• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Podium behaviour poll

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Do you think Sagan’s behaviour on the podium wrong?

• No - I like him even more after this.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I finally think a cool guy like Sagan is good for cycling... He´s relaxed, a hard and humourous man.

Just the opposite of Cancellara, who is the successor of Armstrong in being the most non-likeable rider in the peloton.

rhubroma said:
Not by the male Romanian stats, if that's any indication between an eastern-western Euro divide in terms of gender relations.

Dear Sir,

I hope you are joking. Mixing Slavics and Romanians together by European location is like mixing Italians and Albanians ( south ) or Valons and Germans ( west ).

WTF your Romanian stats say anyway?

sexual harassment on the poduim. damn women, these guys have families! :mad:
hostesky-347407.jpg

SKSemtex said:
Dear Sir,

I hope you are joking. Mixing Slavics and Romanians together by European location is like mixing Italians and Albanians ( south ) or Valons and Germans ( west ).

WTF your Romanian stats say anyway?

Well there may be more to it than meets the eye, but I don’t know. For example, as far as southern Italians and Albanians go there probably are some similarities in terms of a certain machismo and patriarchal world view. Certainly the two share more in common than say between Italians and Scandinavians.

At any rate what I was responding to was the premise that Italian men are probably more sexist than Slovakians that was suggested by someone within a greater discussion of eastern vs. western European gender relations, for which it was hypothesized that eastern Euro men haven't culturally assimilated the same gender equality standards as their counterparts in most western states. Supposedly the persistent influence of religious orthodoxy, an under-developed male mindset as a result and a less marked feminism in these states would account for the east's lack of cultural "advancement" in this regard.

How true any of this is, though, I really couldn't say and I was merely being sarcastic in indicating Romanian men as an example of proof that such a problem exists within eastern European manhood. For the Romanian men who have immigrated to the West have obtained a notorious reputation of being particularly sexist and even violent toward women, at least the numerous instances of female violence and rape involving Romanian men in Italy have caused such a perception. Whereas there are certainly many Italian men who are more sensitive to the gentler sex than their reputation for machismo would otherwise imply.

Though again mine was simply a sarcastic response meant to provoke, which it apparently did with you.

Funny and I like Sagan more and I voted.

It's good someone got it on film and shared it. It's funny. And it's funny that it makes some people squirm funny. Before You know it, We grow up and become old. Be young while You can. And it's 2013, what Sagan did is tame for this day and age. He didn't touch Her in places which would be more controversial.

Humor, good.

The photoshopped pics are funny too.

The responses from women are great.

As posted by jissib
Just to silence some white knights, these are the female responses on Peter's facebook (and before you accuse me of it, yes, I actually spent the last 15 minutes collecting all posts by women on FB):

Women envied her )))))
seconded, Helen!!!
I am 54,I would like it from peter
I definitely wouldn't complain
Me neither
you can grab mine anytime xx
The look on Peter's face while he was doing that is priceless!!!!
In my opinion it was not necessary to apologize for that! It was so obvious a joke! Btw, I'm a girl, married, a mum, and I have a great sense of humor! You did not do anything wrong!
You're young and it was funny
It was good !
Peter you are #1!
You really entertained me Congratulations
You make me proud to be Slovakian- don't worry about what others say!
U are awesome .... as well as your jokes!
Don't apologize! I am always like you Peter!! Always funny!!!!!! )))
Peter you are simply the best!
Lighten up. Probably the same people complained who complained at the TDF last year
Hahahahahaa sei grande......
Forget what others think your amazing well done today we love you
I Think she like it Also and jou are I young Guy!
I had a good laugh )
Peter you are the man! Screw the others!
It was funny, don't care what people say
That was unprofessional but totally funny
Oh, o, Peter. Remember to keep your hands to yourself : )
This was amazing haha. Don't change anything, remain your funny self. And win Amstel Gold ofcourse
I don't know I think it's funny. Maybe she liked the attention?
I still like you anyway...

Oooh, if only I could stand there, I would love it! It was cute, don't worry Peter!
ha ha ha

Really, the only girl that could complain is the podium girl involved and she didn't. I don't really understand why some other women (or men for that matter) feel like they have to "defend her honor" when she doesn't feel that way herself.

The GCW said:
It's good someone got it on film and shared it. It's funny. And it's funny that it makes some people squirm funny. Before You know it, We grow up and become old. Be young while You can. And it's 2013, what Sagan did is tame for this day and age. He didn't touch Her in places which would be more controversial.

Humor, good.

The photoshopped pics are funny too.

The responses from women are great.
The response from the woman that matters most was a little bit different. Despite idiotic comments from a bunch of you earlier saying she probably had nothing against it.

rhubroma said:
Call me stupid, but can someone put up a pic of the infamous shirt?

It's somewhere in this thread I think, but I'm too lazy to look it up for you. ;)

It's a plain blue shirt with large white-colored (if I remember correctly) writing on it saying:

My ****

+

your *****

=

a good time

or something like that.

eta: ah, ninja'ed already. ;)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
saganftw said:
de-lau-doet-een-sagannekke-id4335504-1000x800-n.jpg

she is clearly devastated

He didn't pinch here, he was pretending to do so.

And yes, she thought it was inappropriate (from Sagan). And the only reason she didn't turn around and slapped him in the face was because millions of people were watching.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
The podium incident I saw as a misguided attempt at humour as I’m sure is the pathetically juvenile t-shirt, however they are certainly a red flag that the person has a vulgar attitude and/or a lack of decency.

We often talk of Sagan as a young racing phenom but at 23 years of age he cannot be excused lacking maturity and civility and hopefully the team will do more to help educate him in such matters as he grows into adulthood in what I presume is a largely male dominated life.

The Principal Sheep said:
The podium incident I saw as a misguided attempt at humour as I’m sure is the pathetically juvenile t-shirt, however they are certainly a red flag that the person has a vulgar attitude and/or a lack of decency.

We often talk of Sagan as a young racing phenom but at 23 years of age he cannot be excused lacking maturity and civility and hopefully the team will do more to help educate him in such matters as he grows into adulthood in what I presume is a largely male dominated life.

Have you ever met him. Have you ever spoken to him? How dare you?

TRENDING THREADS