• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Guys I thought I did but tbh not sure??

Kind of getting a bit better only that I was in the breakaway group with Cancellera and managed to get third plus extra points on the sprints, but getting the sprints right is hard but very satisfying when to get better :)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
when you start the game go to options and check out databases, make sure your custom db is selected.

I think you might be able to make edits and add riders during a career tho, using the fast editor or something similatr. Not 100% sure tho.

--

anyway I dunno if anyone has ever had the crash error when you try to go to the next day the game will crash, and keep crashing when ever you try. The only way to bypass this is by going to the next day clicking on it and then selecting simulate with or without interruptions (sure you guys know what I mean). Unfortunately I got the error on the 31st of dec and thus cannot apply my fix. what bad luck :(

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I think you might be able to make edits and add riders during a career tho, using the fast editor or something similatr. Not 100% sure tho.

--

anyway I dunno if anyone has ever had the crash error when you try to go to the next day the game will crash, and keep crashing when ever you try. The only way to bypass this is by going to the next day clicking on it and then selecting simulate with or without interruptions (sure you guys know what I mean). Unfortunately I got the error on the 31st of dec and thus cannot apply my fix. what bad luck :(

Help me out here, what's the fast editor?

Also, I never had that crash... Game crashed a couple of times after a race when I clicked the 'go to results' button, or during a race but never in the menu or career screen....

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

Yea or I had the bug when you select a race to simulate you can't choose which riders will ride and it crashes too... :S

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
when you start the game go to options and check out databases, make sure your custom db is selected.

--

You play with the PCMDAILYdb and wanna go to 2014? It's a bug, but quite easy to solve: http://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=20495

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Just finished one of the best PCM stages I've played in a long while.

Stage 6, Tour de Suisse 2014.

Quintana is my leader, building for the Tour. He lost some time in the hilly stages and in the prologue, currently sat 22nd overall at around 2 minutes behind leader Kreuziger. F.Schleck is 2nd with teammate Andy a minute or so further back.

Had Sarmiento in top form in the top 10, so tried to stir things up with a long range Quintana effort. Unfortunately couldn't get any team mate in the break so ended up attacking with Quintana on the first climb with 190km+ to go, just as a test move to shred to bunch. Sky set a steady tempo but let him go!

So Nairo rode about 50 effort and built up a surprisingly big lead - over 12 minutes to the bunch at one point with some other attackers in between. It was at this point I checked the game was on Hard - it was - as on easier levels you get the AI acting funny with gaps etc. The bunch was down to around 60 riders and 9 mins behind Quintana at the big unclassfied climb at 60km to go - then - attack Andy Schleck!

Big reaction from the bunch shredded it, only 20 guys left, all the favourites taking turns for over 50km! Took a big chunk of time from Quintana down to about 5 minutes at the bottom of the final climb. Then there were a huge number of attacks in the favourites group and Frank got within 3 mins of Quintana - I'm thinking he is toast.

But the last 5km of the climb all the favourites slowed, all the chasing of Quintana and attacking had killed them! Frank was the only one with any strength left to chase but even he lost time to Quintana in the final 10kms, Nairo had had a relatively easy ride out front and still had some energy whilst the favourites were all dead! Kreuziger completely cracked, the whole team worked all day for him and he lost over 5 min in the last 10km!!

So Quintana completed a 190km solo win and took the yellow jersey!

pcm0062a.png

pcm0063j.png

will10 said:

Quintana is my leader, building for the Tour. He lost some time in the hilly stages and in the prologue, currently sat 22nd overall at around 2 minutes behind leader Kreuziger. F.Schleck is 2nd with teammate Andy a minute or so further back.

Had Sarmiento in top form in the top 10, so tried to stir things up with a long range Quintana effort. Unfortunately couldn't get any team mate in the break so ended up attacking with Quintana on the first climb with 190km+ to go, just as a test move to shred to bunch. Sky set a steady tempo but let him go!

So Nairo rode about 50 effort and built up a surprisingly big lead - over 12 minutes to the bunch at one point with some other attackers in between. It was at this point I checked the game was on Hard - it was - as on easier levels you get the AI acting funny with gaps etc. The bunch was down to around 60 riders and 9 mins behind Quintana at the big unclassfied climb at 60km to go - then - attack Andy Schleck!

Big reaction from the bunch shredded it, only 20 guys left, all the favourites taking turns for over 50km! Took a big chunk of time from Quintana down to about 5 minutes at the bottom of the final climb. Then there were a huge number of attacks in the favourites group and Frank got within 3 mins of Quintana - I'm thinking he is toast.

But the last 5km of the climb all the favourites slowed, all the chasing of Quintana and attacking had killed them! Frank was the only one with any strength left to chase but even he lost time to Quintana in the final 10kms, Nairo had had a relatively easy ride out front and still had some energy whilst the favourites were all dead! Kreuziger completely cracked, the whole team worked all day for him and he lost over 5 min in the last 10km!!

pcm0062a.png

pcm0063j.png

sounds nice :) did just win the giro with Rujano myself, was one hell of a Zoncolan stage i got there

will10 said:

pcm0062a.png

pcm0063j.png

You say you attacked as a test? But isnt there only a limited number of attacks a rider can do. I remember after trying 2 or 3 attacks in a stage with the same rider sometimes and I try to follow an attack, the red and yellow bars go from full to nothing immediately.

Isnt putting it on the dot and going 86 a better option?

Also Im surprised to hear you got 12 minutes by keeping it on 50. I would have thought youd need 70 at a minimum to match the pack.

Vino attacks everyone said:
sounds nice :) did just win the giro with Rujano myself, was one hell of a Zoncolan stage i got there

Just did Grossglockner a few days ago so I am going to do Zoncolan today.

Finally I get to see the Crostis.

Finally.

Its a big day for me

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I attacked as a test to make the strong Sky team chase and shred the pack. I don't worry about "using up" a rider's attacks, on the final climb it's the dot anyway.

52 relay on that 2nd climb gained me minutes on the bunch, you're talking a GC contender against someone like Nordhaug setting a steady pace.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
Livestrong is in the game? :p and you accepted :eek:

Hey I have the honour of the biggest dopeabuser (sorry for outside the clinic) sponsoring me. Pretty funny. I'm not sure if its in the game normally but I run the PCMDaily database, so either it was in or it was added - scout for sponsors in America with Regional publicity :p

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
put hard pace on Crostis, if you are lucky u are alone over the top because the other contenders usually get stuck in the bunch for a little bit before they start chasing

Yea, ride pace with your GC guy + someone with great descending if possible and have a 1 min lead before you start on the Zoncolan and ride high pace all the way. You'll win by atleast 2 or 3 mins if done correctly :p.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
Help me out here, what's the fast editor?

Also, I never had that crash... Game crashed a couple of times after a race when I clicked the 'go to results' button, or during a race but never in the menu or career screen....

an editior (genrally user-made :see pcmdaily:
can help you do lots of things.. edit riders, races, teams, budgets etc.. without the need for starting a new games. Very helpful.

Euskaltellert said:
You play with the PCMDAILYdb and wanna go to 2014? It's a bug, but quite easy to solve: http://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=20495

thanks.

The Hitch said:
Isnt putting it on the dot and going 86 a better option?
e

86 or even 70 on dot on solo effort and your toast withgin 50 km before you start rocking your bike for the remainder of the stage whilst going snale pace. Basically a sure thing for leaving the race.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Havetts said:
Hey I have the honour of the biggest dopeabuser (sorry for outside the clinic) sponsoring me. Pretty funny. I'm not sure if its in the game normally but I run the PCMDaily database, so either it was in or it was added - scout for sponsors in America with Regional publicity

Hehe :p as long as you use training camps there's no problem with being sponsored by a dope abuser :p
Also, how long does it take you to scout a sponsor? I'm 3 months far in my 2nd season and didn't find anyone yet :eek:

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
an editior (genrally user-made :see pcmdaily:
can help you do lots of things.. edit riders, races, teams, budgets etc.. without the need for starting a new games. Very helpful.

So It's not the db editor from the startup screen.. Where do you find it then ? :p(noobing all over the place!)

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
Hehe :p as long as you use training camps there's no problem with being sponsored by a dope abuser :p
Also, how long does it take you to scout a sponsor? I'm 3 months far in my 2nd season and didn't find anyone yet :eek:

So It's not the db editor from the startup screen.. Where do you find it then ? :p(noobing all over the place!)

You have to be logined in first to access the page. You have choice of 3 editors and you can download whatever one you like best :- )

http://pcmdaily.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?catid=64

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
86 or even 70 on dot on solo effort and your toast withgin 50 km before you start rocking your bike for the remainder of the stage whilst going snale pace. Basically a sure thing for leaving the race.

I meant 86 on the dot as an attack to get away from the pack or to crack a few riders, before going back to a normal pace. not for the whole race:p

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:

I found alot of sponsors right after I won the Giro, I was frustrated too at first when I just wouldnt find a sponsor after the first 2 / 3 months and then they all wanted to sponsor me at once.

http://pcmdaily.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=808

I think.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have that fast editor but I've got no idea how to change stuff for my current savefile.. :confused: I've opened the fast editor and the PCMDaily database but my Career team isnt in that list.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Take it real easy on the flat section (you'll be like 180th at the 1st check point) then hammer it on the climb, prepare to win by minutes ;)

TRENDING THREADS