• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Every year I get the new PCM, on manager mode couple of weeks ago I started with Caja Rural, manage to climb up to World Tour (won the Vuelta with Arroyo, I guess 2 mountain altitude training's before, made a little bit of difference :D ) and even sign Wiggins/Geraint Thomas/Kelderman for 2014.

The 2014 season was very good, but in the end of the year went bankruptcy. :D

Netserk said:
Atm I play the Giro (2011 edition) with Movistar. No rider aiming for GC, but only stage wins and red jersey with Rojas. So far I've won three stages solo :cool:

IMO it's much funnier to try and win from a break than dotting up the final mountain.

+1. I also find breakaways in the mountain much more exciting. Especially stages ending with a descent after a big climb.

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
so i got the new version, pcm 2013

not played much yet, just 1 mt stage and tried first week of career now. Lot's of new stuff

not sure if I'm a fan of the new fitness/goal system though

Is there a difference in the mt stages? Heard that there should be a difference with the diesels (Evans) and those who like to attack (Contador).

How the goal system works?

Dekker_Tifosi said:
so i got the new version, pcm 2013

not played much yet, just 1 mt stage and tried first week of career now. Lot's of new stuff

not sure if I'm a fan of the new fitness/goal system though

same...still working out attacking from main group"i do like the individual riders goals though?just rode the tdf as a stage race"it's awesome/the scenery just spectacular...

Just had a pretty awesome bug in stage 1 (in line) of the giro (PCM 2010)

ou3a07.jpg

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
PCM 2012 and new TdF stages

I have been having a blast 3D racing 2013 TdF stages with PCM2012. Except stage 6 is messed up (super laggy) and no one has an update fixing it, yet.
Every evening I race the next day's stage. One thing I don't know if it's just because of add-on stages or if Cyanide doesn't program: roundabouts?

I decided to download 2012 as it was cheap so could see if I liked the game. I used artmoney (forgive me) and made my own custom team. I have Samu Sanchez for the Giro/Vuelta assisted by Velits, Cataldo and JTL. I have Froome for the Tour with Thomas, Pinot and Roche his domestiques. I also reunited the HTC train of EBH, Eisel, Renshaw and Cav to give me lots of sprint wins.

I signed Sep Vanmarke for the cobbles too and he got me 3rd in PR but no match for Cancellara or Boonen.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Has anybody actually ever managed to win all three GT's in one season? I might try that in PCM 13 with an edited RoboBasso :D. On the topic of PCM 13, people who own it- is it worth getting?

Has anybody actually ever managed to win all three GT's in one season?

yep - done it with the Carrots.

currently only have 2009 as that's it for my laptop's capabilities. Looking at a new laptop, so an upgrade in PCM will be on the cards.

What're people's ratings/opinions of PCM versions 2010, 2011, 2012 and the new 2013?
which would you recommend getting?

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I wish they would do it so that the last 1km is slowed down to normal speed, so annoying having to set of a sprint between 1-1.5km.

I got 2013 the other day, its not bad but struggling with sprints both setting lead outs up and also finding myself boxed in from 5km onwards so sometimes i dont even get to contest it cos of how tight the roads are

TRENDING THREADS