• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Havetts said:
What database do you use, the PCMDaily one? If so, he starts out at 74 with 5 stars potential (iirc) for climbing, so possibly he could go to 82 +/- on climbing so thats why I was wondering if the stat of 83 was including training camps :).
What you don't seem to understand however is that the limits are not static but variable.
Every time you start a career Quintana might achieve a different limit.

For example, a potential of 7 for a climber means he will most certainly achieve 78 to 81 in climbing. But there is also a chance he might get in the 83-85 zone. Every time you start a career, it will be different.

Someone with potential 6 might have a dissapointing 75 in climbing limit in one game, but climbing 81 in another savegame.
That's why they made potentials in the first place and not set limits. So it turns out different in every savegame.

So he could be playing the exact same database and yet have a different cycling world after 4/5 years in his career than you.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Quintana is MO83 with no stars left. No training camps. He made a big leap in my save game at the start of 2013, has gone from 78 - 83 since January!

Henao has the same potential (I think) and has maxed out at MO80. As ruben said it varies each save game.

Nibali got quite lucky on a hilly stage in the first week, attacked solo had about 20 seconds lead on the bunch when there was a huge fall which blocked all GC guys except VDB. Nibali ended up going into the first MTF with a lead of minutes and he has MO84 now which was more than enough on this parcours.

Yeah, and I'm unlucky because I started a new game with the idea of focussing on 1 rider (Jakob Steigmiller) with the idea of making him a GT champion with his potential 7 and good base GC-racer stats.
But the game gave him a limit of 79 in MO and 76 in REC (but also 84 in TT) so even if he reaches his max I'll probably never win the Tour with him (Vuelta/Giro is possible).

I could restart the game and hope for better but I'll make the best out of it :p

More or less it was like that since CyM4 2005 and the introduction of potentials, but at first it was a bit less variable.
Since PCM 2009 and the introduction of the YoungRiderCarac XML files it has become more variable.

You can change these XML's to your own liking however. But it is complicated and not adviced to do unless you understand what you are doing.
I usually change the probability values of higher stats for scouted riders, so they don't completely suck in their first 4 years. I can actually scout super talents like those who excist in real life (Sagan, Degenkolb, Kittel), which is impossible with the game's default settings.

For the max stats, it's thhe same, you can define it too. The minmax values of 5/6/7 are between 75-78, 79-82 and 83-85
For myself I defined a Potential 7 talent will get 90% chance of 79-82 in their specialty and a 10% chance of 83-85.. so in some games he'll have 79 in his specialty and sometimes 85....
But you can all change this to your liking if you want.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
He has amazing recovery and has a high rate of improvement in hills, stamina and recovery and even itt still so I am pretty optisimistic about him owning the peloton.

Well if he's potential 7 and you got lucky he might get 84/85 MO, 80-83 hills etc. You can check his real limit in the savegame with the fast editor by the way, then you don't have to guess with stars. You'll know quickly.

In my game Kelderman is remarkable average (or will turn out to be remarkably average). I usually only check in the editor what the limits of my own new riders are. So I now wether it's worth to lengthen the contract of young talents or wether they reached their limits already :p

ramjambunath said:
Try changing the camera.
You may get motorbike sounds.

Yeah but then I'm so close on the peloton that I can't find anything anymore :p

I think I might turn every sound off. The commentator isn't that bright either, better enjoy some music while playing.

Just got 17th in my first race. But more worryingly, I'm going bankrupt after 2 months. Guess my decision to put finances on difficult wasn't very bright :eek:

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
The budget is done really poorly in 11' so budget problems occur often. Annoying really.

Was 08' where you could bur riders from other teams? that was cool.
Since the finances are done so poorly I usually edit my team to give them a proper current amount of money to pay staff+riders from for the current season.

It's basically cheating but I don't see another way.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Since the finances are done so poorly I usually edit my team to give them a proper current amount of money to pay staff+riders from for the current season.

Is it possible to edit a save game like that or should I start all over again?

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ferminal said:
What view do people use?

I use helicopter view at the least zoom, side on to road, giving the broadest view.

It's a little impersonal though.

I use the free cam view in '10.
The helicopter view is a bit far for my already failing eyes.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

yeah i do the same.
I don't see it as cheating, as it is basically necessary.

dyn_sponsor ftw :cool:

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I am so rubbish, my riders are knackered by the time the finishing line comes and I like break aways in the real thing but can't seem to manage it in the game. Mind you I have only been into road cycling for a little while.

When you say you increase your budget how much do you do it by?

Also I added myself to the game as a rider but for some reason it hasn't worked any ideas?

Looks like a great game

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
sisavedbygrace said:
I am so rubbish, my riders are knackered by the time the finishing line comes and I like break aways in the real thing but can't seem to manage it in the game. Mind you I have only been into road cycling for a little while.

When you say you increase your budget how much do you do it by?

Also I added myself to the game as a rider but for some reason it hasn't worked any ideas?

Looks like a great game

Have you changed your database ingame?

TRENDING THREADS