Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
@timmy:

about the quad-cores. i think we can throw in the towel. I tried every trick in the book I know
First deactivated 2 cores. Then deactivated all but 1 core, still the same game problems
Then I 'disabled' the core parking in the windows 7 registery.
Finally disabled hyperthreading as well.
All these tried with 4, 2 and 1 core(s). Still same problem

Then uninstalled Radeon drivers and tried modded drivers, it helped another game i had problems with (Dirt, no more stutter), but still not PCM. Then deleted and removed that driver and installed a very old Radeon driver.
STILL the same problem :p

I think the only thing I can do is install Windows XP 32 bit on another drive and see how/if PCM 10 works there...
 
Mar 10, 2009
341
0
0
I think there is a download version on steam or on their main website. At work so can't check at the moment
 
Mar 10, 2009
341
0
0
Luis Ocaña said:
Right, I see. Is this game worth the money to give it a shot?:)
it depend what sort of games you like to play. I love sim games like football manager etc so really enjoyed this game. I think there is a demo version so might be an idea to try that before buying the full version.
 
Jul 24, 2010
50
0
0
Cycling is great, so that's cool;) I mean, is this game any kind of a challenge, where insight or whatever is required, or is it some FIFA-type of game wherein any decent player can win everything ridiculously easy?
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
1
0
It´s just great (with a good database and if it works fine on your computer) :D
A musthave for cyclingfans.

If you don´t have any knowledge of cycling you wouldn´t even win something on the easiest level. And if you know "everything" about cycling you will need a lot of training and experience with this game, to win (on harder levels).

But you can do nothing (except disabling this feature), when a rider has a really bad day. :rolleyes:
 
Jul 24, 2010
50
0
0
Cobblestoned said:
It´s just great (with a good database and if it works fine on your computer) :D
A musthave for cyclingfans.

If you don´t have any knowledge of cycling you wouldn´t even win something on the easiest level. And if you know "everything" about cycling you will need a lot of training and experience with this game, to win (on harder levels).

But you can do nothing (except disabling this feature), when a rider has a really bad day. :rolleyes:
Glad to hear that:)
 
Luis Oca&#241 said:
Cycling is great, so that's cool;) I mean, is this game any kind of a challenge, where insight or whatever is required, or is it some FIFA-type of game wherein any decent player can win everything ridiculously easy?
if you start with strong team like columbia or saxo you wont have much trouble to win a lot (with good training that is)

but try some asian team you ve never heard about and you can find yourself fired in the end of the season because you wont meet goals

and you can always set yourself personal goals like winning TdF with french rider (im in 4th season and it doesnt look good,though i won 1994 TdF course with tony martin with tons of luck :D but thats another story,but interesting)
 
May 27, 2010
868
0
0
I have the 09 version of PCM and im about a third of the way through the Vuelta (1st season). I was just wondering if there was a way that you could create a custom team with no budget restrictions so you could get all the best riders.

I know this sounds silly but i want to try it for a bit of fun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Jul 14, 2009
744
0
0
woodie said:
I have the 09 version of PCM and im about a third of the way through the Vuelta (1st season). I was just wondering if there was a way that you could create a custom team with no budget restrictions so you could get all the best riders.

I know this sounds silly but i want to try it for a bit of fun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well you could just edit the DB. But if you actually want to have an unlimited budget in create-a-team, theres an instructional on PCM daily. Here's the link-
http://www.pcmdaily.com/articles.php?article_id=89
 
May 27, 2010
868
0
0
ericthesportsman6 said:
Well you could just edit the DB. But if you actually want to have an unlimited budget in create-a-team, theres an instructional on PCM daily. Here's the link-
http://www.pcmdaily.com/articles.php?article_id=89
Thanks heaps it worked a treat lol. I think this has already been asked but I couldn't find it but is there an update or something you need for the 09 version to get brands on the bikes and wheels and stuff or is that just how it is???
 
woodie said:
Thanks heaps it worked a treat lol. I think this has already been asked but I couldn't find it but is there an update or something you need for the 09 version to get brands on the bikes and wheels and stuff or is that just how it is???
graphic stuff is included in databases,just search pcmdaily...if you cant see brands names on equipment during 3D gameplay try to reinstall database you use or download other pure equipment database...its just switching some files in your pcm folder and it should work,but follow instructions carefully,sometimes they can be pretty complicated as what to replace ,what to delete
 
I personally wouldn't bother with the 2010 version of the game.
Too many AI flaws.

