• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Whoa! Ok... I thought this was spam until I saw who wrote it. :rolleyes:

No phone, just telegraph. I've also got a smaller version for the jersey pocket, but it seems they're burying all the land lines so there's no where to hook up. Ah, I don't mind. Never liked climbing up 100 ft. telephone poles to use it anyway.
telegraph1.jpg

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Original iPhone. Can't live without a smartphone type phone. A 3Gs would be nice but O2 don't care about their existing customers so I don't care to spend £300+ on a phone.

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
I am one of these old-fashioned people who uses a mobile phone to make calls and send text messages, nothing more.

Mine is a Samsung, I think.

By the way, a mobile phone is called a "handy" in Germany.

Susan

same here, although limited internet, and some music is useful..

ericsson w810i, admittedly with 4gb memory card of music, and opera for internet (unless of course you want to go to CN.. ;))

had ericcsons for about the last ten years, before that a phillips savvy..

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
I am one of these old-fashioned people who uses a mobile phone to make calls and send text messages, nothing more.

Susan

laugh.gif

(sprry, mind of a 3 year old and all that)

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
nokia n82. i started using nokia's sportstracker software with it so i've been using that lately instead of my garmin forerunner for tracking my rides. i just stick it in a tupperware in my jersey pocket or hydration pack to keep it from getting wet.

A

Anonymous

Hugh Januss said:
Does he have a really big custom toilet or does he just sit with his knees up at ear level?

Dude, you just blew my mind. I never had never even thought about that before, but man, it would suck to sit on a regular toilet if you were that size...

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Friend of Ned Lud here.I just can not understand the phone/digital hand held gadgetry bit.

I must confess I did buy a Trakfone. It has been turned off since I've had it. I use it for emergencies.

I never was one for hanging on the telephone. I see it as almost rude. For me, a phone is a tool to make arrangement to see someone in person if you want to talk more than a couple of minutes.

Hugh Januss said:
Does he have a really big custom toilet or does he just sit with his knees up at ear level?

Thoughtforfood said:
Dude, you just blew my mind. I never had never even thought about that before, but man, it would suck to sit on a regular toilet if you were that size...

Thanks for the picture guys and i think i feel a new thread coming on;) oh wait that is just me feeling the need to reverse one out:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:

Susan

Wie ist deine handynummer?:D

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty young to be an old fart, but I hate using a phone for anything but a phone call. I have to carry one for work, can't tell you what it is. Motorolla maybe? I dunno... it's grey in any event. I think texting has become a social disease. And I have to stop myself from swatting those morons who sit beside you at the airport and yell to themselves while wearing those ridiculous little bluetooth earpieces. Guess I am an old fart.

LOVE the term 'a handy'. In Canada that would cause one to think of something far better than a bloody phone. Those Germans are priceless.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
ak-zaaf said:
Nokia N73.
If it wasn't my only camera I'd start using my old Nokia 8210 again.

I had one of those pieces of ****, put me off Nokia once and for all.

Now I've got a Sony-Erickson 770i and the only thing I can complain about is sometimes it seems a little too small.

TRENDING THREADS