• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Parrulo said:
He meant with the same rider.

Are you playing in easy/normal?

Pricey_sky said:
Yep Wiggins won the Giro, Froome Tour and Uran Vuelta. Also won green in the Tour with Cav and EBH won the Vuelta points jersey, Missed out on giro points jersey by 2 points for the clean sweep. Using 2012 version.

What Parrulo said. I'm sure many people have achieved team dominance on easy. I once created an impossibly good superteam on PCM 12, did the double with Nibali then won the Vuelta with Contador. It's no fun, winning each GT by like 5 minutes!

Alphabet said:
What Parrulo said. I'm sure many people have achieved team dominance on easy. I once created an impossibly good superteam on PCM 12, did the double with Nibali then won the Vuelta with Contador. It's no fun, winning each GT by like 5 minutes!

Like I said in my above post I quickly realised it was no fun on easy so play it on hard. I don't think I could win all 3 GT's with the same rider on hard.

OK, everybody has had enough time to play PCM13 to judge. It's currently 50% off on Steam. I already have PCM12. Worth it? And just to be clear: the fact that is 50% shouldn't factor on whether or not it's worth it, it just makes this a particularly good time to buy it.

hrotha said:
OK, everybody has had enough time to play PCM13 to judge. It's currently 50% off on Steam. I already have PCM12. Worth it? And just to be clear: the fact that is 50% shouldn't factor on whether or not it's worth it, it just makes this a particularly good time to buy it.

I actually like it, the fitness system is still a bit weird but i am getting a hang of it.

If its worth it or not i will let it up to guys with more experience buying games than i do :p

Playing 2011. Went into the Tour with Contador (83 mountains), Gesink (82) Kruiswick (77) and Tony Martin (78) (they rated him as a mountain rider).

A fun way to combat Andy Schleck who with 85 mountains, 84 hills 73 flat and 76 tt just flies away from everyone every year and nothing can be done. On hard mode anyway.

Anyway Martin loses time on an early stage so on the Tourmalet stage, I send Martin up the road as a launch pad for Gesink, only the bunch doesnt react for the whole stage and by the end of the day, Martin finishes 11 minutes ahead and is 6 minutes ahead on the gc.

Now, I have no idea what to do. Do I continue with Contador as a leader, by attacking on the mountain stages, which will guarantee that Martin loses all his 6 minutes quite soon, or should I focus on Martin, who will without a doubt lose time on every mountain stage (3 left), and on the 2 hill stages, but will gain at least a minute or 2 in the itt?

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I had one stage where although I was leading the Giro (by about 20 seconds, Quintana vs Nibali) I sent Stybar (custom team) up the road in a 3 man break and just had a token rider helping the front, none of the teams cared and they won by 30 minutes, it ment stybar went into 2nd...just ridiculous

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Vino, do you go on PCM Daily? I downloaded the 04 db and was Telekom gave the DB a complete overhaul stats wise, and of course you will like them, Ullrich, Vino, Kloeden combo is lethal in the TDF. Of course their all worst than Basso and Armstrong uphill so i always make 1 of them lose time delibrately in this case Vino(you wont be happy lol) i make him go in breaks attack with Ullrich on the multi climb stages on the 2nd to last climb i will attack with Ullrich and tell vino to stop then he can use his downhill to open up the gap, then on the final climb Vino will usually blow after like a KM then Ullrich always has the benefit of losing as lil time as possible to the climbers and it means Kloeden can stay in the pack and follow wheels if it goes wrong(sometimes it does). It's no good doing it when their is a 15 plus km climb its best on stages like the Pailhares/AX-3 stage becuase AX is a short climb.

I had a great season though annoying thing is i done the Giro/Tour with Ullrich thinking i could probably win the Giro if no Basso or Armstrong their guess what they both done the Giro lol, so if i had done just the TDF i would have had the extra bit on them fitness wise. Arsmtrong done the double, i came 2nd in TDF 3rd in Giro(i done the Giro on 3 fitness). I will do La Vuelta now with Vino and Evans as leaders.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
hrotha said:

Get it i would i think its good personally i always preferd 11 but i will always like that 1 one of the reasons is the profile lol i prefer the white profile to this one on 12 and 13 also think you will enjoy the classics on this game, harder to win la Vuelta etc...

achenk

BANNED
Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
never heard of but have never played it next time will try to play it seemed interesting
w.png

TRENDING THREADS