• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey 2016 (2.HC)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gigs_98 said:
BigMac said:
Gigs_98 said:
Okay, WTF happened there? These time gaps could be from a gt in the middle of week 3?
How long was this crosswind section so the time gaps are that huge and how awful were all the other teams? :eek:

So you didn't watch the stage...

This is so funny.
Stahp it guys, just tell me what happened? :D

Don't know for sure, when I tuned in Lotto had already shredded the peloton to pieces. Heard it was quite the blast, with echelons and all... :D

Gigs_98 said:
BigMac said:
Gigs_98 said:
Okay, WTF happened there? These time gaps could be from a gt in the middle of week 3?
How long was this crosswind section so the time gaps are that huge and how awful were all the other teams? :eek:

So you didn't watch the stage...

This is so funny.
Stahp it guys, just tell me what happened? :D
Lotto Soudal created an echelon in the first 10 kilometres and continued it all the way with shedding more riders.They had 6 riders in the last 8 and Greipel won it with a sprint.Caja Rural riders came over 2 minutes behind and are now 1-2-3 in GC.Niemiec lost huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge time and his GC ambitions.

Forever The Best said:
Niemiec lost huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge time

CNcwxdiWsAA0HC3.jpg

Yesterday's stage was cool (I saw the last 30km). A perfect balance of hills and cross winds. I just saw a recording of the last 5km today. On seeing the first picture, I thought "hey there's a TTT, is there?" until I noticed a couple of the jerseys had black as well as red. I'm not sure why Lotto didn't let a guy go up the road seeing as they're not competing for GC. Buy hey, this is one crazy race :)

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Caja Rural gave everybody an introductory class in echelon racing yesterday. Lotto gave everybody the advanced class today.

So true - This type of aggressive team riding can be done in one week stage racing,especially in certain weather conditions. Tougher to do this in a 3 week GT when there are usually five or 6 strong teams, who can inflict pin on the following days.

Anyway last two stages have been awesome.

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Three stages into the Tour of Turkey and already it will be hard to beat as the best stage race of the year.

Also probably the best April of racing in more than a decade.

I dedicate my first post ever, after two years membership of no posts, to that bit of 'humor'.

Thanks to all for this informative forum. Sincerely...

Well, it was to be expected Lotto would be a bit tired to dominate the sprint trains.
But they left Greipel in a pretty good spot - and then you see that in spite of being a yuuge guy, Greipel is pretty timid and has problems imposing himself in the peloton. Of course it was 'only' the Tour of Turkey, so probably he was also reluctant to take many risks.

Hope for echelons today, along the coast. Would be fun.

Re:

Krokro said:
Im wondering whats wrong with Greipel. I never really like him but still he acts like he doesn't really care sometimes. Nice sprint from Southeast !

Yeah, he didn't sprint to the line, that was weird. He seemed to be stuck on the wrong side of Henderson's wheel in the leadout but he surely should be able to fix that.

TRENDING THREADS