPO watts per kg and flipping off so hard at anyone who points out the obvious when he has made his new career on being the 'call out guy'. I find it all interesting and after he insulted me publicaly for asking him private questions I guess Ive slipped into a WWE style banter match.

Cookie man didn't score anyone I know. The chicks I know wouldn't find a guy with arms skinny than theirs attractive. Each to their own though.

Natasha told me if I got as skinny cookie man then Im sleeping on the sofa lol.

This is my gf Natasha.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvxo_jFlCde/

PS the 10k offer still stands for anyone who could transform my life to something radically better than it is today. I don't see how that is possible though. Can you think how it could be better?

durianrider said:
PS the 10k offer still stands for anyone who could transform my life to something radically better than it is today. I don't see how that is possible though. Can you think how it could be better?

Spend less time having idiotic squabbles on the internet? Going out on a limb...

Definitely your gf is smoking hot. Kudos.

durianrider said:
the delgados said:
@durianrider

Why is he so obsessed about Thorfin Sassquatch? I talk with Thorfin and he says he has never even met Phil but cookie man went on this incredible tirade of slander against him.

Ive ridden with Phil and seen his mutant watts first hand. Ive never seen anything like it and Ive ridden hard rides with many pro's over the last 20 years from Lance to Cadel to Froome and Valverde. Hard rides, not beach cruises. Rides so hard I wasnt the first person to get dropped, team riders got dropped because they were out of condition or couldnt be assed riding so hard. Ive taken PED's before out of competition and know what is natural and what is not. You can see it in peoples legs. Ive got a couple of friends who have used EPO and didn't tell me until after I called them out on it privately. If it looks too good to be true then it is regarding performances.

I just find it really curious how a guy with a soap bar tattoo is riding EPO watts per kg and flipping off so hard at anyone who points out the obvious when he has made his new career on being the 'call out guy'. I find it all interesting and after he insulted me publicaly for asking him private questions I guess Ive slipped into a WWE style banter match.

Cookie man didn't score anyone I know. The chicks I know wouldn't find a guy with arms skinny than theirs attractive. Each to their own though.

Natasha told me if I got as skinny cookie man then Im sleeping on the sofa lol.

This is my gf Natasha.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvxo_jFlCde/

You said you d float 10 grand to anyone who could make you a better person.
Send me ten grand and you will be considered the best person ever.

Phil placed 60th in the Belgian Waffle Ride recently. Tough race, but he was an hour behind the winner. Maybe he boosts for Strava glory but by all accounts he's not exactly trimming the field in the events he's participating in.

He seems like a guy who is not particularly suited to host his own show, which brings a different meaning to what it s called. He kinda comes across as self-absorbed, what with constantly interrupting those he is speaking with, jokes that fall flat, etc.
Not my cup of tea, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Good on him for being able to make a living doing what he s doing.
Speaking of audience, I was intrigued to hear he has tentative plans to make the 2020 Olympic track team, so I moseyed on over to see a video featuring Phil riding the track for the first time in more than a decade.
Seems he picked up right where he left off and posted times in the 4 km pursuit that would have won medals in previous Olympics.
Whaddaya know!
What started as a lark has now become his focus.
Best of luck, buddy!

TRENDING THREADS