• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hrotha said:
You guys just opened up a whole new world of possibilities.

Is there any way to edit the young rider name generator and, say, input more surnames for the game to choose from? Finnish riders get very repetitive names.

open up your PCM folder, gameplay/youngridercarac

there's a file called regen.xml it holds all the firstname and lastname data for all nations and even some sub-regions.
You can add possible names there. Beware though, you can't open this nicely in excel (it doesn't make nice tables this time), so you have to do it through notepad which is kind of a pain. I've been wanting to create a program for it to edit this more easily but been too lazy :p

Dekker_Tifosi said:
open up your PCM folder, gameplay/youngridercarac

there's a file called regen.xml it holds all the firstname and lastname data for all nations and even some sub-regions.
You can add possible names there. Beware though, you can't open this nicely in excel (it doesn't make nice tables this time), so you have to do it through notepad which is kind of a pain. I've been wanting to create a program for it to edit this more easily but been too lazy :p
Is there anything you don't know? :p

Thanks!

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ah yes, that is true. Same with the sponsor scenario editor of Lachi (in season planner). If your contract is already ending it's not possible to lengthen it.

That's why when I select custom team I first give a contract for 3 years and then edit it to 2090 :)

edit: made my scouts chinese too (i'm with a chinese project now lol)

That problem occured to me once with a Rabo career. The contract ended in 2016(didn't know it was possible to edit to 2100), but I couldn't re-sign or get a new sponsor,
so I was forced to choose between 3 new sponsors.
Luckily I was managing and racing like a boss, and I got Ra(d)leigh as a sponsor.(600 000e/month, and guaranteed domination ofc)

Unfortunately this was only a 2 year deal, so the whole problem would start all over again,
despite still having tried changing the end of contract to 2100 (not being able to contract, budget problems etc)
However, I bypassed this by just offering Radleigh a new sponsor contract in the editor.
I have no idea what parameters I filled in, but apparently it worked.

hrotha said:
Is there anything you don't know? :p

Thanks!

Well since I got my hands on CyM2 and the first (very basic) editor I've done nothing else but edit databases to my liking every year. In the past I publicly gave out my own databases for years. But now I don't have the motivation to do so anymore. Sometimes I help some projects with doing the stats work or giving hints on how to change some advanced stuff.
And I do help people like you with database questions or savegame issues. But most of the stuff I do I do for my own enjoyment for the game.

Like I said, PCM has much potential but most of it is unused...

PCM11 turned out to be too confusing for me, with the annoying drink bottle system, and I went back to PCM06 (runs better on my computer, too). Only thing I miss is the randomize potential option and the form of the day, to err... randomize things a bit, but other than that it is very enjoyable.

Of course playing with the best database the world has ever seen, the Plakker DB, Giant 07. I'm currently playing with a small Colombian team, to do what Coldeportes is doing, but a few years earlier (well, currently getting ***-kicked by Medina and Chacon, Ruben will surely know who they are :D ), on extreme of course.

But I found some random guy, with a not-so-big head. Anyone knows if he still has a bit of potential, even though he's already 27? Seems to be a decent time trialler, but he's totally crap in the mountains sadly.

wiggins.png

Oh, you have to love the transfers of PCM. Bauke Mollema will ride for Team Doha in 2008, Gabon contracted David Bernabeu and McGee (still a solid allrounder) goes to Puris-Kamen, a Serbian continental team. And those are but a few of the weird transfers.

Brilliant game :cool:

Arnout said:
Oh, you have to love the transfers of PCM. Bauke Mollema will ride for Team Doha in 2008, Gabon contracted David Bernabeu and McGee (still a solid allrounder) goes to Puris-Kamen, a Serbian continental team. And those are but a few of the weird transfers.

Brilliant game :cool:
I still can't believe they haven't figured out a way to prevent Euskaltel from signing the likes of Wigans like they did in my current game. It looks like it would be super easy to do with the data already available in the game.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
I still can't believe they haven't figured out a way to prevent Euskaltel from signing the likes of Wigans like they did in my current game. It looks like it would be super easy to do with the data already available in the game.

