• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
that's what annoys me about TTs yu have to find out how bad you need to be on the flats in one I got overtaken and still won it. Surely you should be able to go at a steady pace and be up there at all checks if you are a top TTer

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
TT's are supereasy if your guy has 73+, especially if there's a hill in it. Just check how hard you can let the others go, like 58 -65 depending on the distance. Then prepare for your good TT guy to go at a little more than most of the team and boom, you win....

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
All right your the boss, ill try it. By easy you mean like 50 and hammer you mean like 90 right?

Haha you ever tried 90 on a TT ? :p Suicide, your bar will run out in under a kilometre. I mean more like 56-57 and 75-76 as good values. Adjust accordingly depending oh how it goes ofcourse ! Goodluck.

Michielveedeebee said:
TT's are supereasy if your guy has 73+, especially if there's a hill in it. Just check how hard you can let the others go, like 58 -65 depending on the distance. Then prepare for your good TT guy to go at a little more than most of the team and boom, you win....

ya pretty much, the best way is to keep the same effort along the entire tt just use all your team to find out the perfect number ofc it will be different for each rider depending on form and itt quality but with time you will get it right.

in pcm 2010 with the 2011 DB i just won P-N with brajkovic by pulling a perfect itt and barely just barely holding on to contador in the mountains(i gave 85 on mountains to contador but brajkovic was in top shape and i highly doubt that contador was) i am also about to winning the giro with a hired in jannuary ricco :p

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes though the computer goes on insaneeee mode during TT's. Happened to me alot during PCM10, I'd ride with rider of 79 TT and 92 form and contador with 79 TT just d*cked me over by 2 minutes when I basically rode a great TT :confused:.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
On PCM 2009 with PCMDaily'10 DB I've created a 20 man "super-youngsters" team. :D

Riders:
Boasson Hagen (L)
Kreuziger (L)
Taaramae (L)
Goss
Intxausti
Kiserlovski
Kruijswijk
Rolland
Sagan
Coppel
Kittel
D.Martin
Oss
Sicard
TJVG
Vanmarcke
Bobridge
Castroviejo
Degenkolb
Phinney

I'll let you know how I go. Will sim all bar the NC + WT races, as well as a couple of others that interest me. Should be interesting :D

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
TdF 2014: Alberto untouchable.

pcm0065.png

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Just started a new game as Aqua & Sapone, got my *** handed to me by Basso. I was second on 8:37 when Kruijswijk was 3rd on 17 minutes. Changed difference to Hard and I immediatly noticed.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Tuarts said:
On PCM 2009 with PCMDaily'10 DB I've created a 20 man "super-youngsters" team. :D

Riders:
Boasson Hagen (L)
Kreuziger (L)
Taaramae (L)
Goss
Intxausti
Kiserlovski
Kruijswijk
Rolland
Sagan
Coppel
Kittel
D.Martin
Oss
Sicard
TJVG
Vanmarcke
Bobridge
Castroviejo
Degenkolb
Phinney

I'll let you know how I go. Will sim all bar the NC + WT races, as well as a couple of others that interest me. Should be interesting :D

no offense intended here, I try to avoid a team full of stars, in fact I generally look for more domestiques and only a few leaders.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
no offense intended here, I try to avoid a team full of stars, in fact I generally look for more domestiques and only a few leaders.

I try to keep a realistic squad structure too. Often this gives you a small disadvantage as you tend to get one or two AI teams building superteams. In the TdF above, Contador was supported by BMC teammates: Nibali, Ricco, Vanendert, Kern, Pozzato, Hushovd.... crazy.

will10 said:
I try to keep a realistic squad structure too. Often this gives you a small disadvantage as you tend to get one or two AI teams building superteams. In the TdF above, Contador was supported by BMC teammates: Nibali, Ricco, Vanendert, Kern, Pozzato, Hushovd.... crazy.

heh, thats nothing to his Movistar team on my Leopard save... not funny when he got 8 of 8 helpers with him to the very end of every mountain stage... (helper include Valverde, Soler, LLS, Rujano ffs...)

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
heh, thats nothing to his Movistar team on my Leopard save... not funny when he got 8 of 8 helpers with him to the very end of every mountain stage... (helper include Valverde, Soler, LLS, Rujano ffs...)

Sounds like the good old USPostal days :D

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:

Normally I play continental team, don't think I've ever played as a pro-tour team, the last times I was at a Grand Tour was the Tour with Barloworld and the Vuelta with Andalucia on PCM 07. All I'm looking for out of this game is to race in the protour races, which i've very rarely done, with a team full of riders I'm happy with and can at least races against guys with late-70s/early 80s stats. This gives me the opportunity to do so and if I'm skipping the smaller races it might make the game go faster for me than usual, I find I don't finish a season more often than not.

Tuarts said:
Normally I play continental team, don't think I've ever played as a pro-tour team, the last times I was at a Grand Tour was the Tour with Barloworld and the Vuelta with Andalucia on PCM 07. All I'm looking for out of this game is to race in the protour races, which i've very rarely done, with a team full of riders I'm happy with and can at least races against guys with late-70s/early 80s stats. This gives me the opportunity to do so and if I'm skipping the smaller races it might make the game go faster for me than usual, I find I don't finish a season more often than not.

I got to the Tour with a team that started with 1 star once, after 2 ore 3 seasons. think it was 08 game ore something, my best placing was 3 from a breakaway

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Tuarts said:

I do understand this, when I play witha good team I generally skip heaps of smaller races (just use for form building). Takes way too long otherwise, and personally I mainoly enjoy GTs in the game.

i won the giro with ricco lul nibali, andy and scarponi didn't stand a chance :p

went away with the dot on finestre and ended up winning by 2 minutes on nibali who almost caught me on the descent and more time on every1 else

i was sad by the guys in the breakaway who lost 17 minutes on finestre :eek: (a breakaway full of great climbers like sep vanmarck lol)

Parrulo said:
i won the giro with ricco lul nibali, andy and scarponi didn't stand a chance :p

went away with the dot on finestre and ended up winning by 2 minutes on nibali who almost caught me on the descent and more time on every1 else

i was sad by the guys in the breakaway who lost 17 minutes on finestre :eek: (a breakaway full of great climbers like sep vanmarck lol)

Im about to do finnestre today or tomorrow.

How do you " go away with the dot"?

Do you attack first, get a gap and then put the dot or do you not attack and just drop them 1 by 1?

also what figure do you put the dot on? 80? 85?

And how far out do you attack?

On the descents do you keep the dot or go easier?

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:

I had that too, the breakaway had a lead of 14 minutes and 5 kilometers before the end of the Finestre I overtook them. Full out with the dot from the base of the climb, only Basso could hang on. Then Basso won by 7 seconds on Sestrieres, damn you hard difficulty I raged so badly that moment. Final kilometers and my guy succumbs. :(

TRENDING THREADS