Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
saganftw said:
you are doin something wrong,i have crashes too,but its very rare and i have crapy computer compared to some other players

try either upgrade your computer or lower graphical settings like amount of fans,trees,cities,it may help to install older drivers for graphic card for PCM 09

i even read that some ppl underclocked their graphic card and it worked like magic

and ofc make sure you have databases/graphical addons that are not bugged,sometimes i find stage or part of equipment/jersey thats just wrongly designed
could be his OS? I have vista and can't do two stages straight without it crashing, and that's with near on minimum graphics selected...
my graphics card is well in advance of the game's requirements too
 
Mar 10, 2009
341
0
0
Maxiton said:
OK, here's a total noob question. I bought this game in 2006 version, I think. I tried playing it maybe once and never got round to it again. Now I'd like to play it. Do I need the latest version or is there something I can do to bring it up to date? Do you have to buy this game every year if you want to stay up to date?
if you go to pcmdaily.com you can download database updates there. Not sure if there will be a DB that is compatible with your version though.

You can of course still play an old version.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
saganftw said:
you are doin something wrong,i have crashes too,but its very rare and i have crapy computer compared to some other players

try either upgrade your computer or lower graphical settings like amount of fans,trees,cities,it may help to install older drivers for graphic card for PCM 09

i even read that some ppl underclocked their graphic card and it worked like magic

and ofc make sure you have databases/graphical addons that are not bugged,sometimes i find stage or part of equipment/jersey thats just wrongly designed
my pc wont need upgrading, i [cocky] have a pretty epic system[/cocky]. If anything under clocking the GPU would help. But I dunno if i can be bothered doing that for PCM.
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
1
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
my pc wont need upgrading, i [cocky] have a pretty epic system[/cocky]. If anything under clocking the GPU would help. But I dunno if i can be bothered doing that for PCM.
When does it crash ?
Can you start the game ?
 
I have really about the same problems, a pretty epic system, but due to cyanide's incapability of normal programming, it won't run everything as fine as I'd wish.

Btw, if you have an ATI, try one of the older Catalyst drivers, 9.2(?) or 9.6.. I believe.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I have really about the same problems, a pretty epic system, but due to cyanide's incapability of normal programming, it won't run everything as fine as I'd wish.

Btw, if you have an ATI, try one of the older Catalyst drivers, 9.2(?) or 9.6.. I believe.
it's actually at the end of a race (just before the highlights/replay). It will just crash. No other game/application has done this. I've tried various different settings (in game i mean).

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I have really about the same problems, a pretty epic system, but due to cyanide's incapability of normal programming, it won't run everything as fine as I'd wish.

Btw, if you have an ATI, try one of the older Catalyst drivers, 9.2(?) or 9.6.. I believe.
yeah i've been meaning to update the driver, using 9.4 or 9.5 for a while.. fair to say it hasn't been great.
I read 9.6 was good... i've just been lazy and was just gonna wait for 9.8.

I got a 5850, so yeah it should have no problem playing pcm.
 
May 14, 2010
5,303
4
0
sherer said:
if you go to pcmdaily.com you can download database updates there. Not sure if there will be a DB that is compatible with your version though.

You can of course still play an old version.
OK, thanks, sherer. :cool: I'll check out pcmdaily.com.
 
Jul 25, 2010
372
0
0
I love this game, don't suppose there are any mac versions is there?

I always loved my team causing carnage on the cobblestones. Could never figure out how to do the TT's thou.
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
it's actually at the end of a race (just before the highlights/replay). It will just crash. No other game/application has done this. I've tried various different settings (in game i mean).



yeah i've been meaning to update the driver, using 9.4 or 9.5 for a while.. fair to say it hasn't been great.
I read 9.6 was good... i've just been lazy and was just gonna wait for 9.8.

I got a 5850, so yeah it should have no problem playing pcm.
Has it happened just before you start a stage/race? I tried to load up stage 3 of the Vuelta, and as per usual, it crashed.
 
craig1985 said:
Has it happened just before you start a stage/race? I tried to load up stage 3 of the Vuelta, and as per usual, it crashed.
I've had the "just-cross-the-finish-and-crash" scenario on many an occasion.

the most common time for it crashing on me is either when there's rain - guaranteed to crash - and also towards the end of a stage in the last 30-40kms
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
1
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
it's actually at the end of a race (just before the highlights/replay). It will just crash. No other game/application has done this. I've tried various different settings (in game i mean).



yeah i've been meaning to update the driver, using 9.4 or 9.5 for a while.. fair to say it hasn't been great.
I read 9.6 was good... i've just been lazy and was just gonna wait for 9.8.

I got a 5850, so yeah it should have no problem playing pcm.
My gaming-computer is an old P4, 3 GB Ram with ATI 4350/1GigRam (9.7) + Windows7 and it works fine.This game is very dependent on (virual) Ram and less on CPU or graphics adapter.
I didn´t have to play around with this 09 version, because as I said, it works fine for me. But I have some experience with older versions or other configurations.