Aye. There are so many things that they seem to have built into the game to be used at a later date when they get around to it. Probably going to come around at some point in the future, but for the while I can just swap in a Spaniard of roughly the same talent and pretend his grandmother was from Bilbao :rolleyes:

@Arnout: '07 Wiggins is hilarious, thanks for that :D

hrotha said:

Yeah, indeed. Actually, in my DB the Basques have an extra flag next to the Spanish ones (including the newly spawned talents), so apparently a distinction can be made, but the team cannot be forced to adhere to it.

But the general transfer system is crap. I don't know if it's any better in '11 or '12 but the '06 system is just random.

@Caruut: No problem :p

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
How do you increase the FTR/fighter/barodeur stat? Noticed that loads of riders have a wildly different carac_i_barodeur and limit_i_barodeur. Do you just train them as a fighter or what?

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Caruut said:
How do you increase the FTR/fighter/barodeur stat? Noticed that loads of riders have a wildly different carac_i_barodeur and limit_i_barodeur. Do you just train them as a fighter or what?

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but if I recall it correctly, fighter stat doesn't ever change. However, that's not important for your riders, since that stat is just used to define how often an AI rider will attack; it doesn't have any effect on human controlled riders. Some people say that the fighter stat also increases the odds of a green moment during an attack, but it is more like an unproved myth. It did increase the possibility of green moments in previous versions of PCM, and just a very marginal increase, anyways, but I don't think it works the same in PCM12.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Just had a check and it seems none of my riders' fighter stats have increased in 3 years, so I imagine that they don't change. I had thought that it controlled how quickly the yellow bar depleted; if it doesn't, what does?

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Caruut said:
Just had a check and it seems none of my riders' fighter stats have increased in 3 years, so I imagine that they don't change. I had thought that it controlled how quickly the yellow bar depleted; if it doesn't, what does?

Green bar recovery, yellow bar resistance, red bar endurance

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Bumeington said:
Green bar recovery, yellow bar resistance, red bar endurance

Actually, recovery works as in how much of the green bar is regained after each stage. The actual depleting of the green bar depends on the effort of the rider and on stamina/endurance if the stage/race is longer than 200 km. Red bar is controlled by acceleration. As odds as it seems, acceleration doesn't control actual acceleration, but the duration of the attacks (red bar).

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Bumeington said:
Green bar recovery

I'm pretty that recovery is how much green they get back the next stage (so it's irrelevant in 1-day races, even when they're on consecutive days like Gent-Gent and KBK).

yellow bar resistance

Resistance is how well yellow and red regenerate, I think; the ability to attack multiple times.

red bar endurance

Endurance? Isn't that the same stat as stamina? Also I think acceleration controls how fast the red bar depletes - not how fast the rider gets up to top speed, confusingly.

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Loving Pro Cycling Manager after recently getting the 2012 edition.

However I have come across one problem after getting promoted from Continental to Pro Conti, I can hardly enter any races that season leading to the team being relegated back to Continental level. Is there anyway to resolve this? If i get promoted again will it happen again?

is it possible to edit the amount of talent a country produces on PCM 2012? because at the moment caja rural isn't at all happy with me.

my team leaders are Rui Costa for the classics and 1 week races , Mattia Cattaneo for the GT's and Marko Kump for the cobbles, cardoso is still my sprinter and andre cardoso my super dom.

my best spanish riders are arkaiz duran, marcos garcia and jose herrada but i am having a hard time finding young talent and the with the best spanish riders getting old and/or already with contracts with movistar or euskaltel the situation is tough.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I am not too sure, there might be. I'll check it out.

However you shouldn't care for sponsor that much. Sponsor happines etc. doesn't matter at all when he has contract.

His hapinnes matters only in the year his contract runs out. More happy = more chance of renewing with him.

So if it's not your final year With Caja Rural, you shouldn't worry with the sponsors at all really.

P.S. Nice team ;)

TRENDING THREADS