Photography thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wow, good question and I don't really know. There's certainly a mix in this forest. Mostly pine, doug fir, and redwood but those look like hardwoods. There's madrone back there, as well as tan oak and coast live oak. I'm guessing those are one of the latter varieties.
Gotta love a rider who knows his trees!

How come you haven't been posting any pics in your own thread lately?

Reactions: red_flanders
Ducks really aren't rare in Eugene, but it's been about 15 years since I saw any in my backyard. (Back then it was a mama duck marching through with her baby ducks, it was just too cute.) Recently I've been seeing a mallard couple drop by to feed on some bird food, it was hard to get a pic without disturbing them, so (once again) my pics are blurry.

Unfortunately we're having our fence redone, so Toby the Dog and the neighbor's dog (who is a bird hunting dog) will have free reign over our respective backyards, so they might scare the mallards off. This would be a major bummer because I'm sure the mallards will have babies this spring, but at least I managed to capture a memory of the lovely couple.

One more photo of Oregon's birdlife - finches (and/or chickadees) definitely aren't rare in Eugene and this one I actually held in my hand. The poor guy flew into a windowpane and temporarily knocked himself out, so I took him in, made a little bed for him, and kept his surroundings quiet. About 20 minutes he came around and flew merrily on his way - fly little bird, fly!

Last edited:
Another photo of the local mallard pair - wheeeee, girl mallard's boyfriend is back! :D

Long story short the female mallard has been showing up alone pretty regularly for feeding, but the male had been MIA for several weeks now. I thought maybe he got injured or even killed, but here he is this morning (or at least it's a male), I find myself lucky to have captured this pose. (Also, I'm really really giddy the pic didn't turn out too blurry like usual! :tearsofjoy:)

Reactions: red_flanders

ASK THE COMMUNITY