• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll HV vs Floyd

Who wins in Email Echanges

• HV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
131313 said:
Floyd wins the day with this salutation:

"Thanks again Floyd Landis Yellow Jersey Wearer: Nuisance Category"

pure gold, Jerry, pure gold...

You just know Hein's sitting at home all frustrated because he has finally thought up the perfect comeback line, but now Floyd has lawyers, so Heiny can't send his email about the jerk store after all. :p :D

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Floyd can't get a job. VB is retired with with a nice pension..Landis is the looooser anyway you look at it.It's good that Landis is now listening to his parents he will be living in their basement soon..maybe he grow his hair like Joe Dirt

A

Anonymous

fatandfast said:
Floyd can't get a job. VB is retired with with a nice pension..Landis is the looooser anyway you look at it.It's good that Landis is now listening to his parents he will be living in their basement soon..maybe he grow his hair like Joe Dirt

Ahhh, the sour grapes of the fanboy...sweet music to my ears.

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:

Just polling about the emails my friend, but how many bike races has HV been in? How long was he on the protour? In my book Floyd has lived a better life. Bet you HV is jealous of all the racers on some level.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
carl spackler said:
Just polling about the emails my friend, but how many bike races has HV been in? How long was he on the protour? In my book Floyd has lived a better life. Bet you HV is jealous of all the racers on some level.

You have to understand bike racing first. Most cyclists make no money and their names have no impact on the sport or it's history. Landis was a good racer in more than one area. He was a good team mate and many racers have said so. He did not make the transition off the bike... he exploded. no coaching job..no helping young cyclists as he promised when he joined Bahati. No records, no awards everything gone because he pursued his lie for years on end and used millions of money got through dishonest means. The people holding up stop signs (as in every race in Europe) are important. The people setting up and tearing down the start finish line, the officials and race organizers are all really,really important to bike racing. There are many people who have never pinned on a number or swung a leg over a bicycle that are more important to bike racing than Landis will ever be. The first thing most racers have to get over is that the guy with the Santa Claus gut that is your director or coach may have more cycling knowledge under his fingernails than many riders will ever obtain. The fact that Landis is young and seaming in the know is your first mistake. His every action shows he knows squat about the way to be a success in bike racing..it's about what you do not what you say. 1 guy, a long and respected career the other a flash in the pan convicted,discredited drug cheat..even a bad hip was not Floyd's downfall it was his Lima bean sized brain. There are lots of examples of guys that are doing great things for cycling without racing..Miguel Idurian is a good start. His positive impact on the sport will be far greater off the bike than it was while he was racing..Landis is a black mark in anything he is involved in

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:

Floyd is in his, what, mid thirties, and free of a tremendous weight.

HV is a miserable 69 year old fraudulent scumbag hiding the truth.

Which one would you rather be?

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I would think that if this case actually goes somewhere, than Floyd will at least have been the catalyst that brought down the biggest visible fraud in the modern history of this sport. Note I said catalyst, not the only reason. That, alone, seems to make him a very important (not necessarily successful) cyclist- obviously not as rich as HV, but possibly far more important. There is more to success than acquiring material wealth. And his “lima bean sized brain” just put HV to shame in this simple regard.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Deagol said:
I would think that if this case actually goes somewhere, than Floyd will at least have been the catalyst that brought down the biggest visible fraud in the modern history of this sport. Note I said catalyst, not the only reason. That, alone, seems to make him a very important (not necessarily successful) cyclist- obviously not as rich as HV, but possibly far more important. There is more to success than acquiring material wealth. And his “lima bean sized brain” just put HV to shame in this simple regard.

The case is actually multiple inquiries. If the cases conclude that Landis has told but yet another lie..then he will have a place in modern history. Wealth is not the measure of a man agreed..I think one guy has a list of screw ups over a 69 year period and Landis has sprinted to the head of the line in half the time. So if it's a who is the biggest cycling screw up ..Landis is leaving his competition in the dust. If Armstrong gets popped for an offense of some kind.. you can hardly see where his will be a greater screw up than Landis'. The UCI have already stated that Lance's victories are part of an unchangeable history. I hope that you are not saying that a a tweet or email written by Landis some how makes him the better of the 2 men.1 guy can go to an cycling race or event worldwide and get VIP treatment the other can't go to Europe for fear of arrest..he left that out of his wit filled retort

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
fatandfast said:
The case is actually multiple inquiries. If the cases conclude that Landis has told but yet another lie..then he will have a place in modern history. Wealth is not the measure of a man agreed..I think one guy has a list of screw ups over a 69 year period and Landis has sprinted to the head of the line in half the time. So if it's a who is the biggest cycling screw up ..Landis is leaving his competition in the dust. If Armstrong gets popped for an offense of some kind.. you can hardly see where his will be a greater screw up than Landis'. The UCI have already stated that Lance's victories are part of an unchangeable history. I hope that you are not saying that a a tweet or email written by Landis some how makes him the better of the 2 men.1 guy can go to an cycling race or event worldwide and get VIP treatment the other can't go to Europe for fear of arrest..he left that out of his wit filled retort

If I had been judged by who I was when I was 27 y.o. I would have been classed a failure. Now in my 50's I'd say I am much more successful, though still not finished. Landis still has plenty of time to redeem himself and he's made a damned good start. Heinie however is almost to the finish line, and well, he's not doing too well...

fatandfast said:
The UCI have already stated that Lance's victories are part of an unchangeable history.
Wait.
Hein statet that par ordre de mufti, Pat wrote it down in their book and then they went "wow, look... history! That was easy!"? And not a single mercyfull soul told them history is under a process of constant review and rewriting?
Poor sods.

HV: "Also, after a thorough investigation, that court concluded that under my presidency the UCI has done everything (!) against doping it possibly could have done."

Anyone who has paid any attention to the sport knows that this is utter bull excrement, and reveals how immersed HV is in the image and disconnected from reality. I say disconnected from reality because if he was connected, he would know that Floyd knows how ridiculous this statement is, and so would not make it.

I mean, I don't doubt that some court made that conclusion, but it clearly was wrong. All the UCI has ever been interested in is creating the appearance that it is is doing everything against doping it possibly could, including making a big deal of busting someone when they have no choice. After all, the purpose of the UCI is to promote the sport and the welfare (including the financial welfare) of the riders.

So the reality is that, for example, the UCI makes sure the riders knows when they're coming to do the "surprise" tests. :rolleyes: