• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

PREDICTION 2020

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Includes Hihope (Shadow did not make a choice for LBL):

MSR: Sagan (12), Gilbert (6), Ewan (4), VdP (3), Bennett, Naesen, Matthews
TdFl: VdP (13), Van Aert (8), GVA (4), Naesen (2), Sagan
PR: van Aert (9), Pedersen (5), van Marcke (3), Stybar (3), VdP (2), Politt (2), GVA (2), Sagan, Aerts
LBL: Alaphilippe (7), Valverde (5), Roglic (3), Higuita (3), Pogacar (2), Bardet, Woods, Poels, Formolo, Kwiatkowski, Schachmann, Yates
Lombardia: Nibali (12), Evenepoel (3), Alaphilippe (2), Pogacar (2), Schachmann (2), Pinot (2), Valverde, Kwiatkowski, Roglic, Bernal, Fuglsang, Poels

WCTT: Dennis (24), Evenepoel (4)
WCRR: Nibali (8), Valverde (3), Bernal (3), Alaphilippe (4), Fuglsang (3), Pinot (2), Woods (2), Schachmann, Teuns, Bardet

Dennis is about as close to a sure thing as it gets in the WCTT. He was clearly stronger than Remco last year, but how much has the latter matured? We shall see.

LBL appears to be the most wide open of the monuments.
My bad xD. I'll edit it when i get home.

Strade Bianche_winner: Wout Van Aert
Milano-Sanremo_winner: Sagan
II Lombardia_winner: Pogacar
Tour de France_1. Place: Bernal
Tour de France_2. Place: Roglic
Tour de France_3. Place: Pogacar
Tour de France_green jersey: Sagan
Tour de France_white jersey: Bernal
Tour de France_dot jersey: Quintana
WCITT MEN ELITE_winner: Evenepoel
WCRR WOMEN ELITE_winner: Van Vleuten
WCRR MEN ELITE_winner: Roglic
La Flèche Wallonne_winner: Alaphillippe
Liège-Bastogne-Liège: Pogacar
Amstel Gold Race_winner: Schachmann
Gent-Wevelgem in Flanders Fields: Sam Bennett
Ronde van Vlaanderen_winner: Van der Poel
Giro d'Italia_1. Place: Evenepoel
Giro d'Italia_2. Place: Nibali
Giro d'Italia_3. Place: Carapaz
Giro d'Italia_cyclamen jersey: Sagan
Paris-Roubaix_winner: Lampaert
La Vuelta ciclista a Espana_1. Place: Adam Yates
La Vuelta ciclista a Espana_2. Place: Valverde
La Vuelta ciclista a Espana_3. Place: Sosa
La Vuelta ciclista a Espana_green jersey: Ackermann

The long term prediction is closed now.

As the competition is a combination of long term tip and pre-race tip (this year with the same value), it is time to present your tips for incoming STRADE BIANCHE.

Please place your tips. If no tip is presented before the start of the race your long term tips will be considered as well your pre-race tips.

It is possible to join the competition also if you have not presented your long term tips, however, the new participants can only cumulate the points from pre-race tips.

Strade Bianche_winner:

k'mon... that was a typo and you know it...

As I said, I don't know all these riders well enough to know that something like that is a typo. If you had written Aert, I would have guessed it had to be van Aert, but when you put an "s" on the end, it seems you are definitely referring to someone else.

If someone writes Poel, you might figure what's meant is van der Poel, but if someone writes Poels, you aren't so sure, are you?

My major interest is in GTs If someone picks Fromme, or Bernel, i will understand. Some of these other races, I'm not so familiar with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jungle Cycle

TRENDING THREADS