The AI of PCM 2009 was so much better. Even if 2010 looks 1000x better in 3d, I now refuse to play the game. It's simply not fun when Contador starts winning TDF mass sprints.

PCM 2009 is much better
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,645
2
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I personally wouldn't bother with the 2010 version of the game.
Too many AI flaws.

The AI of PCM 2009 was so much better. Even if 2010 looks 1000x better in 3d, I now refuse to play the game. It's simply not fun when Contador starts winning TDF mass sprints.

PCM 2009 is much better
i first played 2008, it remains my favorite (basically because i had no problems with it) - although i loved the custom team thing.
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I personally wouldn't bother with the 2010 version of the game.
Too many AI flaws.

The AI of PCM 2009 was so much better. Even if 2010 looks 1000x better in 3d, I now refuse to play the game. It's simply not fun when Contador starts winning TDF mass sprints.

PCM 2009 is much better
All you need to do to stop GC contenders winning bunch sprints is to make some sort of leadout train. Worked for me at least, but they will probably fix this bug soon anyway. I have to say I was quite surprised when Chris Horner won the first stage of TDU in a bunch sprint :p
 
Look at the official forums. They are/were actually deleting topics about the failing AI in hilly classics and sprints.

They even banned a member who repeatedly asked when they are going to fix it.
Cyanide/Focus stated 1.0.3.0 is the last patch... :rolleyes:

So in fact, they are NOT fixing it.
 
haha i just downloaded PCM 2010 to see this sprinters bug in action,so far i played 2 stages of TDU and ofc i won both with nuyens (playing on hard),first from break second attacking 10km from finish,other places were sprinters like bennati,EBH,freire

now graphic part is fantastic,but gameplay is weird,i had lars boom in break and even with 5 minutes advantage,nobody wanted to work with him,when i stoped relay they just rode next to each other for the rest of the stage:D wtf?

i will play a bit more but i can tell now i will win more stages with nuyens (proly all of TDU) because its just too easy to ride away from peloton,i hope it will get tougher as computer teams get some fitness later in the season...but for now no need to buy PCM10:rolleyes:
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
1
0
saganftw said:
haha i just downloaded PCM 2010 to see this sprinters bug in action,so far i played 2 stages of TDU and ofc i won both with nuyens (playing on hard),first from break second attacking 10km from finish,other places were sprinters like bennati,EBH,freire

now graphic part is fantastic,but gameplay is weird,i had lars boom in break and even with 5 minutes advantage,nobody wanted to work with him,when i stoped relay they just rode next to each other for the rest of the stage:D wtf?

i will play a bit more but i can tell now i will win more stages with nuyens (proly all of TDU) because its just too easy to ride away from peloton,i hope it will get tougher as computer teams get some fitness later in the season...but for now no need to buy PCM10:rolleyes:
Great ! :D

Didn´t buy or play it so far. I always wait for the first good db. But many people say this 2010 version can´t be rescued by even the best db. :rolleyes:
 
Cobblestoned said:
Great ! :D

Didn´t buy or play it so far. I always wait for the first good db. But many people say this 2010 version can´t be rescued by even the best db. :rolleyes:
it can be rescued,for now it seems as the biggest issue is sprintbug which can be solved with editing DB (not 100% but at least something)

i personaly miss variants,though new pcmdaily database has fixed this issue so i will see how it works

i also miss sprinttrains,but on the other hand PCM09 has too many of them which is not realistic either

as i said before,proly in winter PCM10 will be playable and maybe better than 09 now its more like betatest :D, but its still PCM like previous versions -you have to do some work on the game before you start to play it
 
Aug 6, 2010
3
0
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I personally wouldn't bother with the 2010 version of the game.
Too many AI flaws.

The AI of PCM 2009 was so much better. Even if 2010 looks 1000x better in 3d, I now refuse to play the game. It's simply not fun when Contador starts winning TDF mass sprints.

PCM 2009 is much better
just finished the tour of belgium and sylvain chavanel won a bunch sprint which included hushovd and boonen, really needs to be fixed:mad:
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY