• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
maltiv said:
Has anyone else experienced to have young riders with tons of stars simply not developing? I found a ridiculously talented scouted rider last season who more or less has 6 stars in everything, yet he hasn't improved 1 single stat in more than 1 year of gametime. I even bought a top class trainer for him...:confused:

sendt him to enough races? ore mybe to many? i belive both to many and to few can make someone develop slow

just started the giro on my second season, ricco and henao(improved greatly btw september and march) are leading the team and both are in tip top shape, so i should be able to top 5(sponsor goal) and maybe even win as the first mountain was a descent finish and i managed to get a little gap at the top with both ricco and henao and andy on every1 else and on the descend i gained like a minute on the other favourites( basso scarponi and rujano) but the fact that half way down andy fell and lost like 3 minutes on that stage is what is bringing up my chances tho as he was clearly stronger on the climb :p

the rest of the season had is ups and downs 1 stage win a P-N( and a top 10 on the overall) 2 stage wins in T-A and top 10 overall, very bad vuelta a catalunia. . . and won pais vasco, andalucia, asturias and murcia lol

on the classics side well . . . i won roubaix with haussler by being very lucky (boonen got injured at the ronde) and in roubaix canc had the flat and i went right away leaving leif hoste alone chasing me :p tepstra finished 4 at the ronde and haussler 10th on the 10 man sprint,haussler went from being perfectly positioned in 4th wheel behind tepstra to being in 10th position and tepstra first position of the group so i really messed up at the ronde after keeping it perfect for the sprint with haussler. i forgot to race valverde for the hilly classics so he didn't have much race form best i could get was a podium at amstell and second at liege losing the sprint to cunego.

Parrulo said:
on the classics side well . . . i won roubaix with haussler by being very lucky (boonen got injured at the ronde) and in roubaix canc had the flat and i went right away leaving leif hoste alone chasing me :p tepstra finished 4 at the ronde and haussler 10th on the 10 man sprint,haussler went from being perfectly positioned in 4th wheel behind tepstra to being in 10th position and tepstra first position of the group so i really messed up at the ronde after keeping it perfect for the sprint with haussler. i forgot to race valverde for the hilly classics so he didn't have much race form best i could get was a podium at amstell and second at liege losing the sprint to cunego.

Your roubaixs seem to end up very fun. Didnt you say that in another once all but your riders fell in a crash or something?

The Hitch said:
Your roubaixs seem to end up very fun. Didnt you say that in another once all but your riders fell in a crash or something?

PCM 2004 all but 8 riders fell with 100k to go and all of them dropped out i had 4(serguey ivanov, zabel, klier and woseman) in that group of 8 and the other 4 were second tier cobbled riders (unlike klier and woseman at the time) so it was fun and extremely easy :p

but ya this was also a fun edition of roubaix after getting a new tire canc was closing the gap at the speed of light hoste finished like 30 secs behind haussler and canc who was like 2 minutes behind after the flat finished just 5 seconds shy of hoste

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Sergei Ivanov won MSR after he broke away (he has 81FTR! Katusha <3 over at pcmdaily or what) and no one else gave a ****. Managed to be first of the pack over the Poggio with EBH and avoid the million billion crashes that happened on the descent (lol does that happen all the time in game?) that dashed Griepel and Cavendish but not having him follow someone at 12km ****ed up his chances for a good sprint. Should have attacked on the descent tbh.

Into my 3rd year with Skil Shimano and Chavanel has just won PR and has already won RVV and MSR, and if o remember correctly he finished top 5 in LBL last year and I'm starting to get worried is going to clean up the monuments. I've certainly not had a great classics season. And now I'm too scared to look at Chavanels stats incase he's turned into Sean Kelly

chavannel is also pretty badass on my PCM 10 with 11 DB. i think he has a roubaix win.

worst of all on my game is that devolder won 2 rondes in a row and has now the record for most ronde wins :eek:

cunego also has 2 lieges i think. . .not sure, must check when i come back home

Parrulo said:
chavannel is also pretty badass on my PCM 10 with 11 DB. i think he has a roubaix win.

worst of all on my game is that devolder won 2 rondes in a row and has now the record for most ronde wins :eek:

cunego also has 2 lieges i think. . .not sure, must check when i come back home

It can't be quite funny when riders you don't expect dominate.

Midnightfright said:
It can't be quite funny when riders you don't expect dominate.

meh it doesn't really bothers me, better then me winning everything tbh

anyway i am about to win the giro(hopefully) with ricco once again, scarponi has been time trailing like canc and the giro has 3 itt's+ 1 prologue so i have to gain time on every mountain stage and with 1 mountain stage and 1 40k itt to go i only have a 1,20 lead which doesn't make me all that confident tbh as on the first big itt scarponi gained 1 minute and 10 on ricco and he has more recovery then ricco which will be a problem for the last mountain stage and itt.

also funny fact on the toughest mountain stage i used all my team and lampre also did the same(super squad with niemec spilack and kachenskin) to set a very fast pace from the first mountain till the last 1 and that ended up with 100 riders finishing out of the time cut. . . so for the last 5 days of the giro the peloton only had 90 riders and more may finish outside the time cut on the last mountain stage . . . that may be a record :p

Parrulo said:
meh it doesn't really bothers me, better then me winning everything tbh

anyway i am about to win the giro(hopefully) with ricco once again, scarponi has been time trailing like canc and the giro has 3 itt's+ 1 prologue so i have to gain time on every mountain stage and with 1 mountain stage and 1 40k itt to go i only have a 1,20 lead which doesn't make me all that confident tbh as on the first big itt scarponi gained 1 minute and 10 on ricco and he has more recovery then ricco which will be a problem for the last mountain stage and itt.

also funny fact on the toughest mountain stage i used all my team and lampre also did the same(super squad with niemec spilack and kachenskin) to set a very fast pace from the first mountain till the last 1 and that ended up with 100 riders finishing out of the time cut. . . so for the last 5 days of the giro the peloton only had 90 riders and more may finish outside the time cut on the last mountain stage . . . that may be a record :p

i have a save (year 2014) where Conta is captain, i have as helpers in the tour: Navarro, Machado, Garderen, Anton, Heano, Kreuziger, Van Summeren and Tony Martin... not even fun

Vino attacks everyone said:
i have a save (year 2014) where Conta is captain, i have as helpers in the tour: Navarro, Machado, Garderen, Anton, Heano, Kreuziger, Van Summeren and Tony Martin... not even fun

lol nice super team :p

turns out i managed to get dropped on the last mountain stage and managed my losses in the itt winning the giro by 14 secs :cool: way to go ricco henao pipped cunego for third in the last mountain stage and itt btw

p.s. and now i am going to use the money i won in the giro to fire robbie mcewen and horner and after the tour kloden :p

they are old, expensive and losing quality yet still complain that they don't get leadership roles anymore. . . . they are just annoying overall, for the price of 1 i will hire 3 young domestiques for mixed terrain and guardini ofc :p

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
they are old, expensive and losing quality yet still complain that they don't get leadership roles anymore. . . . they are just annoying overall, for the price of 1 i will hire 3 young domestiques for mixed terrain and guardini ofc :p

This is the most damn annoying thing in PCM, besides the finance system.. I HAVE GOTTEN NEW BETTER RIDERS ACCEPT THE DAMN FACT THAT WHEN YOU HAVE 77 CLIMBING YOU ARE WORSE THAN A 82 CLIMBER >_>.

:D

Parrulo said:
p.s. and now i am going to use the money i won in the giro to fire robbie mcewen and horner and after the tour kloden :p

One thing is that those 38 years old guys are losing stats, but once I bought Samuel Sanchez in July when he had 81 mountain, and when he joined my team he suddenly only had 77 mountain (money wasted...). Turns out his age of decline was set at 33, but seems a little extreme to go from potential TDF winner to a domestique in 1 year :p

Havetts said:
This is the most damn annoying thing in PCM, besides the finance system.. I HAVE GOTTEN NEW BETTER RIDERS ACCEPT THE DAMN FACT THAT WHEN YOU HAVE 77 CLIMBING YOU ARE WORSE THAN A 82 CLIMBER >_>.

:D

exactly hell machado is better then horner and he didn't even ask for a leadership role when i renewed with him earlier in the season. . . renewing with ricco is being hard tho he will force me to give him a lot of money <_<

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
haha yeah, I always fire the old guys. be gone opa :p

exactly, at the end of 2 seasons zubeldia, bottle, horner, kloden and mcewen will all be gone from the shack and the last 3 actually had contract for 1 more year. . . .

maltiv said:
One thing is that those 38 years old guys are losing stats, but once I bought Samuel Sanchez in July when he had 81 mountain, and when he joined my team he suddenly only had 77 mountain (money wasted...). Turns out his age of decline was set at 33, but seems a little extreme to go from potential TDF winner to a domestique in 1 year :p

ya sometimes when they drop they drop really fast, its almost impressive kloden actually improved a bit before the tour on my first season and had 78 average 2 weeks after the end of the tour he dropped to 76 average. bottle has become useless at rabo during this season, has like 75 mo and 77 itt. . . . really nice timing from me to get rid of him

I love it how the game is so realistic.

Let us take Philippe Gilbert as an example.

He can:

- Completely ravage the pack as a leadout man (If he is leading out second rate sprinters they will not get past him.

Real-life example: http://youtu.be/Cfe7pIg1Lv8?t=12m12s

- Dominate uphill sprints even though he will constantly finish about 5th to 10th place in flat sprints.

Real-life example: Tour de France 2011

- And basically accelerate the hell out of everyone.

But he cannot climb with the GT contenders or time trial all that well.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
so for the last 5 days of the giro the peloton only had 90 riders and more may finish outside the time cut on the last mountain stage . . . that may be a record :p

I actually finished the tour with 56 riders after pulling an Andy Schleck with JVDB on the Alpe d'huez stage :p

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
I actually finished the tour with 56 riders after pulling an Andy Schleck with JVDB on the Alpe d'huez stage :p

I had a stage like the Gardeccia one in the 2012 Giro, with a full team of 76+ climbing and I started pounding **** on the 2nd climb.. Only 2 of Aqua & Sapone survived that stage, Garzelli and Miholjevic :p. Finished that Giro with 63 riders in total. :D

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I'm in to my 3rd year of PCM 11 and for some reason all the races have the same parcours for every year, is this the same for everybody or is there a patch to update it?

greatking88 said:
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I'm in to my 3rd year of PCM 11 and for some reason all the races have the same parcours for every year, is this the same for everybody or is there a patch to update it?
Unfortunately the official DB doesn't change the parcours anymore...you have to download the pcmdaily DB, which is much better than the original anyway :)

TRENDING THREADS