• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Prediction Game 2021 Women's Edition

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some horrible decisions by yours truly have left me in last place (again).
RhD had a good day with a Wiebes victory, and because she was the only one to select Van Vleuten as the winner of the individual ranking, she got 2 points out of 3 from the WWT ranking predictions, while everyone else had to settle with 1.

Final 2021 standings
@Libertine Seguros 44.5
@Põhja Konn 40.5
@RedheadDane 39
@BlueRoads 37.5
@Samu Cuenca 37

Congratulations to LS in every single language for winning the 2021 edition of the game. You rode away from everyone like Kiesenhofer in Tokyo or Deignan in Roubaix, and despite our best efforts we just couldn't close the gap.

As your prize you'll receive this picture of Emma Pooley beating a strong and powerful German and a redheaded Dane:

2010+UCI+Road+World+Championships+Day+1+gvrbLEN4qhYx.jpg

And also a picture of Cille energetically describing how you totally crushed us with your bare hands:

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dr.dk%2Fimages%2Fcrop%2F2021%2F05%2F22%2F1621705674_20190927-160153-1-1920x1280we.jpg&w=1200&675&scaleAfter=crop

Thank you to all of you for taking part!

Some horrible decisions by yours truly have left me in last place (again).
RhD had a good day with a Wiebes victory, and because she was the only one to select Van Vleuten as the winner of the individual ranking, she got 2 points out of 3 from the WWT ranking predictions, while everyone else had to settle with 1.

Final 2021 standings
@Libertine Seguros 44.5
@Põhja Konn 40.5
@RedheadDane 39
@BlueRoads 37.5
@Samu Cuenca 37

Congratulations to LS in every single language for winning the 2021 edition of the game. You rode away from everyone like Kiesenhofer in Tokyo or Deignan in Roubaix, and despite our best efforts we just couldn't close the gap.

As your prize you'll receive this picture of Emma Pooley beating a strong and powerful German and a redheaded Dane:

2010+UCI+Road+World+Championships+Day+1+gvrbLEN4qhYx.jpg

And also a picture of Cille energetically describing how you totally crushed us with your bare hands:

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dr.dk%2Fimages%2Fcrop%2F2021%2F05%2F22%2F1621705674_20190927-160153-1-1920x1280we.jpg&w=1200&675&scaleAfter=crop

Thank you to all of you for taking part!
“You rode away from everyone like Kiesenhofer in Tokyo or Deignan in Roubaix,”

So this competition followed the pattern we saw throughout 2021 right? A strong rider gets a gap and the group behind can’t cooperate enough to bring them back. ;)

I waited until halfway through to make my move, but it was a blistering attack at Thüringen where picking GC winner Lucinda Brand put me back up in the mix for the win from languishing back in the pack, and then I made my main move in July. For the most part I have to thank one woman for my victory, and that woman, somewhat predictably since she was my most trusted and dependable weapon throughout the competition, is Demi Vollering. I picked Demi for the first race of the season and, had she still been mathematically in the hunt for the WWT overall I'd probably have picked her for the last race of the season too. Picking her for La Course and then entrusting her with the Giro GC battle after her performance in Burgos turned out to be the difference-maker I think, since only Samu picked her for La Course and I was alone in having her as a GC podium choice for the Giro, and then I had a good lead built up that I only need manage.

As for Cille describing my victory 'energetically', does she even know how to describe things any other way?

I waited until halfway through to make my move, but it was a blistering attack at Thüringen where picking GC winner Lucinda Brand put me back up in the mix for the win from languishing back in the pack, and then I made my main move in July. For the most part I have to thank one woman for my victory, and that woman, somewhat predictably since she was my most trusted and dependable weapon throughout the competition, is Demi Vollering. I picked Demi for the first race of the season and, had she still been mathematically in the hunt for the WWT overall I'd probably have picked her for the last race of the season too. Picking her for La Course and then entrusting her with the Giro GC battle after her performance in Burgos turned out to be the difference-maker I think, since only Samu picked her for La Course and I was alone in having her as a GC podium choice for the Giro, and then I had a good lead built up that I only need manage.

Yes, your partnership with Vollering has only been outdone by Demi's relationship with Van der Breggen

anna-van-der-breggen-of-netherlands-pink-leader-jersey-demi-vollering-picture-id1328004638

As for Cille describing my victory 'energetically', does she even know how to describe things any other way?

She has claimed that she's not always super energetic, especially not after a bad race, but I'm not sure any of her FdJ teammates have really experienced that side of her yet.

Unlike Linda, this redheaded Dane has no intention of becoming a Kiwi.

You could still fall in love with a different country, though, like she did with NZ.

After the penultimate VAM-berg yesterday it was clear the break won't make it and with it go my chances to win our game. Anyway, it is more than fitting that the poster who has largely carried women's cycling thread on his shoulders over the last decade ends up as the inaugural winner of this game.

My main goal was getting to know women's side of the sport more and that has certainly been achieved, so there would have been no reason to complain even if I had ended up as lanterne rouge. The game itself was good fun, and I'll most likely be in again if it does take place next year. Although if the mens prediction game is anything to go by, I'll probably start sliding down the table in final GC. from now on.