• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
vcampbell said:
Play at least hard, or extreme. I think on hard is the most realistic, but on extreme there is a real challenge.

When Leipheimer is an absolute leader, and you use him always as a domestique, and don't try to win him races, then his morale will go down.

No, the computer was acting as Chavanel and Devolder. Those riders weren't in my team. And if abs. leaders wins smaller races like Asturias and Georgia but domestique's TDF or Ardennes Classics, is that generally enough to satisfy them?

May 25, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I still play the 09-Version. I can´t buy the 10-Version because i have invested 1+ year in making up the 09-Database (erasing caught dopers, and make realistic attributes). It was worth it. Now it´s great. Contador is still winning the TdF but doing so without winning 5 Stages. Cavendish now wins or don´t finish in the Top-10 etc. etc.! It´s all as realistic as it can get now. I enjoy it. The only thing i couldn´t change is the too big time gaps between groups at MTF´s.

BTW, i absolutely don´t care about graphics. The only reason to purchase a computer game is, it has to be realistic. And nothing comes close to the PCM.

I once tried NFL-Games and Soccer-Games. Super graphics, many plays etc. etc.! But they failed miserably in verisimilitude. Who´s punting the Ball 160 times a season? And how many times the score of a soccer game is 6-3 after 90 minutes?

I better live with some bad graphics, because who´s looking at graphics when you have all hands full to keep your captain in the lead group, and defending attacks by opposing riders?

PCM is a very good sports game one of my favourite but it pales in comparison to the work and gameplay that is Football Manager. If you're into sports games and management games, then that is a must have.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
bicing said:
When I played Le Tour for the first time I had Chavanel and Devolder in the top 10. Bloody ridiculous!

You might play the original Database?

Tuarts said:
PCM is a very good sports game one of my favourite but it pales in comparison to the work and gameplay that is Football Manager. If you're into sports games and management games, then that is a must have.

Which Football Manager? There are so many. Thanks.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
i have done some changes to the database of my pcm2009 but they don't appear ingame. . .

what do i have to do for them to appear?

I open the Database, choose the language (in my case german), then open it, make the changes, edit the changes.

Next step: Safe the changes to "Erstelle CDB Datenbank". I save it under "radsport.cdb". Then i close the Database. May up to here you did it all correct.

Now i enter the game. Go to options. Choose the "radsport.cdb" as Database. Click ok. Now i play with my own Database. Whether "career" or "classics" or "stage races".
----------------------------
May someone can help me: How do i upload fotos of riders into my database. I already converted the pics, which i uploaded from the internet to my computer, from from "jpeg" to "tga". I even came that far that the pics appear in the "picture box" (where all the attributes of the riders are. I hope you people know what i mean).
But when i click edit/safe, they still don´t appear in the game. That makes me crazy. I need help please :eek:

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd imagine wanting 2011 db atm is a bit demanding. I'd wait to at least the start of March before expecting any of them finished.

But damn, been thinking of this game for awhile. Need to get my pc fixed so I can play it. :(

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Denkoff said:
I am strongest pcm player in the world:mad:

i am not..... although i think i was cheated out of a giro win yesterday by an obviously doped scarponi he did a landis one stage.... first hill he just rode away he was alone over 3 mountains and kirchen(with 79 in mountains v scarponis 80) going at full effort ina group with contador couldn't catch him and lost more time on the final climb .... I was 2 20 ahead or something before teh stage and lost over 3 minutes... there waso nly one mountain stage after that which he won in the final sprint and I could only take 11 seconds off him in the final time trial... booooooooooooooooooooo.. I am awaiting the news report that his biological passport is dodgy though..

Next up is the tdf with Karpets :S but I think he can win it he has 80 for mountains after the training camp :)S realistic) and 76 for time trials....

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I used to play this really often :). Making your 'own' cyclist in the database and putting him in a not too good pro team and trying to win the TdF / Giro was ace, but obviously with weaker stats than the best climbers and TT'rs.

Cant wait for PCM 2011. :)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bootcamp does not simulate windows, it allows you to create a windows installation on a separate 'partition' of your hard-drive from the one where you have Mac OS installed. It's not massively hard to do, but it probably isn't worth it for PCM.

PCM 11 ought to come out around the Tour de France, that is usually what they aim for.

TRENDING THREADS