• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll - Should There Be a Doping Forum?

Should there be a separate forum for doping discussions?

• I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I voted no, because the same dope posters do not care what the thread is titled they hijack it into a dope discussion none the less.

Having the dope section will just mean they will get bored of not getting attention and bounce right back here and thread jack.

Lets just all warn the mods of this dope thread jacking and have those posts removed forever! Click the Warn button!

ElChingon said:
I voted no, because the same dope posters do not care what the thread is titled they hijack it into a dope discussion none the less.

Having the dope section will just mean they will get bored of not getting attention and bounce right back here and thread jack.

Lets just all warn the mods of this dope thread jacking and have those posts removed forever! Click the Warn button!

+1

It is not the dope discussion that is the problem. It is the thread hijacking.

Alpe, I'm curious what your thoughts are regarding the separate doping forum issue, general tone of the forum lately, founded/unfounded acusations, etc...you certainly aren't one of the primary thread-hijackers or one of the trolls who starts inane threads, but I notice you do really seem to be into the doping talk, Thankfully you seem to do it without the snide, sarcastic, condescending attitude of others.

No, because it keeps the forum real. Those that don't want to discuss, feel free not to. It's like being an atheist who doesn't try to convert the believer, but, going against the grain, openly declairs his disbelief in a Supreme Power. The religious establishment is terrified by them though...and has always tried to have them punished.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
God please I'm sick of people turning everything into doping. We know they dope there is nothing i CAN DO ABOUT IT AND i'M SICK OF PEOPLE WINGING ABOUT IT

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
This is one of my favourite doping forums on the internets, but i think it needs a subforum so we can discuss cycling news and results I notice one or two these threads getting into the main forum and cluttering it distracting us from good old doping discussions :S

ps i voted no. I think doping talk is required for some events, I don't think you can talk abotu some riders without talking about it :S I think people just need to be a bit more sensible and ignore people who wind others up. And like the other fellows says I doubt the drug talk would stay in that part of the forum anyway.

jaylew said:
Alpe, I'm curious what your thoughts are regarding the separate doping forum issue, general tone of the forum lately, founded/unfounded acusations, etc.

Since you asked, I'd rather not have a separate "doping" forum. I'd hate to think that it's such a major issue that it requires it's own forum. However, it's not going away anytime soon. I do however agree with BroDeal that hijacking of threads by trolls is the main problem, and a separate doping forum won't fix that. Nor would moving posts. It would only leave the moderators with way too much work trying to sift through threads, and my experience from other boards is that it's generally best to let an invisible hand guide the threads, instead of having moderators watch everything like a nanny.

..you certainly aren't one of the primary thread-hijackers or one of the trolls who starts inane threads, but I notice you do really seem to be into the doping talk, Thankfully you seem to do it without the snide, sarcastic, condescending attitude of others.

I'd like to think I'm not so into it and if I counted up my 200 or so posts so far, that's not the major focus of my posting, or at the very least my commentary on doping was informative. But I don't know that I can say that with certainty.

I imagine Mellow Velo, BroDeal, Lookkg386, RDV4Roubaix, Tifosa, and some of the others around here feel the same as I in that they see a thread on (or one hijacked on) doping that contains insinuations or erroneous information, or just ignorant posting about doping, and feel compelled to set the information straight. In this sense, we are often educators, though often laced with opinions of our own, yes. This can often get caustic as the troll bait pushes buttons that incite harsh, opinionated responses at times, just exasperating things.

It's tough because on one hand we would love to ignore the trolls and the same prattle that gets posted over and over and over; but on the other, we feel if we don't respond the erroneous information will just propagate and consume the forum.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
+1 Alpe, you can include me in that list. I'm all for civilised debate and, whilst I know that passions often run high when supporting a sport, the personal attacks and trolling are things that any forum can do without

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
We MUST HAVE a doping forum. I'm beginning to think that my experiments with monkey glands are ineffective, and I need advice on the proportion of bull semen to mix in...

A

Anonymous

i think whatever the road, general section needs splitting up, its getting chaotic already, im trying to imagine during the giro, and the tour theres going ot be a thousand topics at once..

i still thing a classics subforum, a grand tour subforum, and yes, if its needed a "rules and procedures" subforum..

if you take out the doping threads this place is a lot less messy.. :D

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
seperate doping poll?

I guess it's worth a try, but yeah people will still probably hijack other threads anyway. I should know, I did it once without even realizing it. Sorry!

I voted no. I just think is very difficult to talk about the races and some riders without the doping. Besides is not like the media and TV helps. They try not to do that, like in OLN but it comes back to bite them when they find a cheat. So it becomes a part of the race even if it is the embarrassment of cycling.
Thanks.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, doping is a big part of our beloved sport. It has been for a very long time.
Seems like Kloeden is one of those that will be named in the next few days in connection to Puerto. Shame:(, always liked his style, classy rider.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
The most recent stories allege that he received blood transfusions at the Freiburg Uni Clinic as part of the organized team doping -- nothing to do with Operacion Puerto.

Susan

Thanks for that.
I read the article in German:eek:

Bluebeard said:
We MUST HAVE a doping forum. I'm beginning to think that my experiments with monkey glands are ineffective, and I need advice on the proportion of bull semen to mix in...

Never go above one tenth bull semen or you will have trouble with blood related illness and higher risk of death. If needed mixing in kangaroo bile will help boost it's effectiveness but be careful with the doseage there as well...

TRENDING THREADS