Podium behaviour poll

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Do you think Sagan’s behaviour on the podium wrong?

  • No - I like him even more after this.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
mewmewmew13 said:
"puritans" lol

it is obvious when people do not get. it.
it comes with maturity
when you're happy and you know it - that's a sin!
look, it was a joke on a wrong place and in a wrong time. people use to do this on the discos frequently i think.
 
Mar 13, 2009
5,246
0
0
Martin said:
when you're happy and you know it - that's a sin!
look, it was a joke on a wrong place and in a wrong time. people use to do this on the discos frequently i think.
Agree - Sagan got the time and place all wrong. In a disco it would have been appropriate, I grope girls' behinds there all the time and no one has ever complained to me.... except sometimes their boyfriends :eek:
 
Apr 7, 2013
189
0
0
Christian said:
Agree - Sagan got the time and place all wrong. In a disco it would have been appropriate, I grope girls' behinds there all the time and no one has ever complained to me.... except sometimes their boyfriends :eek:
And girls in the clubs are actually scantily dressed, the podium girl wasn't scantily dressed as some reported. FYI calling it disco's shows a persons age
 
wiggos sideburn said:
And girls in the clubs are actually scantily dressed, the podium girl wasn't scantily dressed as some reported. FYI calling it disco's shows a persons age
he called it disco because in his native language its called disco...it has nothing to do with age:p
 
Apr 2, 2013
769
0
0
Kopuliak said:
did asked someone these poor men, if they like to be kissing from strange girls every time ? Or if their girlfriends/wifes like it ?

well dear puritans and feminists, I think it's closed case

Your advocacy for removing podium girls would be better served in this thread.


Boeing said:
He's behaving like its the XGames. Which is fine. Out with the old moral code and in with the new. Is the music too loud grandpa?
We often see in other sports (motorcycling etc.) the podium girls getting sprayed with champagne, this is not something which should be seen in cycling.

mewmewmew13 said:
"puritans" lol

it is obvious when people do not get. it.
it comes with maturity
Unfortunately many go through their whole lives without realising their actions are degrading to others.

wiggos sideburn said:
And girls in the clubs are actually scantily dressed, the podium girl wasn't scantily dressed as some reported. FYI calling it disco's shows a persons age
Also important to note that this happened in a place of work and not in a club where although not necessarily acceptable at least you will be talking/flirting with the person.
 
Apr 7, 2013
189
0
0
The Principal Sheep said:
Also important to note that this happened in a place of work and not in a club where although not necessarily acceptable at least you will be talking/flirting with the person.
Yeah it was a joke, as I read a couple of articles saying how scantily dressed the podium girls are and considering I'm at university I found that quite funny
 
Morten said:
I see a lot of people here offended on behalf of the poor girl. Did anyone even bother to ask her, what she thought of it? In the end it's only her opinion that really matters.
Her feelings on the incident have been revealed many days ago and are posted somewhere in this thread or the other related thread. Essentially she wasn't welcoming of Sagan's actions and made it known to the media.

In the end it's not only her opinion that matters when Sagan is representing his team, sponsors, and the sport itself when he's wearing his team kit and taking part in any related event. If only her opinion mattered and had she approved of it, then what message would that have sent out to those watching that most public of ceremonies as the podium awards of a major cycling event? Would UCI have explained it as "Well, the podium girl had no problem with it so neither do we"? Would Cannondale have taken the same approach in explaining to all the different shop owners that their product is carried who have female (and male) customers who just may have had an issue with their response (or non-response)?
 
Aug 9, 2010
6,264
0
0
Kopuliak said:

In modern usage, the word puritan is often used to describe someone who is strict in matters of sexual morality, disapproves of recreation, and wishes to impose these beliefs on others.


It's about you.
lol!

a stern and clairvoyant comment oh yes

that is me so perfectly
sorry...time to go tighten my chastity belt :D
 
Oct 30, 2011
2,642
0
0
Kopuliak said:

In modern usage, the word puritan is often used to describe someone who is strict in matters of sexual morality, disapproves of recreation, and wishes to impose these beliefs on others.


It's about you.
What a stupid comment.

What somebody deems acceptable with consent and acceptable without consent are two completely different things. Trying to suggest that Mew is some kind of prude because she happens to think consent is important here is both childish and offensive. You (and, for that matter, I) have pretty much no idea how much or little she thinks is acceptable between two consenting adults. For that reason I suggest you not comment on it.
 
Oct 30, 2011
2,642
0
0
The Principal Sheep said:
Also important to note that this happened in a place of work and not in a club where although not necessarily acceptable at least you will be talking/flirting with the person.
For sure. If you're getting off with someone, for example, then I think it's not absurd to assume consent. If you happen to be standing on a podium with them, then I think it is.
 
Aug 9, 2010
6,264
0
0
WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO WHEN YOU CAN'T PINCH OR GROPE A STRANGER IN PUBLIC??...

You mean...I CAN"T walk up to a strange guy and grab his crotch or bum and chuckle and say "haha it's just a joke" ???







I'm movin' on......:cool:
 
Oct 30, 2011
2,642
0
0
wiggos sideburn said:
it's been nearly 2 weeks since this happened, yet this thread is still going. Time to get over it
It's two weeks since it happened but the culture in which it happened and in which things like this are tolerated by some is still alive. That is why I will not be "getting over it". I'll forget it, but when I remember it, I still won't think this type of behaviour is just a non-issue.
 
May 28, 2012
2,779
0
0
Caruut said:
It's two weeks since it happened but the culture in which it happened and in which things like this are tolerated by some is still alive. That is why I will not be "getting over it". I'll forget it, but when I remember it, I still won't think this type of behaviour is just a non-issue.
There are many other places to discuss that general issue, this is still pro road racing section. The whole Sagan thing is getting a little outdated as well.

 
Aug 5, 2012
2,290
0
0
Also nobody is forcing you to read this thread people, so just avoid clicking on it if you are bored with it.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,845
0
0
Caruut said:
It's two weeks since it happened but the culture in which it happened and in which things like this are tolerated by some is still alive. That is why I will not be "getting over it". I'll forget it, but when I remember it, I still won't think this type of behaviour is just a non-issue.
It's not as big an issue as your making it out to be, at this point your one of the very few that still cares about it. Time to move on, it happened, Sagan apologized for it numerous times, it's over. Everyone else has stopped caring about it. Time to move on.
 
No this thread has not yet run its course because every day another airhead comes with another idiotic comment which looks something like

A - Maja didnt care about it, she isn't in a relationship and she wants to have 20 children with Sagan so why dont the Liberal commie pinko feminists shut up about it
B- Here is a picture of some guy and some girl and though we dont know what the context is and it almost certainly is different to the Sagan one, you guys are hypocrites if you dont condemn this picture i found on google with the same vigor you condemned Sagan
C It was a joke. He is young and if you are young and want to be funny you can do whatever you want to women, its not like they are people or anything.
D - Only Maja's opinion matters. People have no right to voice their opinion on anything unless they themselves are the direct victim


All of which fail to understand the controversy on all levels and all of which clearly demonstrate that the people who can't get over it are those who find nothing wrong with sexual harrasment. Because they just cant stand the fact that there are people out there who would deny them the right to watch their favorite celebrities tread over women's rights for a laugh.

Until these people A learn something about equality, or B get over the fact that a substancial % of the population and the law disagree with their caveman views, this thread will continue.

And why not. Some of these comments quite funny in their stupidity. Much like Ryo.
 
The Hitch said:
A - Maja didnt care about it, she isn't in a relationship and she wants to have 20 children with Sagan so why dont the Liberal commie pinko feminists shut up about it
B- Here is a picture of some guy and some girl and though we dont know what the context is and it almost certainly is different to the Sagan one, you guys are hypocrites if you dont condemn this picture i found on google with the same vigor you condemned Sagan
C It was a joke. He is young and if you are young and want to be funny you can do whatever you want to women, its not like they are people or anything.
D - Only Maja's opinion matters. People have no right to voice their opinion on anything unless they themselves are the direct victim
I agree with all these points, at least partially, especially points A and B. C and D are definitely twisted.

And by the way, I feel disturbing people like you need to remark so vigurously such a STUPID*STUPID*STUPID*STUPID*(did I say STUPID?) thing, in a way that feels almost voyeuristic.

If there's some wrongdoing in Sagan's behaviour, people like you definitely surpassed it with this obsessive and compulsive attitude.
 
Pippo_San said:
I agree with all these points.

And by the way, I feel disturbing people like you need to remark so vigurously such a STUPID*STUPID*STUPID*STUPID*(did I say STUPID?) thing, in a way that feels almost voyeuristic.

If there's some wrongdoing in Sagan's behaviour, people like you definitely surpassed it with this obsessive and compulsive attitude.

What obsessive and compulsive attitude. Im the one who let the discussion die. You and your lot were the ones who keep coming back again and again to express sexual frustrations. That we then respond to the attacks you make is perfectly ok by all laws of god and man.
 
The Hitch said:
What obsessive and compulsive attitude. Im the one who let the discussion die. You and your lot were the ones who keep coming back again and again to express sexual frustrations. That we then respond to the attacks you make is perfectly ok by all laws of god and man.
Oh me and my lot. RACISM!!!
SOMEONE HELP!!!

You see? Come on. This is the same ****ing game.
That's ridiculous. Enough with this ****.

All the exposition this girl had for what happened surely will make her future just that little bit brighter.
In the end, everyone wins. Sagan, because he always wins, and the girl. The losers are the ones who keep talking trash in this forum (and everywhere else).

That's all that matters.
 
Aug 5, 2012
2,290
0
0
Pippo_San said:
All the exposition this girl had for what happened surely will make her future just that little bit brighter.
Do you realise how bad this sounds, she needs some guy to pinch her *** to help her future out.
 
Aug 9, 2010
6,264
0
0
The Hitch said:
No this thread has not yet run its course because every day another airhead comes with another idiotic comment which looks something like

A - Maja didnt care about it, she isn't in a relationship and she wants to have 20 children with Sagan so why dont the Liberal commie pinko feminists shut up about it
B- Here is a picture of some guy and some girl and though we dont know what the context is and it almost certainly is different to the Sagan one, you guys are hypocrites if you dont condemn this picture i found on google with the same vigor you condemned Sagan
C It was a joke. He is young and if you are young and want to be funny you can do whatever you want to women, its not like they are people or anything.
D - Only Maja's opinion matters. People have no right to voice their opinion on anything unless they themselves are the direct victim


All of which fail to understand the controversy on all levels and all of which clearly demonstrate that the people who can't get over it are those who find nothing wrong with sexual harrasment. Because they just cant stand the fact that there are people out there who would deny them the right to watch their favorite celebrities tread over women's rights for a laugh.

Until these people A learn something about equality, or B get over the fact that a substancial % of the population and the law disagree with their caveman views, this thread will continue.

And why not. Some of these comments quite funny in their stupidity. Much like Ryo.
Chapeau
...........
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY