• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pozzato and CONTI

Dr. Maserati said:
Pozzato and CONTI?
Sorry, but that's the best spell mistake on here in a while.

Anyway only God can judge him. :)

That's right. Eugenio Capodacqua, the journalist who broke the story in la Repubblica the other day, is a friend of mine and a riding companion, and has a great distaste for doping.

It's reported today that Pippo's lawyers have specified that their client isn't being investigated by the Procura of Padova, however, as Eugenio has informed us, according to the peloton grape-vine, many cyclists have known that Pozzato has been visiting Ferrari. I think he will go down on this, in light of the Padova-Ferrari-USADA-Armstrong investigation.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
however, as Eugenio has informed us, according to the peloton grape-vine, many cyclists have known that Pozzato has been visiting Ferrari. I think he will go down on this, in light of the Padova-Ferrari-USADA-Armstrong investigation.

That's right. Remember, that already in 2004 TdF, during the Armstrong-Simeoni incident, Pozzato, despite being such a young rider, was amongst those who were the most aggressive towards Filippo Simeoni. It all makes sense, given the fact that Simeoni has reaveled the true role of Ferrari, and Pozzato was one of his biggest clients. Apparently the Ferrari-Pozzato relationship continued long afterwards out of the initiative of the rider, as Pozzato's phone conversation confirms.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Gregory said:
That's right. Remember, that already in 2004 TdF, during the Armstrong-Simeoni incident, Pozzato, despite being such a young rider, was amongst those who were the most aggressive towards Filippo Simeoni. It all makes sense, given the fact that Simeoni has reaveled the true role of Ferrari, and Pozzato was one of his biggest clients. Apparently the Ferrari-Pozzato relationship continued long afterwards out of the initiative of the rider, as Pozzato's phone conversation confirms.

That story/fact makes me sad :(

He's not going to be racing much, anymore.

Ferminal said:
******, just when he was starting to get things right again. They better take the lot of them and not just cherry-pick a few names.

I am with you 1000%. If you they want to help cycling to the best of their abilities, and truly show that cycling wants to move on and be good role models, they have to take anyone and everyone involved, not just a name here and a name there. Just like Armstrong, they should take down that whole castle.

BullsFan22 said:
I am with you 1000%. If you they want to help cycling to the best of their abilities, and truly show that cycling wants to move on and be good role models, they have to take anyone and everyone involved, not just a name here and a name there. Just like Armstrong, they should take down that whole castle.

Though this is precisely why Armstrong was an Untouchable. That is, in taking him down, so goes down the whole castle. Which is very bad for business, on both ends.

I've wondered what interest USADA has in being the one who finaly brings the Texan to task.

I mean if sport is exposed for what it is, then even anti-doping is out of the market. Given what the market requirements are, per force of nature, trying to "cleen-up sport" is presented with intrinsic limits.

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So where does this whole shooting match end? The Armstrong 6 get what is coming to them, the UCI are implicated, everyone who has been 'coached' by Ferrari gets caught, and who else? the majority (?) of pro riders? Most DS's? Most teams?

Where does it leave pro cycling in the short to medium term? Will sponsors want to invest?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
chemikal pedlar said:
So where does this whole shooting match end? The Armstrong 6 get what is coming to them, the UCI are implicated, everyone who has been 'coached' by Ferrari gets caught, and who else? the majority (?) of pro riders? Most DS's? Most teams?

Where does it leave pro cycling in the short to medium term? Will sponsors want to invest?

"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."

-- General Charles De Gaulle

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Willy_Voet said:
I missed that. I have even more respect for Simeoni now...

simeoni_saddle1.jpg

Simeoni has been a legend for ages.