You can try:
- set your virtual Ram at the Windows performance settings manually to a fixed value (3-4 GB) and of course there has to be enough space on C: left.
- delete the PCM folders/files in the "ApplicationData-" and "my Documents"folder (and reinstall the game)
- backup the "local.cdb" in "my Documents"folder
 
Jun 10, 2010
184
0
0
I am best PCM 2010 player. I win all 3 grand tours with Gerdemann in one year.
I can do it in real races with milram, i am good manager
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
craig1985 said:
Has it happened just before you start a stage/race? I tried to load up stage 3 of the Vuelta, and as per usual, it crashed.
it has on a rare occasion, during the race also. but i find on 10' the end is frequent occurrence.

when i do play - which i haven't for a while, just gonna wait for the transfer season to be over and update then - i tend to simulate a lot as a result.

Cobblestoned said:
My gaming-computer is an old P4, 3 GB Ram with ATI 4350/1GigRam (9.7) + Windows7 and it works fine.This game is very dependent on (virual) Ram and less on CPU or graphics adapter.
I didn´t have to play around with this 09 version, because as I said, it works fine for me. But I have some experience with older versions or other configurations.
haha, i have a quad core / 4gb ram / windows 7 64-bit and i have heaps of problems with this game. doesn't seem right :D

Cobblestoned said:
You can try:
- set your virtual Ram at the Windows performance settings manually to a fixed value (3-4 GB) and of course there has to be enough space on C: left.
- delete the PCM folders/files in the "ApplicationData-" and "my Documents"folder (and reinstall the game)
- backup the "local.cdb" in "my Documents"folder
-yeah the vr is set at about 4gb.
-i tried that with 09' didn't make a difference. I uninstalled everything, deleted everything (including the hidden folders) but the problem persisted.
- I haven't tried this, I shall do so.

Archibald said:
I've had the "just-cross-the-finish-and-crash" scenario on many an occasion.
yes this is my big issue. all the riders will pass, and the time will continue, but when the time stops... crash.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
Denkoff said:
I am best PCM 2010 player. I win all 3 grand tours with Gerdemann in one year.
I can do it in real races with milram, i am good manager
meh the game is easy if you make it easy. The training function allows you to make almost any rider win the GTs, not that hard at all.

I hate winning all races with ease, it takes the realism out of the game (I never ever use the crappy training system). I try to make it as difficult as possible.
 
Ryo Hazuki said:
I hate this game. Mostly because it's not realtime. I only play eurotour.
This.

Who the hell thought it'd be a good idea to not make it real time? Most hills are over before you know it. Make it real time and just give us faster speeds if we feel like using them.

I haven't played Eurotour in a long while, but regardless I think this real time issue is the thing that keeps me from playing most races instead of simulating them.
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
hrotha said:
This.

Who the hell thought it'd be a good idea to not make it real time? Most hills are over before you know it. Make it real time and just give us faster speeds if we feel like using them.

I haven't played Eurotour in a long while, but regardless I think this real time issue is the thing that keeps me from playing most races instead of simulating them.
yeah the mountains are a bit of a joke I agree.
Real time has it's downs tho. I already find it tedious to fast forward through the stage as it is. Maybe they could add an element like... simulate the race until 30--40km remaining.
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
1
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
meh the game is easy if you make it easy. The training function allows you to make almost any rider win the GTs, not that hard at all.

I hate winning all races with ease, it takes the realism out of the game (I never ever use the crappy training system). I try to make it as difficult as possible.
I think "hard" and a little doping is the perfect action and balance :D
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
1
0
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
it has on a rare occasion, during the race also. but i find on 10' the end is frequent occurrence.

when i do play - which i haven't for a while, just gonna wait for the transfer season to be over and update then - i tend to simulate a lot as a result.



haha, i have a quad core / 4gb ram / windows 7 64-bit and i have heaps of problems with this game. doesn't seem right :D



-yeah the vr is set at about 4gb.
-i tried that with 09' didn't make a difference. I uninstalled everything, deleted everything (including the hidden folders) but the problem persisted.
- I haven't tried this, I shall do so.



yes this is my big issue. all the riders will pass, and the time will continue, but when the time stops... crash.
I wish you good luck.
Strange thing.

Ah, the quad-cores. :)
I think the gameprogrammers (in general) have just started to support/make the fullest of the dual!-core CPU´s and 64 bit.
 
Mar 10, 2009
341
0
0
sorry for my ignorance what is Euro tour ?

Think I must be crap at the training system as my riders don't seem to improve much
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
When I have simmed a game, for some reason a random break goes up the road and gains more then 5 or 6 minutes and if I'm leading the race GC wise, the highest placed rider in the break ends up winning the overall GC.
 
Mar 10, 2009
341
0
0
craig1985 said:
When I have simmed a game, for some reason a random break goes up the road and gains more then 5 or 6 minutes and if I'm leading the race GC wise, the highest placed rider in the break ends up winning the overall GC.
if you are leading a race you need to defend the jersey. let the break get away and then from about half way through the stage put your rides on the front with relay of about 70 and they will pull the break back.

Does get difficult if you have a few riders on GC though.
 
sherer said:
if you are leading a race you need to defend the jersey. let the break get away and then from about half way through the stage put your rides on the front with relay of about 70 and they will pull the break back.

Does get difficult if you have a few riders on GC though.
but hes talking about simulation,not 3D

when you sim put your leading rider as "leader" and at least 3-4 domestiques as "team mates" and tick chasing dangerous riders,or even chasing any breakaway if you want your sprinter to sprint...9 out of 10 its bunch sprint in the end
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Games and Fantasy Cycling 745

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS