• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
The problem is PCM Daily has:

1) lost the owner and creator of the site PCM Daily and is now under new management
2) the same owner and creator also managed the team around the database. Now the DB team is in shambles. They even asked PCM Focus to help, but they have their own project

So the conclusion is
3) Expect no pcm daily db for the time being, and if there is, expect it to be of lower quality then it used to be.

My protip:
wait for the french community database of mede33.

I can personally state, this DAily DB is better than last years's to, while the crew lost two members, they gained 6 others which made for more details to be added than ever before. Also just for the sake, the owner and creator of past databases, did **** all last year/two , and 90% of job was done by a guy called lluuiiggii, just sayin'

And also funnily enough, it's PCM Focus who wanted to co- lead the DB's together, bu it was a no go from start.

( for anyone else, definitely try out the French DB, Daily and French Db differ , but both are/should be quality! )

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Yh PCM Daily went well downhill imo. Keep saying a DB V2 for PCM 13 yet not even out. Last year it was out way before this.

Well there might be a V2 still, but it was to be done by the owner that left, there still could be a release for PCM 13, but PCM 14 DB was priority I believe.

Since owner did change, and the main guy behind DB lluuiiggii has lost motivation, it was hard to find new team again quickly, hence the slower release of db. Having now more than ever members working on it for free, the release will be done in next days.

And here's the link with all the features of theDAily Expansion Pack so far:
http://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=36530

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
Im currently still playing PCM 12, is there a 2014 database I can add onto this or is the PCM 14 game now fixed all the bugs like the contract issue? I don't mind buying the latest version if it runs well in career mode.

I think 14 is as stable as it's going to get. I've not played that much of it(due to lack of time)but I think the final patch(as it stands) sorted out the contract bug.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
From what I know

Daily - less teams, better stats ( orienated for WT and PCT teams )
FCD - way more teams (CT's) worse stats, definitely go for it if you prefer playing CT teams

Although there's an update coming to Daily Exp Pack in a week or so. So you might wait a bit for that until starting career I guess.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
Thanks!

Truth be told, those updates are soooo humungous I settled for a much smaller one (FDB 14 v1.0). Let's see if it's good enough. :p

Is that the Focus one? Some of the stats are baffling, to say the least :D

But if you don't mind, graphically it's very nice :cool:

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if you can play PCM on a Mac using a free option (but buying the game of course). For example, I can play skyrim using Wine; bought skyrim on the steam sale and wine simulates it over to mac.

I would love to play PCM but can't afford to buy a copy of windows.

Has anybody figured out how to plan seasons on pcm14?

I had the old style completely figured out but with the new one i was hopeless, not that i gave it more than 2 tries . . .

Also is the game stable now? There too many bugs last time i tried to play it, but i might give it a go if it has been fixed.

Re:

bdoyle86 said:
5 more days until PCM 2015!

tumblr_mu0antTBb41s5y7ano1_500.gif

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I also only played be a pro mode. The first season went great, but after that i can't raise my fitness above mediocre :confused: ..

If I increase my trainingintensity the fitness in the graph goes up, but it stays at mediocre, any one else had this problem?

TRENDING THREADS