• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Predicted Best rider of 2013

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Best rider of 2013?

• Other/ Cadel Evans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Exactly what are people expecting of Geraint Thomas when they predict him to break through?

Top 5 Ronde or Roubaix + stage win at Tour.

I think.

However I doubt that, really I see Thomas being best in 2014 and competing seriously for classics then.

Still he'll be a strong force next year, just not as people expect. He wasted too much of this year on track imo.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Top 5 Ronde or Roubaix + stage win at Tour.

I think.

However I doubt that, really I see Thomas being best in 2014 and competing seriously for classics then.

Still he'll be a strong force next year, just not as people expect. He wasted too much of this year on track imo.

He's already strong enough to win a stage in the Tour. But it will have to be from a breakaway.

And a top 5 placing in the Ronde doesn't say much. Farrar was fourth I think in 2010 while Geraint Thomas was "only" 10th in the Ronde last year yet he was probably one of the strongest men in the race outside Cancellara/Chavanel/Nuyens/Boonen.

He doesn't have the qualities to become someone who wins frequently in my opinion. Not specialized enough for that. He's kinda like Sylvain Chavanel in that regard. Very similar cyclists. Chava is still the better of the two of course.