• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey 2011

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Some interesting details from the Tour of Turkey from Laurent Didier's column. This is about the 4th stage (yesterday), where he fell but was able to finish. Today he was listed as DNF.

"The stage was very nervous and the peloton explosed on a climb, 20 km from the start. You had to ride the climb sitting down - due to bad roads, the rain and oil, when you started to go en danseuse, the wheels would slip.

Afterwards there were constant attacks, just like in junior races. At around km 90 I fell in a descent, after a Caja Rural rider went down in front of me. Luckily my team car was right there, and after a short examination by our team doctor, he suggested that I continue, but that I change first because of the rain.

This had never happened to me, but after finishing the descent, I stopped to change my jersey, put on my 3/4 shorts and start again calmly. I took my time because I knew the peloton was far behind, after only 90 km they had already had 15 minutes on the first group.

Shortly before the finish I told another rider that we were approaching the sixth hour in the saddle, and he told me he had already 6:05 hours. I then realized that I had stopped for 7 minutes since I only had 5:58. After the stage I went to the hospital and ran into several other riders who had also crashed in the peloton.

Even if the organisers are making efforts, it's not easy. We were given two vans with chauffeurs but they don't always know the way. When it comes to eating, you have to take what you get. For example, it is impossible to find Muesli. This morning I had to eat bread and even a pancake for breakfast because the hotels that we're staying in are often resorts with a lot of tourists. It's also rather noisy."

http://www.lequotidien.lu/les-sports/22734.html

I hope he's fine and he didn't fall again today (he'd already fallen and gotten stitches in AGR) and will be able to do the Giro!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
TBH this race is not as exciting as i expected it to be. It's attracted no real team leaders and now Peterson shall win. It's hard but i think the TDU was a better race. Hopefully tonight shall be interesting like yesterday's.

Peterson may not win...in a bit of trouble now...

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
The Tour of turkey has been pretty good this year so what if peterson wins, anyway he might not efimkin is a minute ahead of just now and there is 27 km left..

Greipel is the front group and I dont remember them saying who else was up there but I dont think there was any other very good sprinters, surely a great chance for greipel, no team mates though..

Kirby talking about greipel. " Look at that lump of man meat"....................:S

TRENDING THREADS