• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Poll: what kind of disaster strikes Tom Dumoulin at the TT

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

betting on..

• Ramp is removed at the start and he does not know

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Falls into a shaft left by some miners

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Celebrates gold without knowing WvA is yet to start

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Tropical storm at the exact moment he is on the road, then stops

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Nobody told him it was 2 laps

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Rocks up to the TT on a kid's trike wearing a Ronald McDonald outfit

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Alternatively, drives into a kid on a trike wearing a Ronald McDonald outfit

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Literally loses the will to ride after the first lap, ends career

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Custom choice in the comment

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He enjoys far more favourable weather conditions than any other rider, with the wind changing direction to be at his back at every corner; every bit of machinery tuned perfectly, picks the perfect line around every bend and gauges his effort exactly on every incline; his sleep and nutrition work perfectly; he wins by a comfortable margin and is carried off into the sunset on a sedan chair attended by two dozen maidens serving him perfectly chilled champagne, before a snow-white dove descends from the clouds to bring him news that he has won the lottery.

But only after he points out his surname, and declares that he is not Dutch after all.

Wakes up, realises he’s fallen out of love with cycling again, doesn’t show up, and has a bit of a dance with a big dog instead...

DBEMxPdXcAAmJ3B.jpg

Reactions: Sciatic
He enjoys far more favourable weather conditions than any other rider, with the wind changing direction to be at his back at every corner; every bit of machinery tuned perfectly, picks the perfect line around every bend and gauges his effort exactly on every incline; his sleep and nutrition work perfectly; he wins by a comfortable margin and is carried off into the sunset on a sedan chair attended by two dozen maidens serving him perfectly chilled champagne, before a snow-white dove descends from the clouds to bring him news that he has won the lottery.

But only after he points out his surname, and declares that he is not Dutch after all.
His name literally means "Of the (wind)mill."

Reactions: Sandisfan
He's doing well catching his minuteman but it's one of the Quickstep guys and the driver parks the car in the middle of the road. Tom has to brake hard and loses out on a medal by two seconds.
solid ride for 4th place...just missing bronze by 0.01.....i know i lack
imagination!

Mark L

He's doing well catching his minuteman but it's one of the Quickstep guys who has a mechanical and the driver parks the car in the middle of the road. Tom has to brake hard and loses out on a medal by two seconds.

I still laugh at that moment. At the time I was watching it I didn't know he went for a poop, I just saw him starting to udnress, so to me it looked like he went feral, started taking off his clothes and just started walking back into nature.
The irony of this being that tomorrow, in the shadow of Mt Fuji, Tom is going to get off his bike, go feral, take off his clothes and start walking off into the wilderness, and everyone watching will think “oh, Dumoulin’s off for a potty break again.”

TRENDING THREADS