• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey 2016 (2.HC)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Forever The Best said:
TMP402 said:
Forever The Best said:
Pricey_sky said:
Nearly another shocking incident with a pedestrian just casually strolling across the road in front of the riders. A lady did the same on day 1.
Not surprising.Most of the people in this country are ignorant and unenlightened.

To be fair, now there are quite a few fans along the roadside in the city, unlike most races I watch that take place east of Italy.
Most of them are not even fans.They are there just because they want to see what is happening.Plus the government may have brought them and give money to them after,I wouldn't be surprised.After the race the people would continue not caring.

Well, Turkey are still better at pretending fans exist than the rest of Asia.

hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:
Most of them are not even fans.They are there just because they want to see what is happening [...] After the race the people would continue not caring.
So just like with most every other race in most every other country then.
The point I wanted to make is most of them live/work in the roadisde and just coming there to see the cyclists.And a small percent is casually walking on the roadside while the cyclists were riding:D

Forever The Best said:
hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:
Most of them are not even fans.They are there just because they want to see what is happening [...] After the race the people would continue not caring.
The point I wanted to make is most of them live/work in the roadisde and just coming there to see the cyclists.And a small percent is casually walking :D
Yes, yes, I got that. Again, just like in most every other race. :p

hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:
hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:
The point I wanted to make is most of them live/work in the roadisde and just coming there to see the cyclists.And a small percent is casually walking :D

I'm guessing they mean it holds true there more than in other countries. I'd risk saying with fair certainty that, at least in Europe, most people on the roadside went there for the event in particular, and are not just mirones.

BigMac said:
hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:
hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:

I'm guessing they mean it holds true there more than in other countries. I'd risk saying with fair certainty that, at least in Europe, most people on the roadside went there for the event in particular, and are not just mirones.
That is what I am saying.

BigMac said:
hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:
hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:

I'd also say that in Europe, even those people who didn't go to the roadside specifically to watch the event still for the most part know how to behave, such as... not walking out onto the road right in front of the riders.

RedheadDane said:
BigMac said:

I'd also say that in Europe, even those people who didn't go to the roadside specifically to watch the event still for the most part know how to behave, such as... not walking out onto the road right in front of the riders.
Indeed.

TRENDING THREADS