• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Primož Roglič

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Red, we're looking at rear hubs, not rear wheels.
When I speak of rear wheel, I'm using that as a totem pro parte.
I probably should've been clearer.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

the asian said:
Gloin22 said:
new Froome confirmed

he is gonna become Sky's next heir to Tour wins

Don't be so stupid.

He'll be a decent one week stage racer and hilly Time Trialler. Nothing else.

Sky will make him into a GOAT, you will see

Hes got the perfect Sky GOAT profile, ski jumper suffers injury, changes sport, unrealized potential, didnt know how to train well etc etc, anorexic ski jumper diet caused him to have Bhilarzia 2.0 that he didnt even know until he joins Sky, :lol:

Gloin22 said:
the asian said:
Gloin22 said:
new Froome confirmed

Don't be so stupid.

Hes got the perfect Sky GOAT profile, ski jumper suffers injury, changes sport, unrealized potential, didnt know how to train well etc etc, anorexic ski jumper diet caused him to have Bhilarzia 2.0 that he didnt even know until he joins Sky, :lol:

He's not British/Anglo Saxon. He's from dirty Eastern Europe. So no chance. :D

the asian said:
Gloin22 said:
the asian said:
Gloin22 said:
new Froome confirmed

Don't be so stupid.

Yes, but not from a Soviet or Soviet satellite state, so that's going to fly even less.

the asian said:
Gloin22 said:
the asian said:
Gloin22 said:
new Froome confirmed

Don't be so stupid.

Though I get the sarcasm.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Fernandez said:
Aparently nobody told him that winning races makes him automatically doping suspect.

More like starting as a climber and in less than one year transforming into best TTer in the peleton :lol:

Re:

red_flanders said:
And his results are already better than pre-transformation Froome, so it's not ridiculous enough.
yes but then again, a Froome transformation is unseen.

From a crappy rider to a world beater out of absolutely nowhere. It's still the most ridicolous transformation ever. At least some of the other transformers showed some kind of a result before.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
Do you think he has a chance to make a top 10 this year?

Before the start of the TDF I was looking at the bookmaker's opinions of relative strength of the GT contenders ...
https://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/tour-de-france/winner

And noticed that some bookies are offering odds on Primož Roglič as high as 125/1 for the outright win of the Tour de France. So I was like, whaaaat ? ...
... upon seeing that Roglič is considered a 'Top-15' or 'Top-20' pick. As if Roglič is somehow distinctive from 'The Field'. Meaning: sprinters like Kittel and Cavendish, at 1000/1 odds, or domestiques whose role makes them considered 'impossible' for the win.

Maybe someone in the gambling (under)world knows things about Roglič which we have yet to understand ?
I still think the Roglič story, of a ski-jumper who never rode a time-trial bike before, coming out to dominate the field, is very weird.

That having been said, I also don't expect Roglič to have a top-10 finish in a GT anytime soon, will believe it when I see it.
interesting post.

It's easy to imagine motor-use and betting being closely linked.
If you know who's using a motor when, I reckon you could make great money out of it.

which we have yet to understand ?
well to be fair his glowing rear hub was all over French national television and can still be watched in full color mode on youtube.
iow, we understand.

edit: here is the link to the Stade 2 doc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15kIyBhsX8o
It's really good. A must-see for those interested in moto-fraud, not just because of the Roglic-scenes.
In fact some other scenes (such as Contador's bike check, the interview with Verdy) are similarly damning.
There's an english version somewhere, too.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

miguelindurain111 said:
Skimmed the moto-fraud thread and landed at this page: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30462&start=2900

Interesting posts and links by Nicko and Tom the Engine...and 'cause it's July why not to recycle some oldish stuff :)
yes, it was fun to watch the two of them pretend to have so much knowledge of thermal imaging we should simply ignore the opinions of the thermal imaging experts interviewed in the Stade 2 doc.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Btw, upon rewatching the Stade 2 doc, something I hadn't noticed before, and something Tom de Engine and Nicko conveniently ignored, is that the heat signal is not just stronger in the rear hub, but also in the lower part of the left seatstay, whereas there's nothing heated in the other seatstay.
They show the heatsignal very clearly in the documentary starting at ca. 9:00.

