• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep, no Landis-like attacks etc. Wish you could play something like "Be A Pro" or "co-op Carreer/Season" next year with your buddies.

will10 said:
What difficultly level are you playing?

Does a higher difficulty mean that the opponenet riders stats increase, and someone with say 5 points less than you in climbing will be able to hang with your rider, or does it merely increase their tactics, so that the -5 rider wont be able to hang with you, but his teammates will help him'/ attack etc?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Does a higher difficulty mean that the opponenet riders stats increase, and someone with say 5 points less than you in climbing will be able to hang with your rider, or does it merely increase their tactics, so that the -5 rider wont be able to hang with you, but his teammates will help him'/ attack etc?

There is a stat increase of some sort (can't remember exactly how it scales up the difficulties) but anecdotally I would say the higher the difficulty, the more aggressive the AI tactics, and hence leads to better gameplay.

The Hitch said:
I think they only get increased stats (think it's +2 or 3), which also results in them attacking more. For example, while playing on extreme, I was in 2nd overall with Samuel Sanchez in P-N before the last stage. LuLu had the yellow jersey yet he attacked no less than 3(!) times during the stage, but yet he went on to win the bunch sprint in front of Samu who had been in the peloton all day (they have the same sprint stat). So yeah, playing on extreme can result in some crazy performances by the AI, but it's more fun that way as it's actually challenging.

maltiv said:
I think they only get increased stats (think it's +2 or 3), which also results in them attacking more. For example, while playing on extreme, I was in 2nd overall with Samuel Sanchez in P-N before the last stage. LuLu had the yellow jersey yet he attacked no less than 3(!) times during the stage, but yet he went on to win the bunch sprint in front of Samu who had been in the peloton all day

Wish he did that more often though he did get that 1 TDF stage win which redeems him.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
the day before the tour, Vino (in top shape btw) open his newspaper and what did he read? yes Alberto Contador the only thing between Vino and his well deserved Tour title has broken his neck, wohoo! :p

You are pretty damn lucky :p

Does anyone know where saved files get saved? What are they named like?

My cmp is in serious **** and if I get the chance to recover some files, would be good for me to recover that 1 little file rather than start the entire season which ive spent the last 5 months on, from scratch.

Cheers.

The Hitch said:
Does anyone know where saved files get saved? What are they named like?

My cmp is in serious **** and if I get the chance to recover some files, would be good for me to recover that 1 little file rather than start the entire season which ive spent the last 5 months on, from scratch.

Cheers.

I am not sure but I think mine are located: C:/users/"my user name"/Documents/Pro cycling manager 2011/users/"my pcm user name"/Database/solo

This is for your solo games. In the WeeklySave, there are autosaves of your career. :)

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well worth getting hold of the latest PPDB database or the PCM daily 2011 one, a vast improvement on the out-of-the-box version

TRENDING THREADS