• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(Presidential) Cycling Tour of Turkey [April 11th-April18th 2021]

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So are dives in football. Doesn't mean we have to appreciate it.

Now I'm thinking what dives in cycling would be like.
A lot of the context has been removed from the post, that was calling Dowsett entitled and saying he should leave road racing and stick to just doing TTs.

I never said you need to appreciate it, but calling someone out in that way for something that has been a part of bike racing for longer than most of us have been alive is pretty poor form.

Reactions: Red Rick
A lot of the context has been removed from the post, that was calling Dowsett entitled and saying he should leave road racing and stick to just doing TTs.

I never said you need to appreciate it, but calling someone out in that way for something that has been a part of bike racing for longer than most of us have been alive is pretty poor form.
I stick by those opinions, this was someone that felt entitled enough to boast online about bullying other riders. Idk about cycling history, always thought those stories about Moser the sheriff that dictated if riders could go in breaks are the worst.

Dowsett did sound absolutely entitled. Blocking the road is also technically illegal and there's precedent of punishment for it being doled out. Lots of things have been a part of bike racing for over a century but the least we should expect is for riders not to publicly brag about them.
Deliberate obstruction or a rider or team car is against the rules. lining out across the road and holding whatever pace they want is not. The rider shoved Dowsett in the back while ISN did this, that is against the rules and it was the second time they did it. They should have been thrown out of the race, instead he was shut down and stopped in his goals. Seems reasonable to me.

TRENDING THREADS