Now, that heat signal is what you'd expect of a rear hub motor which, after all, needs a battery, which, in turn, you want to be located close to the motor, i.e. in the lower part of one of the two seatstays.
This is illustrated very nicely at ca. 9:55 in the documentary.

Link to the documentary once more:

Re:

sniper said:
Btw, upon rewatching the Stade 2 doc, something I hadn't noticed before, and something Tom de Engine and Nicko conveniently ignored, is that the heat signal is not just stronger in the rear hub, but also in the lower part of the left seatstay, whereas there's nothing heated in the other seatstay.

Now, that heat signal is fully compatible with what you'd expect of a rear hub motor which, after all, needs a battery, which, in turn, you want to be located close to the motor, i.e. in the lower part of one of the two seatstays.

i'm not going back to look at doc but i can tell you it is very easy to put a baatery in the chain stay. If the batteries are small enough and I'm sure they are.
I had a customer break a drive side chain stay in a race about 6 yrs ago. I sent the frame to Craig Calfee to repair. The bike came back and one could not tell that he had replaced the broken section. It was perfect.
there are many carbon experts that could do that now. There is another guy, Matt Tapp in Indianaplis that works on Indy cars. He repaired a frame for me. Again, perfect.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

veganrob said:
sniper said:

Now, that heat signal is fully compatible with what you'd expect of a rear hub motor which, after all, needs a battery, which, in turn, you want to be located close to the motor, i.e. in the lower part of one of the two seatstays.

i'm not going back to look at doc but i can tell you it is very easy to put a baatery in the chain stay. If the batteries are small enough and I'm sure they are.
I had a customer break a drive side chain stay in a race about 6 yrs ago. I sent the frame to Craig Calfee to repair. The bike came back and one could not tell that he had replaced the broken section. It was perfect.
there are many carbon experts that could do that now. There is another guy, Matt Tapp in Indianaplis that works on Indy cars. He repaired a frame for me. Again, perfect.
nice example.
And assuming the bike brands are (and have been) neck deep involved in the scam, there's not even a need to repair anything, at least for top-end pro's.

To be sure, you don't have to watch the entire doc of course.
If you want to see what I referred to, suffice to watch the two checkpoints I highlighted (9:00-ish and 9:55-ish).
It's all very graphic and clear, i.e. no audio needed.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Stade 2 report debunked? Not really.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/07/most-sportsmen-cheat-theyd-be-mad-not-to/
In January last year, a motor was found in the bike of the European cyclo-cross champion Femke Van den Driessche. Two months later, footage was captured using thermal cameras at two races in Italy that appeared, very convincingly it must be said, to show heat patterns within frames and wheels consistent with the use of motors in the bikes of at least seven professional riders.
Very good piece by the way loaded with common sense.

Re:

sniper said:
Stade 2 report debunked? Not really.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/07/most-sportsmen-cheat-theyd-be-mad-not-to/
In January last year, a motor was found in the bike of the European cyclo-cross champion Femke Van den Driessche. Two months later, footage was captured using thermal cameras at two races in Italy that appeared, very convincingly it must be said, to show heat patterns within frames and wheels consistent with the use of motors in the bikes of at least seven professional riders.
Very good piece by the way loaded with common sense.

Well to start with that's utter balls.

This from the same person who expects Floyd Mayweather to lose to Conor MacGregor. File under S for sensationalist.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
No sure. Among a handful of Clinic posters it's utter balls, I realize that.
Just saying that outside of the Clinic most objective observers seem to think it was a convincing piece of journalism.

TRENDING THREADS